“Diving and Dining "Heaven"”
Review of Uepi Island Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Uepi
Uepi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uepi
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I arrived on Friday 20.9.2013 for 7 days as part of a Solomon Islands diving trip and was welcomed by Jason KELLY, son of the Managers and from that moment, Uepi Island Resort was a truly dining and diving experience. I have dived around the Pacific and Micronesia and this is a stand out resort. As I arrived early, I enquired about an afternoon dive and Jason said "Just turn up at the Dive Shop at 2 o'clock and the boys will look after you" and he was not wrong. And things just got better and better. I could not fault any part of the Resort from the girls and guys in the kitchen, the friendly grounds staff, the Dive Shop boys and boat drivers, there were no problems and if you had a question or query, it was answered quickly and professionally. And not to forget the reason that I was there, the diving, it was superb, very relaxing and the dive staff and guides made your dive an experience to remember..

Room Tip: The beach bungalows are great with shaded decks with hammocks overlooking the lagoon and the garden...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank JOHNPOTTER1948
There are newer reviews for Uepi Island Resort

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I live in Honiara and travelled to Uepi when my mother visited from Canada. We spent 3 nights but should have stayed much longer!

Jill and Grant were really friendly and we appreciated the introduction and orientation talk when we first arrived. All the food was amazing and they did were lovely about adjusting to our dietary preferences (ie. I don't like fish or seafood. I know. I suck.). Having lunch delivered to the bungalow is such a great idea, and communal dinners such a nice way to spend some time chatting to other travellers.

We stayed in one of the ocean front bungalows with 2 beds. They were single beds and it would have been nice to have had two double beds, but that's basically the only thing that I might have changed about the whole experience.

Swimming with the sharks off the jetty is the clear highlight of the trip for me. I haven't learned how to dive (yet) so as a snorkeller it's such a treat to have that kind of experience. The guys at the dive shop were really funny and friendly, and we also did a day trip by boat to another area for snorkelling.

I need to convince someone else to come visit me so I can go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Heather Q
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This review should have gone onto TripAdvisor a lot sooner!

Thinking back to our stay there, it was just wonderful. The photo's we took there just bought back a flood of great memories! Its very remote, its pristine and its paradise for divers and for snorkelers as well!

What makes it all so wonderful is the remoteness + the management + staff + friendly atmosphere...please do go. Its a holiday always remembered!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SharonJB
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This place is truly what the owners, Grant and Jill describe it as: a no star resort in a five star environment. The accommodation was basic, but the overall vibe and the activities on offer were what made my stay there the best of the three places I visited in the solomon islands. The food was excellent, with delicious, fresh seafood and a host of other interesting dishes. All of the staff were unfailingly nice, and it was clear that Grant and Jill were running a very slick operation.

But the best part about the stay was the diving. The dive sites were amazing, with beautifully clear water, an abundance of coral and a whole host of interesting marine life including sharks and even a manta ray.

If you are travelling to the solomon islands, i definitely recommend giving this place a go.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank youngtraveller747
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had two weeks at Uepi and boy was it fabulous! The dinners (buffet style) were wonderful - particularly if you love fresh seafood. The accommodation is simple compared to international resorts but it was clean, very comfortable and located right on the lagoon - bliss! We chose not to dive but had fantastic snorkelling experiences every day with sharks, dolphins, manta rays and all the usual fish and colourful coral. The owners Jill and Grant could not have more helpful, friendly and efficient. For instance, I was stung in the water and received excellent first aid and loan of a stinger suit for the rest of the holiday. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Highly recommended indeed is Uepi Island Resort. My accommodation was a beautiful and private spot, with verandah and hammock, comfortable bed, fridge and was well-serviced (complete with fresh flowers). For divers and snorkellers, Marovo Lagoon is a must see - the best diving spot I experienced in the Solomons - for diversity, challenge and spectacular underwater life. Evenings meals were an enjoyable time to share with fellow travellers and the lovely host family over a cold beer/wine and an impressive and delicious culinary range. Recommend a stay of between 3-7 nights. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TaskaQueensland
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We didn't have the kids with us on this trip, but we were there checking this place out for a return trip with the kids. Its a little bit of paradise in a beautiful location.

We got talking to other families that were staying on the Island to get a feel for what a family can expect. Kids and families that seek adventure will not be disappointed, as the swimming and snorkelling for kids is so much fun. Your kids will return to school with bragging rights on how they were swimming with the sharks of Uepi. That's more street cred then a kid who went on theme park ride! Probably the boat ride to the resort would be street cred for kids over a airport taxi..

The food is good the meals are amazing with majority of the food being produced on and from around the island. The fresh fish, mud crabs and cray fish were just heaven. Yum..

The pictures, images etc you see in online only capture half of colour and excitement this place has to offer. We have a done a video review which is on our site, which is worth checking out if your interested to learn more.

James @littlenomads

Room Tip: Number 4 in the Garden Bungalows is a private spot which picks up a nice cross breeze from both side...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank LittleNomads
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uepi
Honiara Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gatokae Island
Rekona Lodge
Rekona Lodge
#1 of 5 in Gizo

Been to Uepi Island Resort? Share your experiences!