“fantastic”

Jim Thorpe Sidecar Tourz
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Jim Thorpe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer exhilarating vintage sidecar rig rides around our beautiful historic town and its surrounding splendor. Enjoy a sightseeing experience that you won't find anywhere else in the Poconos. Each season brings its own unique beauty. Each vintage BMW sidecar rig can accommodate two riders on the bike in addition to the driver/tour guide to take in the sights. Choose from one of our six unique sidecar tour packages.
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

super nice people, awesome experience. highly recommend it. my husband, son and grandkids (rode in the side car) throughly enjoyed it.

Visited July 2014

delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip to the Poconos”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Without a doubt, our afternoon spent with Jim Thorpe Sidecar Tours was the highlight of our vacation. Our entire family (two adults and two children) fit comfortably on two bikes, and we got the most amazing tour of Jim Thorpe and the surrounding areas. Barb was great at communicating with me before our trip, so I already had a good feeling by the time they picked us up. She and her husband, Eddie, took very special care to make sure we were safe. The helmets were new and appropriately sized, and we got a little safety lesson before we set off.

I also noticed the way she engaged my kids in conversation before we started to ride. I was correct in assuming that she worked with kids in the past.

Time to ride ... My husband and I each rode on the back of a bike, and each child got their own comfy sidecar.

Our first stop was a little known waterfall off the beaten path. We climbed down some rocks and explored for a bit and enjoyed the gorgeous scenery. It was a beautiful spot and although there are larger more popular waterfalls in the area, I would choose this remote location any day.

My kids switched sidecards for the next leg of the trip, and we rode for a while through the hills until we got to a campground. Barb totally surprised us when she pulled out a picnic basket with fresh fruit, snacks and sandwiches for us to enjoy. It was a nice little break and we enjoyed chatting around the picnic table.

Back on the bikes, we headed to the town of Jim Thorpe. Barb and Eddie were great tour guides, pointing out landmarks and chatting about the history of the town and local legends. Barb was knowledgable about the area, and also gave us great advice about where to take the family to eat.

Back on the bikes (this time I got in the sidecar with my son - yes, we both fit just fine) .. and we headed to an Environmental Education Center to see some eagles and hawks at the bird rescue center.

Next stop was a pleasant surprise for all of us -- the local ice cream shop!

Back on the bikes ... back through the town of Jim Thorpe (on some different roads this time) .. and we headed home.

Overall, this was one of the most memorable excursions my family has done together. My son said it was the best day of his life, and when I asked what he liked so much about it .. he said besides riding in the sidecar, it was meeting Barb and Eddie.

And I would have to agree.

Next time, we're going to leave the kids at home and take a trip with Sidecar Tourz up to a local winery, one of the excursions they offer.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank sharonfullerton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had an absolute blast!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My daughter and I went on a sidecar tour with Barb, she was a fantastic guide. It was more fun than we could have imagined! We took a beautiful trip through the mountains that even included a stop by a waterfall. I would recommend this tour to everyone. Truly a unique way to see the area!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Javagirls
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A different experience!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Yes, Jim Thorpe is all about adventures and history. Trek, hike, raft all you like... but if you don't want to be sore and tired from all this exertion on a vacation, or want to take a break, this is the way to explore the town! Barb and Ed are so friendly! They care about your comfort and safety. It was a lovely experience, to be driven through the mountains on those winding roads, with halts at a camping site for a mini-picnic arranged by Barb and at the creeks. We did not have time to go to the river side, but the 3 hours flew past so quickly...we were left wanting for more!
Something for everyone to consider... save a few hours for the side cars!

Visited June 2014
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surprises surprises!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

So my fellow innkeeper calls and says I have a treat for us wear a jacket and come on over. Of course I obeyed. Arriving ready for anything. There they were...my buddy and our friend Barb. motorcycle with side-car attached.we had a blast. Can hardly wait for another trip!

Visited March 2014