“Tasty”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We ate here after a recommendation from our motel. Great place, great food, friendly service, interesting decor ;) . Byob. Closed a bit on the early side though at 8.30 or something. But it's winter here I guess.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ordered home delivery and had pizza, pasta and breads. Everything was hot, tasty and well presented. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's a nice open plan place to eat pizza and pasta. The choices are varied and being able to provide gluten free bases and pasta is a big bonus. Our pizzas were a little on the overcooked side but far from destroyed. The wait staff were excellent ... two bright happy ladies from Canada who managed to be able to have a conversation with us, without making others wait. Wait time on the food was short, despite the restaurant also servicing a strong takeaway trade. Value for money but it suffers from a tiled floor and a very high level of ambient noise. Not the place for a quiet, intimate snugglefest for two, but just right for larger groups.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food was OK, staff were friendly. Not fine dining and not Pizza Hut. After all it is just a little town along the coast.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Passed into Yamba from Coffs Harbour & spent the night there. I guess technically it's a restaurant but looked fairly basic & more like a café. It was fairly busy & I decided as we only had 1 night in our accommodation we should order take out & relax there. Staff warned us it would take about half an hour & it actually took longer. We ordered a large 'Vego' to share so I can only comment on this type, also ordered 'rat baits' [cooked dough balls with separate slabs of garlic butter]. I'd heard a lot about the pizza & as lame as it is, [I like to think] I'm this amateur pizza aficionado, hunting it out everywhere from Hong Kong to Venice to Chicago [Chicago has Gino's East pizzeria, the best ever!!!] so maybe I had high expectations. I asked for cheese all the way to the crust & to remove olives. I also put 3 dollars in the tip jar [was all I had in cash as hubby paid for pizza with credit card] & was looked at by the server with an expression like "really? that's all? okay." When we got back to the apartment I was pretty underwhelmed, good size but cheese was more over 2/3 of it, nowhere near the edge, & the flavour was to be honest more like pizza hut, pretty doughy/dry & no real flavour in the sauce etc. And olives weren't removed :( I've had better from Pizza Capers, Marie's Pizza on Gold Coast [a little greasy but still chunky homestyle & Yummy], & even Dr Oetker frozen pizzas [weird name for pizza but pretty good]. The rat baits dough balls were really good as the garlic butter was great. But overall I was like "really? I don't get it" & it wasn't cheap, [would have cost us over $30 just for pizza & dough balls if we hadn't had a $10 voucher sitting in our accommodation leading us in Sassafra's direction]. If you're really into your pizza, I wouldn't recommend it, at least based on what I saw, the service & the food. And if they go lazy on vego variety, please don't, as vegos like yummy pizza too & many other places know how to make a good one. Maybe I just had a bad night at this place as everyone raves about it.