“One of the best "Choice Hotels" I have stayed in”

Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Jonestown
Felton, Delaware
“One of the best "Choice Hotels" I have stayed in”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel was one of the best for the cost that I have stayed in. The evening desk clerk, Marisa was very polite and helpful. The room we stayed in was very clean and even had a selection on the bed of soft and firm pillows! The Wifi in the room had a very strong signal. The pool area was very clean. The breakfast in the morning was more than the usual "continental" breakfast. Besides the usual items, there were blueberry and strawberry waffle mixes to make your own Belgian waffles. There were fresh cooked egg patties and hard boiled eggs and sausage patties. The lady working in the breakfast area was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. We will definatly stay here again when we go to Roush Creek Jeep events rather than the hotels we usually stay at that are half the distance away.

Room Tip: They offer a very nice Military discount on the room :-)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was really a pretty nice hotel. Honestly we booked here because the rates were low. The reviews I read before booking made it look like a pretty good deal. We booked two rooms for 4 nights. The room my wife and I stayed in had a musty odor at first. We ran the ac constantly and that helped a lot. The other room was missing a lamp, had a malfunctioning telephone and no guide for the tv channels. We were told they ran out and had to go to the front desk to have a copy made of ours. It took two days to get the lamp and the phone working. At first we were just yessed to death but no one did anything. The first two days not all the used towels were replaced. Also the key cards had to be reprogrammed just about every day. The most helpful person at the desk was named Shannon. Between her and the manager things finally got fixed, except for the key cards, we had that problem right up to checkout. These were minor problems but it took awhile to get them corrected. It seemed that some of the staff was indifferent or just didn't know what to do. Eventually, the manager did his best to make up for it. And thank you Shannon. As for the hotel itself the rooms were very nice, the beds were comfortable and we felt pretty safe there. The pool was nice too. The grounds could have looked really nice but there were mostly weeds growing in the landscaped areas. A minor detail but one if corrected would really help make this hotel a 10. All things considered this was a pretty good hotel. With the rates as low as they were I would stay here again.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Choice management needs to do a no notice inspection on this place.

By far this was the worst Choice experience I have ever had. I was on the second floor the first night. The smell smacks you in the face as soon as you get off the elevator. The room smells even worse. I was greeted by several flies when I walked into the room. I was tired so I went straight to bed. However, I didn't get much sleep because it sounds like the third floor was going to collapse on you. Walking down the third floor hallway is an interesting adventure due to the trampoline like floor. At least the bedding was clean. The next morning I discovered a dirty moldy shower.

I returned to the hotel after work and the smell was even worse. It was so bad that guests were spraying the hallway and their rooms with febreeze. This left an odor that smelled like mildew, my son's hockey bag, and cheap perfume. I eventually went down to the desk to complain and the only response I got was "The floor isn't wet, maybe we can take care of it in the morning". A few minutes later I was invited to move to a first floor room.

The first floor room didn't smell like a locker room but was dirty and I got to make friends with a new group of bugs. The next day the GM met with me and was pretty good about pretending to care. We had the floor isn't wet conversation again which I don't understand because I never complained about a wet floor. I don't believe this place is genuine about any concerns though as I am not the only one that has made these observations (check out the reviews on the Choice hotels website).

The breakfast area isn't any better. The first morning I was scolded for not spraying the waffle iron and the lady was surprised when my waffle came out without an issue. The second day I used the spray and by the time I got the waffle out it resembled large bread crumbs. I stay at a lot of hotels and have never seen a spray bottle before. The third morning the flies were worse than ever and I ended throwing my food away after watching the party they were having on my plate.

This place was advertised to me as newly renovated. Someone needs to get their money back. The locals I talked with won't step foot in this place. If you absolutely need to stay here, get a room on the first floor and eat someplace else for breakfast. Plain and simple, this is a nasty place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Scott A
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed there one night to go to Hershey Park. We checked in very late and were greeted by name at the front desk! The next morning we got up late and although we missed breakfast hours by nearly 30 minutes, the 'breakfast person' offered anything we wanted that was left. Most places lock the doors after the free breakfast closes, but this place was so willing to assist, it was such a surprise. Even the manager came in and asked if everything was ok. The room was clean and quite. What else could you ask for at this price. We highly recommend this hotel. (We didn't try wi-fi connection since we were so late arriving.)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the moment we arrived, the staff was GREAT. The front desk staff member, Marisa, helped my family of five (2 adults, 3 children) settle-in to our room. She helped us with the pool and suggestions for dinner, and she helped me outline a running loop from the hotel. We felt welcome. The room was comfortable. The pool was nice, and the public areas were clean. The only downside was the sparse breakfast. My wife and I are on a diet. So we were OK. But our children were a little disappointed with the selection. Nevertheless, we had a good stay, and would stay here again if we were in the area. - Thank you.

1 Thank John P
Lexington, Ohio
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We come in from OHIO for a family get together yearly. The hotel has been renovated with new management/employees. When we arrived we were greeted from the front desk with HUGE smile by the front desk clerk Shaina. What a pleasure to be treated so well. We were also greeted by our housekeeper Rebecca. You knew she took pride in her work by the cleanliness of our rooms. The continental breakfast was very good and the eating area very clean. The gal that took care of breakfast and the eating area was very pleasant and also took pride in her work. This was the second year we stayed at this hotel and will stay again next year. Great place to stay for the money. We had 2 King Rooms and 1 Double. All 3 had fridge and microwave with 32" flat screens. THANKS Shaina and Rebecca for making our stay a GREAT ONE!!!!!!!! Hope to see ya next year!!!!!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the 3rd floor backside with a nice view of the valley
Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 August 2014

my family and I stayed for a week when we arrived we
received a warm welcome from the front desk clerk Shaina she was very pleasant the room we had was nice and clean we didn't have a refrigerator so a housekeeper personally delivered one i think.her name.was amy vary nice young lady breakfast was awesome we absolutely love this hotel and its very accommodating stuff kudos TO U ALL JEAN SHAINA RYAN AMY AND.RODICA SEE YOUS next year your manager should be proud to have a team like this

• Stayed August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonestown
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey

Been to Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap? Share your experiences!