“Great family holiday”

Blue Dolphin Holiday Resort
Cleveland, Queensland, Australia
“Great family holiday”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed a week during school holidays/Easter but it didn't even feel like the park was full. So many great facilities! Lovely friendly staff!
Also, highly recommend Sassafras Pasta and Pizza Restaurant in Yamba!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robyn_f99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Dissapointed come home feeling tired after a holiday,park location and facilities for the children are great,having campers set up next to you at all hours of the night not impressed.,children ridding around on bikes and skate boards after dark very dangerous,alot of parents need to be reminded of supervision by big signs being put up ,bathrooms need a upgrade bit drab

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lollyrox
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights over a weekend, at a powered camping / caravan site. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Shared facilities (toilets, showers etc) were always clean. This would be a great place for kids as it has multiple swimming pools, playgrounds and a giant jumping pillow!! With lots to see and do you'll enjoy your stay, beaches are a short drive away perhaps too far to walk.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Puddletowel
Gold Coast
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We came to the Blue Dolphin originally in April 2013 and stayed on an ensuite site with our van, due to it being the week before Easter it was very quiet which gave the kids the run of the park. The park was fantastic & we have since highly recommended it to friends & family. I do agree with most other people that if the park is as serious as they say about the safety of their guests security needs to be on-site during peak periods as we had theives at our site (at night) the day before easter weekend when the majority of people arrived, whilst my hubby chased them he didn't catch them, only for them to return a 2nd time an hour later, this just isn't good enough & asking people to lock things up AT A CAMPSITE doesn't cut it. Despite this one negativity we have re-booked for this year convincing friends to come along, whilst I have been excited all these months I am now extremely nervous, we have since sold our caravan & I had to change my ensuite site to a cabin, only to discover that within 48 hours the price I was quoted on the phone jumped by $20pn when I booked! was really annoyed about this, considering they claimed that they hadn't changed, I had been stalking the website all week knowing that we possibly had a buyer & working out my budget based on the prices & I called the day before we sold it to confirm cabin availability & price, but no at time of booking that all went out the window! I would have thought they would honour it for the sake of 48hrs not to mention we booked a year ago for the original site so the prices were lower & we were bring more business to them by bringing friends! to add to this I have since read reviews, as we hadn't stayed in cabins before, so cleanliness etc has never been a concern before, unfortunately the reviews haven't been favourable as to the condition & cleanliness of the said cabin booked (Holiday Cabin) whilst I understand it is at the cheaper end (well originally it was!) I still expect it to clean, everything in working order, enough towels supplied & no ants! which seem to be recurring problems. We were originally hoping to make this a yearly trip with our friends but with a bad taste in my mouth over the cost I am very anxious as this point in time on what we find when we arrive ......

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TazDaly
Wakefield UK
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Yamba is a beautiful place and the Blue Dolphin Campsite also does not disappoint.

The surrounding scenery is extremely tranquil, I would recommend taking your morning coffee and just sitting on one of the benches that overlook the water…and maybe a slice of bread or two for the pelicans!

The facilities are clean and there are plenty of spaces and facilities for outdoor cooking.

The site itself is not over crowded compared to some sites which adds to the peaceful atmosphere.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rich_Forbes
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from 5 nights camping at Blue Dolphin and we all had such a wonderful time. We got an ensuite site which was great with 3 young children. There is so much for kids to do there, waterslides, jumping pillow, playgrounds, handball court and the school holiday program is fantastic. It was very busy and there were kids everywhere riding around on scooters and bikes (right out in front of cars) so we tended to sit outside our tent supervising other peoples children as no adults were in sight watching all these kids.
I can't wait to go back off peak. Highly recommend this park.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank wouldloveaholiday
Culcairn, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Reviewed by our kids. "its the best caravan park in the world". And "the best bits are the water slides". Great town, great accommodation, Wonderful relaxing holiday! Weather was fantastic and would definitely visit again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family