IMO, the price was too high for what we got. Overall ok but we expected more considering the high rates.
What we liked:
1)The townhouse was ok, clean, comfortable, modern kitchen well equipped. The bedrooms were ok.
2) Close to Pippi beach, even though we preferred Yamba beach (better for children and not many people with dogs).
3) Friendly staff.
4) Tennis courts
What we didn't like:
1) No AC in the unit, it was ok in late April but I wouldn't stay here in Jan - Feb.
2) Useless WiFi, seriously the service is terrible and at additional cost.
3) The pools were considerably small considering a complex this size and freezing cold!!!, only the Spa was heated but extremely small and always crowded.
4) No ventilation at all in the toilets and one of them was next to the kitchen !!!
We stay here during Easter long weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only ABSOLUTE BEACH FRONT Resort Accommodation in Yamba!•Lap pool (SUITABLE FOR TRAINING) with splash area catering for smaller children•Outdoor entertaining areas and barbeques •Large Leisure Centre pool•Outdoor heated spa •Two Tennis courts •Security parking, mostly undercover• Easy walking to shopping, golf club, bowls club and general sights of Yamba. Free WIFI in the Leisure Centre and set within tropical gardens - paradise on the beach! A welcome pack is available on arrival to get you started! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.