“Would not stay anywhere else”
Review of Inn at Jim Thorpe

Inn at Jim Thorpe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jim Thorpe
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Would not stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was our first trip to Jim Thorpe and the Inn was highly recommended by our travel companions. Their advice was right on the money. It is a little pricey but............From the nostalgic reception area to the clean comfortable rooms it is well worth the price. The attached restaurant is cozy, clean and the menu choices are very much accommodating to all tastes. The $7.00 breakfast voucher is a nice added bonus. Live entertainment in the bar area, while a bit loud, is a nice feature as well. Full balconies on all levels facing the main street is a nice place for hanging out with friends for some casual conversation and relaxing downtime. Free parking also provided right next to hotel. Would definitely stay here every time in Jim Thorpe and recommend to anyone visiting this quaint village.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Comfortable room, great location, front porch on each level to relax outside, great restaurant attached. Inn provides parking and $7 (each person) voucher towards breakfast for the attached restaurant each morning. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TinaE129
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I just returned from a great trip (my first time) to Jim Thorpe.
A group of friends have been returning to Jim Thorpe every year for about 10 years and this year I decided to join them and I was not disappointed.
The town itself is so picturesque and quaint. The Inn was was fabulous. It is like stepping back in time but with modern amenities.
We had a standard queen which was a tad small but the bed was very comfortable and very hot water in the shower. We have already booked a king room for our return trip next year.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast at the Broadway Grille & Bar was delicous.
You recieve a voucher from the Inn for breakfast.
Our favorite spot was the porch/balconey off the second floor landing, happy hour with all our friends every evening overlooking the town was a delight.
My only suggestion for any light sleepers and non early risers, the rooms fronting the street can become a little noisy in the morning.
The Inn is located on the main street that runs through the town and when traffic starts in the morning it might wake you.
I would book a room towards the back of the building.Because of all the great outdoor activities in the area ,we were always awake early and enjoyed the view from our room.
I am very much looking forward to our return trip next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LoveToTravelGal
InnJimThorpe, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thanks so much for your detailed review! We appreciate it very much and look forward to your return visit!
Freeport, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is my 5th time back and it was the best stay yet! The room was impeccably clean {I called ahead and requested it to be so}, Beds were very comfortable, 4 pillows which I love, clean bathroom with new shower curtain, coffee maker & microwave. I requested a mini fridge and they had it there for myself and my friend.
I was in 217 which is one of the smaller rooms but big enough for 2 GF's to be comfortable. We did have a spirit visitation which was scary but fun after it was all over with! There was lots of activity at the Inn and elsewhere in the town that weekend.
Shout out to Linda who got us the 2nd night stay when it was booked for weeks. She went above and beyond her duty when the others told me to call back and check fr cancellations. Loved the 2nd floor balcony to people watch and relax!

Room Tip: 217 was a good spot. Quiet, small but it was not the deluxe room so I expected it. We didn't spe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank KaLovesToTravel49
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, KA! Great to see you again. Thanks so much for taking the time to write. Until next time!
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was my husband and my first trip to Jim Thorpe and we will definitely be returning. The Inn caught us by surprise as we weren't sure what to expect. The rooms were very nice with Victorian decor. What impressed us the most was the extras that came with the room including an in room keurig coffee maker and breakfast vouchers. We will definitely be returning in the near future!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Hlzuber
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I really liked my room and I reserved it months in advance. Everyone that works at the Inn is nice and wants to help you out and make your stay wonderful. I liked that you could put your bike in a shed when you were done with it for the day. Nice keeps it dry! They have apples out for the taking and they give you wonderful cookies at check in. We liked them so much we asked for more the next day. They gave them to us with a smile. The place is very clean. Housekeeping is great and they left the extra towels I asked for. They even wrote me a note and said have a happy stay. My hair is really long and I never get enough towels but that was not a problem here after my first night. They include a 7.00 pp value for breakfast, which is a nice touch. The coffee at breakfast could be better. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony but some people were smoking out there and really that is NOT allowed at the Inn. This is a very historic building and I have no idea why anyone would break the rules and smoke there. I saw this happen a few times. Maybe the workers should check the balconies from time to time to enforce the rules. The rest of us could do without smelling second hand smoke. The parking is tough and very close. Once you find a spot you should just walk the rest of your stay or better yet get a bike and see everything and do the rails to trails and keep your free parking spot. Most people did this. You can walk to so much from the Inn. I will return soon! I would say let's keep this place a secret but the secret is out and it is hard to get a room at this Inn.

Room Tip: You can use the website and see every single room they have and the floor lay out too. You should ha...
1 Thank skipthelightfandango
Thank you so much for your comments. We're happy you enjoyed your stay. Smoking is definitely NOT allowed on our balconies, so we're sorry that you were inconvenienced by this. The staff should have put a stop to that immediately. I'll pass your comments along to them so that doesn't happen again. Take care, and we'll see you again soon, hopefully!
Talleyville, Delaware
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at the main inn during our last visit and found it a little noisy (see previous review). We opted to stay at their sister building a few blocks up Broadway this time and had a very good experience. Our room was on the side of the building and had a shared balcony that was very comfortable. It overlooked the parking lot so the view wasn't much to rave about but it was a nice option to have during comfortable weather. 55 Broadway is also a little farther from the train line and traffic noise.

We had a two room suite with Victorian decor. The furniture appears to be relatively new and in good condition. It's generally comfortable and practical, whether you are staying one night or many. The TVs are all modern with one in the generous sitting room and another in the bed room. The bathroom, which is small, was recently renovated and everything functioned well. The room features a small fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker.

Wireless networking in both the main inn and 55 Broadway worked well and always reconnected without hassle. Wireless speeds were about 3MBps or just "OK". Your Netflix movies might sputter but, otherwise, it's fine for mail and web browsing. Cell phone coverage in Jim Thorpe is really challenged due to the steep valley. We could barely get an AT&T signal at 55 Broadway. Many of the other buildings in town have old tin decorative ceilings that totally block out wireless coverage (some of those ceilings have been covered over and aren't apparent until you see "no service" on your phone.

The only negative during this stay was the window air conditioner, which has seen better days and was very loud when it ran. It kept us up for multiple nights. I just don't understand inn keepers who spend thousands to renovate rooms and then don't give any thought to the comfort quality of their HVAC systems. The problem is all across the U.S., not just Jim Thorpe. If only the innkeepers would spend a night in each of their rooms. This would have been a 5 star review if only the management had spent $150 more to get a new AC unit.

We'll come back to this room but only during cooler weather.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in this building.
2 Thank SearchLite99
InnJimThorpe, Front Office Manager at Inn at Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Hi, SearchLite! Thanks so much for writing such a nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at 55 Broadway. I'm passing your comment about the air conditioner to our maintenance staff, who will take a look at the unit. I'm so sorry it was noisy, that's a drag. But hopefully they can fix it soon. We look forward to your return visit! Take care, and thanks again for writing.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#3 of 6 in White Haven
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Inn at Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!