“Nice alternative to the pricey ski resorts!”

Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jones Mills
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After getting the weekend room rates for Seven Springs for a recent ski trip, we decided to stay at the Log Cabin Lodge and Suites because the price was right. Based on the website, I was picturing a place in the mountains, so the actual location was somewhat disappointing, but it was still very convenient to the slopes (about five miles from Seven Springs).

Log Cabin Lodge and Suites is co-located on the property with the Living Treasures animal park and we were immediately greeted by a roaring lion or tiger, which we thought was hilarious. Other than the occasional roar in the middle of the night and the hillbillies in the next room, the lodge was very quiet.

Our room was very clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. We also had a mini-fridge in our room, which came in handy. My only complaint is that we didn't get fresh towels and our room wasn't cleaned after our first night. Apparently, you need to notify the front desk that you want your room refreshed, information that would have been helpful when we checked in.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Log Cabin Lodge and Suites and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the animal enclosures.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Matthew D, General Manager at Log Cabin Lodge and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. It our focus to be clean, friendly, and a convenient and affordable alternative, away from the hustle and bustle. I particularly appreciate your comment about notifying housekeeping about refreshing your room between the days of your stay. We have found that privacy is much appreciated by guests staying multiple days so we offer the OPTION of room make-up at no extra cost. I understand that this was not obvious to you.. Because of your comment, we have instituted a new policy of asking our guests which option they prefer at the time of check-in. I believe that this will better serve our guests in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We typically stay at one of the larger ski resorts in the area but after passing Log Cabin multiple times over the years we had decided to give it a try. We got a deluxe room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi. The room was extremely clean, which was impressive given all the nooks and crannies that the rustic décor lent itself to. The hot water was in great supply which was important given the cold and snowy weather outside and the large Jacuzzi that is in the room. I read previous reviews about noise. We had someone above us and while we heard a little noise, it was nothing that you don't hear at other places. The staff was fantastic and this place is extremely family oriented. I talked to their maintenance guy, who turned out to be the manager's father, and the manager turned out to be married to the owner's daughter, not much more family run than that. They take all the good charm and friendliness of a family owned business and deliver it to their guests. It is located around 7 miles from Seven Springs and 8 miles from Hidden Valley, which is a small downfall if the road crews aren't keeping up with road maintenance. But the drive is definitely worth the money you save and the uniqueness of the accommodation. I would give this place a try if you are coming into the area. Next time we are trying out one of their private suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank browneson
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I decided to try somewhere different than our usual place (for the last 6 years) so we booked a room at the Log Cabin Lodge and Suites for our 26th Anniversary. During check-in the first staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful.

Upon entering the room the decor was just as described...rustic, lodge decor. It was beautiful, but could use a little more lighting. We had a good bit of trouble trying to get the door to lock so that we could go to bed for the evening. It was pretty chilly in the room until we got the fireplace going, and when I pulled the extra blanket down from the shelf to add it to the bed there was a good bit of dust and some pieces of paper stuck to it (but we had no choice, it was cold!).

The bathroom was clean and the shower was of ample size. While my husband was in the shower and then while I was in the shower, we both had to listen to the other couple (whether beside us or above us, we aren't really sure) fighting, then drunkedly laughing loudly, and then well....you get the idea! (for over an hour and a half!) The walls are paper thin and it seems like the next room is right there with you, so if you are looking for privacy and romance this is not the place for you. Since they sell packages for a "family stay" I would be wary of small children and what they will be exposed to listening to from the next room(s)!

When we checked out, I alerted the staff member at the desk of the issue and I felt like it was just shrugged off. I guess they really don't take it seriously when you spend almost $130 on a room? Very disappointed in the stay....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaG1987
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked this hotel a few days ahead and were assigned room 210, which was a room with two double beds and a fireplace. All I can say on the decor is "wow" and I'm still not sure whether it's a good wow or bad. They certainly took their vision of rustic way too far. The chandelier looks like an upside down birds nest, is enormous and I swear, if it had fallen, would have impaled anyone unlucky enough to be below it. The headboards on the beds were also made of branches, and seriously, if you're in this room, watch your heads. The branches, knotholes, etc poked out all over the place. Ditto the dresser. Walking through the room in the dark is certainly a challenge. If I were ever in the area again and booked this hotel, I would definitely request another room. I understand the rest of the rooms are far more normal.

The negatives: carpet old and certainly could use a good cleaning; the bathroom door latch was broken and wouldn't stay closed (they did fix this relatively promptly, though); the locks on the front door were wonky, they took a bit of jiggling to get everything to line up so you could lock or unlock the door; and the fireplace took forever and a day to light (it's a gas fireplace) and the pilot light just didn't want to work. Check in was slow and while the woman who checked us in wasn't exactly rude, she wasn't exactly the most pleasant person on earth, either. The other staff we came into contact with, however, were pleasant and polite.

The positives: it was clean, relatively comfortable (especially for only one night) and had ample parking. Also, it is attached to a small zoo, which was much nicer and more well-kept than I expected. The bears are awesome :)

While I wouldn't rule this out as a place to stay, I would definitely look for something else. It was a little pricey for the quality of the accomodations and honestly, that room we had scared me lol

Room Tip: If you have small children, room 210 is not your best bet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent the weekend in pet friendly suite 121. It is a converted office suite. If you are a fan of fluorescent light and road noise then this is the place for you. The staff is is very clear that the pet friendly suites are 2 miles from the main lodge. However, what they fail to tell you is that it is located BETWEEN highway 31 and the turnpike. The noise was really too much. The reason we stayed in the pet friendly suite was for our dog. I felt that when he was outside it was frightening for him to have big rigs flying by...very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carole A
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We just spent the night at Log Cabin and were pleasantly surprised. I read about it here on tripadvisor and it was perfect for a visit to Falling Water. We picked a normal two double bed room upstairs and it was cute and clean. Had everything we needed, super comfy beds, fridge and microwave. The check-in girl had good suggestions for eating both close to the inn and also over by Falling Water.
I think we were the only guests, but breakfast was all set up and ready for us in the morning. Again--all staff friendly and helpful.
This was a last minute getaway in perfect weather to finally see Falling Water. We generally try to find little Mom and Pop gems and this certainly fits that description.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs have cathedral ceilings, are well sized with nice outside seating along the porch...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room was beautifully designed. Authentic wood look was great. The animal sounds in the background was an outstanding bonus. Will always stay there when in the area. The discount to Living Treasures for staying on property was great and allowed us to go in and out of the park as much as we wanted the entire day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites Uniontown
Comfort Suites Uniontown
#3 of 9 in Uniontown
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Log Cabin Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!