“Nice affordable stay. ”

Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Jonestown
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Housekeeping left much to be desired but I was still very happy with our 2night stay. The rooms were spacious and updated. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would give a perfect rating if the cleanliness of the room was better. Beds were very comfortable providing a restful nights sleep.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were greeted right away, staff was polite. The room was clean and well kept. The pool was small but the perfect temperature, plus sparkling clean and not over chlorinated. Checkout was flawless. Breakfast was decent, normal hotel options. Very easy off 81.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor close to the elevator. Noise was not an issue.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night on our way to Hershey, PA. (Hotels in Hershey were a lot more). Close to highway & easy to find. The whole place looked new & clean. Our room was clean & comfortable. Bathroom is nice & clean too. Free breakfast w/ make your own waffle was good too, though there wasn't enough seating. Front desk guys were courteous.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here during my daughters basketball tournament. Greeted by a young lady when we went to check in, who was dressed very inappropriate for any kind of business . My 5 year old dresses more appropriately. We travel frequently and all over the world, never have I seen any front desk staff without an uniform. Room was okay for the price, but definitely needs some housekeeping attention. We found items left behind by other people in our refrigerator, stains on the towels, and no soap dishes in the shower. When we got back after dinner, we found a rather large bug in our sheets after pulling back the covers, we were told it was a stink bug. Started to find them everywhere through-out the hotel. Definitely a stink bug infestation! Upon check out we talked to the same desk clerk, wearing tennis shoes, and a very revealing shirt. We told her about the issues we experienced and received no apology. Just a "ok, have a good day". This is where it gets scary. Our credit card was charged twice. There is still no answer why this has happened. I contacted the "manager" SEVERAL times, and he is ironically never there. This is not a good way to do any business, and I will dispute the 2nd charge off my credit card. I honestly am not sure what they are pulling, but be careful if you are staying and paying with a credit card. Next year the team and ourselves will stay in Hershey and pay a higher rate for a more upscale hotel.

Room Tip: Stay far away!
2  Thank Geonu12
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Do not waste your money here. When there are much nicer Choice Hotels a little further down the road. The young girl at Front Desk was dressed like she was going to yoga class instead of work being in tight leggings and a very tight top very unprofessional room was dirty breakfast sucked no manager around. Then when we arrived home found out we were charged twice and was told we will be refunded. We will be calling Choice letting them know how this hotel is bringing the Choice name shame.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Rain_dancer_74
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I knew we were not in a good place when we arrived after 12 hours on the road at 10pm only to find that our prepaid reservation would not be completely honored as we did not get the room type (king bed with rollaway) we requested. Some lame excuse about a basketball team taking over all the rollaways. (I'm still trying to picture a 6'6'' player sleeping on a rollaway.) Ended up with 2 doubles; not good for us. No attempt was made to try and make this up to us. Once we got to the room, we found the bathroom to be in pretty bad shape. Tub grout was poor, soap holder had fallen off the wall, and the shower curtain was pretty badly soiled and/or moldy. Breakfast was a little below average for that kind of place. Also lots of little indications that this property was not maintained or managed very well; dirt in common areas, too much wear and tear for a relatively new/renovated property, etc.

Good news is that the location is good (right off the highway) and the furnishings are new. Bathrooms are very small with an odd layout though.

2  Thank srr3306y
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My children and I recently stayed at this hotel which was close and convenient to the freeway, my family that I was visiting for the funeral service for one of my younger brother's. Check in was quick and the rooms where clean. But upon my arrival back home from a very emotional weekend I discovered that the hotel had charged my card twice. I called the hotel immediately, no manager of any sort was on duty. Explained what happened, was advised it was a computer gliche and that it happened to others that had stayed that weekend. They were taken down all the information and that the manager would start working on it Monday morning is what I was told. I asked for a call back from the manager. I called daily because I had not heard back from the manager nor was my card credited back. I even emailed him. Still nothing. I called the corporate offc for the hotel and filed a complaint and was told I would get a call back in 72 hours. 72 hours passed an no call from anyone nor was my card credited back. Much to my surprise the hotel didn't credit me back yet they charged me again! I contacted the hotel, a little irate at this point. And to my surprise the manager was actually in at this time. I basically demanded to be put on hold and have him brought to the phone because this was ridiculous and very unprofessional. He got on the phone and told me I had already been refunded and I had advised him he was incorrect and instead of crediting me he charged me again. He proceeded to tell me that they do not process the refunds there that I would have to contact the corporate office to get my refund. I knew this was incorrect and was getting no where with him. I called the corporate office advised them that I haven't been credited back my money and that the hotel charged me yet again and that I was told by the hotel to contact them to get my money back. They immediately contacted the hotel and said my issue would be rectified. It's one thing to have a computer glitch, but to never have the professional behavior to contact your customer back and apologize for the error and brush it off as no big deal is just unacceptable. And if this happened to others that weekend as I was originally advised, I can only imagine that they are going through the same thing. I highly doubt that I will ever stay in another Quality Inn after this.
Total dissatisfied Customer

2  Thank Cassie524
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonestown
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon

Been to Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap? Share your experiences!