All reviews hot chocolate overnight stop toaster and kettle stayed one night rooms are small the room was nice electric blankets comfy bed checking in off street parking basic accommodation cold weather last minute booking queen room would stay again ground floor tea coffee
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I was travelling between Melbourne and Canberra to view the Australian Parliament. I was leaving Melbourne late, so knew I couldn't get to Canberra before most check-in's close. So I picked Yass, close enough to Canberra but most of the journey completed. I was worried about checking in late, but when I called Hi Way motor Inn I shouldn't have been. Greg was able to take payment and organise for access to a room compete with key and receipt. Everything I liked about this accommodation, big bed, comfortable bed, great bathroom, great heating (especially for this cold place), great TV - but not so good water. Everything else was great, easy to find lots of parking at door of room and such incredible hosts. I would definitely stay here for future Canberra trips or even Melbourne - Sydney trips. I strongly recommend this accommodation.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Very clean,comfortable,though fairly small room.Warm and cosy on a cold night.Very good shower.Quiet location.great stop over for one night. We paid $89 for last minute booking and it was such great value. Couldn't fault it for this level of accomodation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Very nice staff. Room very clean, quiet and just far enough away from the town centre.comfy bed. No breakfast provided but it can be ordered. Plenty of places to eat with a few pubs and the Soldiers Club.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018

It was a comfortable room for overnight, friendly reception and great price. Our only concern was the wifi didn't reach our room very well, so was intermittent. It was an older style motel, but very clean and comfortable bed. The heating and shower were also hot, which is much needed in winter.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We weren't planing our stay in Yass. Our car broke down and we found ourselves in need of a room. A local recommended this motel and so glad we took his advice. The staff were kind, flexible and helpful. They really helped us through our tricky situation. The room itself is very clean. The bed was terrific and it was quiet too. It's a cute retro style place with vintage tiles in the bathroom but everything is really well maintained and spotless. I can see why they get so many nice reviews. This is not the Sheraton, but it's way better value and the staff could teach them a lesson.

Date of stay: July 2018