“okay if you have to be in johnstown”

Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
nj
“okay if you have to be in johnstown”
Reviewed 18 October 2006

nice place - clean - but downtown where this is located has no nightlife - so you're pretty much stuck in the hotel - no outside restaurants, ice cream , anything to walk to - and the fromt desk has no idea about anything in the area or restaurants to choose from, etc - and stay away from the special "diet" menu in the hotel - smallest portions i have ever seen for too much money - otherwise it is a good, clean hotel and if that's what is important to you & you need to be here, you'll do okay

• Stayed October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cmalloy250, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
joisey-joe,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on our hotel. It is through our guests reviews that we are able to create a create guest experience here at the Holiday Inn Downtown. I can assure you that your comments have already changes our training programs. We have now enhanced our front desk training and equipped our Guest Service Representatives with adequate information and maps to help our guests get out and experience Johnstown. Our management and staff appreciate your business and we hope that you will be able to return soon to experience the changes that you helped to facilitate. Hope to see you soon!
Cassie Malloy – Group Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orange County, California
Reviewed 2 August 2006

This was the second leg of a Pennsylvania trip to visit friends and family. My wife and I stayed at this property before and were happy with it--the same held true this time.

The property compares favorably to other Holiday Inns I have stayed at. The hotel restaurant is actually pretty good (although not terribly innovative--this is Johnstown). My wife had an issue with one dish on our previous visit (salmon needed to be sent back, wasn't quite cooked through). No issues this time at all.

The lounge is pleasant--nice place to come and relax. Very accomodating when we wanted to get a light meal and a drink each. Friendly people. However, quite a few of the patrons smoke...but you can usually find a spot where that is less of an issue.

Rooms have been very nice--our King room included a microwave and refrigerator. We were recognized as Priority Club members, which was nice (we don't have status in the program, but they still seemed to care).

We will no doubt return the next time we come to Johnstown.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank burnessis
burnessis ,
Thank you so much for your great review of our property. The Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown prides itself on our ability to provide our guests with the accommodations that our business travelers value. It is our continued goal to provide 100% customer satisfaction and to be a great hotel that our guests love. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Cassie L. Malloy – Group Sales Manager
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 March 2006

We had to attend a funeral and when I called the hotel for rates, they asked what brought me to Johnstown. I told them and right away they offered a bereavement rate! It was a savings! Upon entering the lobby I sensed a smell of chlorine which I later found out that the pool was right off the lobby. Check in was pleasant and informative. The hotel appears to be an older one but may have been renovated over the last few years. Hallways were alittle dark but clean. Our room was fine, beds were already turned down upon our arrival. Room ammenities were in order; bathroom was clean; soap was tiny. The only thing I did not like was the shower liner that was too long and dragged in the tub.
We had the breakfast buffet the next morning which was fair and not extensive. I should have ordered off the menu; service was pleasant. To sum up not a bad little hotel in Johnstown! Will stay again!

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank Hotelwarrior
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown. I think you will be happy to know that we are continuing to update our property and as always, striving for 100% guest satisfaction. I would like to thank you for such a kind review of our property. I hope that you and your family will return again soon.
Best Regards!
Cassie L. Malloy - Group Sales Manager
Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2006

I accompanied my husband on a recent business trip to the Johnstown area. Even Trip Advisor didn't have a whole lot of ideas (shocking, LOL) so we made reservations for one night at the Downtown Holiday Inn. We ended up staying for 3 nights! The resteraunt is great, the pool nice and clean, always fresh towels and the staff in general is polite and helpful. Room service was good, arrived promptly and the food was more than acceptable. They ask when you order room service if it's OK to add a 15% gratuity, I imagine you can refuse but I never did. We were in roon 507, smoking, but you'd never know it when we first opened the door or even out in the hallway when we stepped off the elevator. It was a king room, very clean and well stocked with toiletries and towels. While my husband worked, I walked around downtown and found all sorts of things to do besides the Flood Museum, which was very interesting as well. There is a really neat candy store right across from the Holiday Inn where they have candy I hadn't seen since I was a kid. They had a piano player in the bar Saturday night, he was good, and every time we ate at the hotel it looked as though the place was crowded with locals, always a good sign in a hotel dining room. Water pressure wasn't terrific, maybe because we were on the 5th floor but it was adequate, nothing really bad. All in all, the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown is a nice place, who'd have thought you could find such a gem in such a little town? This hotel is much nicer than your typical Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
8 Thank bean
bean,
Thank you so much for such a terrific review of our hotel and restaurant! The staff and management here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown, appreciate your business very much and truly enjoy going the extra step to make our customers feel at home. It is through positive comments like those in your review that assures us that we are making a difference in the lives of our guests. I appreciate you taking the extra time out of your day to provide us with your feedback. I look forward to you staying with us again.
Have a great day!
Cassie Malloy – Group Sales Manager
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 January 2006

The hotel was the perfect place for a weekend getaway! My partner and I reatly enjoyed our spacious room and helpful staff, they even helped in ordering flowers for when we arrived. The restrant is very classy and has wonderful food and GREAT deserts!! Check with the hotel for Package deals that they offer including the flood museam, history center and incline plane. ready to stay again in a heart beat!

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank Lbeguy76
I am so happy to hear that your stay was a great one! We here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown enjoy getting feedback from our guests, as it helps us to perfect each guest experience. The staff and management take great pride in providing the amenities that you and all of our customers seem to appreciate so much, such as Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck and our great desserts! We do have some great new packages too, like our Great Date Package, which is great for a weekend getaway with your loved one. I hope that you have a chance to check it out!
Take care and thanks again!,
Cassie Malloy - Group Sales Manager
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 September 2005

I really enjoyed my Saturday night stay at the Johnstown Holiday Inn. Normally, I'd bid on Priceline, but since they added the Holiday Inn Express to the zone, and that hotel is at least several miles away in Richland, I decided to book the HI, just to be sure I was in downtown.
Check in took two minutes with a polite and organized girl at the front desk. The hotel had a wedding reception and a busload of hockey players, but I never heard a thing.
Parking is free in their lot and garage. You can get a full breakfast (eggs, bacon, juice, coffee, biscuit) from room service for under $10!
Bottom line -- very clean, quiet, nicely furnished, great restaurant -- Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank lvs2cruz
luvs2cruz,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We appreciate your honest opinion and your business very much. The Holiday Inn DowntownJohnstown takes pride in providing 100% guest satisfaction everyday. It is through the feedback of our valued customers that we can perfect future guest experiences. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to help us make the Holiday Inn Downtown one of the great hotels guests love!
I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon.
Cassie Malloy - Group Sales Manager
NJ
Reviewed 31 July 2005

The Holiday Inn in Johnstown is a very nice hotel with free parking, an indoor pool, fine restaurant and near the inclined plane and other tourist locations. When in Johnstown, take to plane to City Place restaurant. Breathtaking views. I would striongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank Bones57
Bones57,
Thanks so much for your review of our hotel! I am so happy that you enjoy your visits to Johnstown. I am glad that the location of our hotel is convenient for your travels. I hope that you will be back to stay with us soon!
Have a great day!
Cassie L. Malloy - Group Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Hampton Inn Johnstown
Ramada Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Ligonier
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville

Been to Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown? Share your experiences!