“Bliss on a stick”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Uepi Island Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Uepi
Uepi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uepi
Sydney, Australia
“Bliss on a stick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is the sort of place that makes a one week holiday feel like two which is quite an achievement. We were met by Jill at the welcome wharf and our exquisite adventure began. We were there for the scuba diving which was absolutely world class but the experience on the island was fantastic. The accommodation was lovely and made me feel good because it's eco friendly, the resort itself is kept in immaculate condition, and the food... the food is stunning. Jill and Grant work hard to make sure that all the guests are cared for, and the staff quite frankly have to be some of the friendliest people I've ever met in my life. I must admit I wasn't a fan of the ambient temperature showers to start with (I've always loved a hot shower) but it only took a couple before it became the norm and quite enjoyable. This place feels like a quiet piece of paradise, can't wait to go back. Don't expect to be posting heaps of photos to Facebook while you're there, the internet service is pretty terrible... but it sort of forces you to disconnect for a while and wow does it feel good. If you're looking for amazing diving you're in the right place. Massive fan corals, sharks, large pelagics, schooling fish, coral reefs and fish, wrecks, swim throughs, you name it they've got it. Snorkelling around the island is great and you can easily spend hours hanging out with the local fish and black tip sharks. Is it good enough to go back, absolutely!! This is a top notch place that lets you chill out, enjoy nature, unwind, and look forward to meal time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank JoChappy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Uepi was our third island to visit in the Solomons and by far the best. The snorkelling was absolutely mind blowing with coral gardens and drop offs, swimming with manta rays, sharks and a wide variety of tropical fish. As snorkelers rather than divers we tagged along with dive trips but were always accommodated. We have snorkelled many places and uepi was right up there with the best, if not the best. We were there for 5 days and did two snorkel trips a day and never did the same place twice.

We went to Uepi to experience the underwater environment but found the accommodation to be more than adequate, particularly given its isolated location. We enjoyed the communal dinners and the friendly hosts. Food was great, particularly the dinners and we certainly never went hungry.

The accommodation is simple but clean and comfortable. There isn't hot water but the pipes warm during the day to give some warm water, although in this climate the cooler water is refreshing. You are welcomed to bring your own alcohol to the island and drink it in the bar if you like. There's also a fridge in your room.

We loved our stay and look forward to going back (we were there in March 2011).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Toni W
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I arrived on Friday 20.9.2013 for 7 days as part of a Solomon Islands diving trip and was welcomed by Jason KELLY, son of the Managers and from that moment, Uepi Island Resort was a truly dining and diving experience. I have dived around the Pacific and Micronesia and this is a stand out resort. As I arrived early, I enquired about an afternoon dive and Jason said "Just turn up at the Dive Shop at 2 o'clock and the boys will look after you" and he was not wrong. And things just got better and better. I could not fault any part of the Resort from the girls and guys in the kitchen, the friendly grounds staff, the Dive Shop boys and boat drivers, there were no problems and if you had a question or query, it was answered quickly and professionally. And not to forget the reason that I was there, the diving, it was superb, very relaxing and the dive staff and guides made your dive an experience to remember..

Room Tip: The beach bungalows are great with shaded decks with hammocks overlooking the lagoon and the garden...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank JOHNPOTTER1948
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I live in Honiara and travelled to Uepi when my mother visited from Canada. We spent 3 nights but should have stayed much longer!

Jill and Grant were really friendly and we appreciated the introduction and orientation talk when we first arrived. All the food was amazing and they did were lovely about adjusting to our dietary preferences (ie. I don't like fish or seafood. I know. I suck.). Having lunch delivered to the bungalow is such a great idea, and communal dinners such a nice way to spend some time chatting to other travellers.

We stayed in one of the ocean front bungalows with 2 beds. They were single beds and it would have been nice to have had two double beds, but that's basically the only thing that I might have changed about the whole experience.

Swimming with the sharks off the jetty is the clear highlight of the trip for me. I haven't learned how to dive (yet) so as a snorkeller it's such a treat to have that kind of experience. The guys at the dive shop were really funny and friendly, and we also did a day trip by boat to another area for snorkelling.

I need to convince someone else to come visit me so I can go back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Heather Q
Eden, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This review should have gone onto TripAdvisor a lot sooner!

Thinking back to our stay there, it was just wonderful. The photo's we took there just bought back a flood of great memories! Its very remote, its pristine and its paradise for divers and for snorkelers as well!

What makes it all so wonderful is the remoteness + the management + staff + friendly atmosphere...please do go. Its a holiday always remembered!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank SharonJB
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This place is truly what the owners, Grant and Jill describe it as: a no star resort in a five star environment. The accommodation was basic, but the overall vibe and the activities on offer were what made my stay there the best of the three places I visited in the solomon islands. The food was excellent, with delicious, fresh seafood and a host of other interesting dishes. All of the staff were unfailingly nice, and it was clear that Grant and Jill were running a very slick operation.

But the best part about the stay was the diving. The dive sites were amazing, with beautifully clear water, an abundance of coral and a whole host of interesting marine life including sharks and even a manta ray.

If you are travelling to the solomon islands, i definitely recommend giving this place a go.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank youngtraveller747
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had two weeks at Uepi and boy was it fabulous! The dinners (buffet style) were wonderful - particularly if you love fresh seafood. The accommodation is simple compared to international resorts but it was clean, very comfortable and located right on the lagoon - bliss! We chose not to dive but had fantastic snorkelling experiences every day with sharks, dolphins, manta rays and all the usual fish and colourful coral. The owners Jill and Grant could not have more helpful, friendly and efficient. For instance, I was stung in the water and received excellent first aid and loan of a stinger suit for the rest of the holiday. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uepi
Gizo Hotel
Rekona Lodge
Rekona Lodge
#1 of 5 in Gizo
Evis Resort at Nggatirana Island

Been to Uepi Island Resort? Share your experiences!