“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”

Lantz Corners Getaway
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kane
Lantz Corners Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kane
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was out working in this area and my company put us in this place...as soon as I walked in I knew it wouldn't be a good stay!! Very outdated, my room smelled of cat urine, the water smelled like sewage, stains all over the carpets, rust in the bathtub/shower and on the "shower head" (it wasn't even really a shower head!). We were kicked out of our rooms twice...once because they needed to have rooms open in case they needed them due to two events in the area 2nd was a reservation error on their part! Workers are rude! One woman yelled at my co worker because she asked to have her room cleaned and the owner told another guy we work with they didn't need our business we could take our business elsewhere! The worst place I have EVER stayed!! If you stay here you will regret it I promise! Noone ever in the office you have to call them

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Stinger82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
uniontown pa.
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Just stayed at this property second week of april.Ihave stayed at dozens of hotels in north central Pa.This is one of the better places to stay.The location cannot be beaten for outdoor activities.The rooms were comfortable and cleaned every day.Good quality mettresses.Having the restaurant/bar steps from room makes it very covenient.The owners were very friendly and make sure guests are taken care of.Look if you want 5 stars stat in Pittsburgh.This is Mckean county for goodness sake.So go enjoy the scenery and friendly people.I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We have stayed at the property from time to time over the years, but even after being repeat customers, you just never know what you are going to get. The last two stays, we asked for a specific room (slightly newer area) and when we arrived were shuffled elsewhere after the commitment was made like there was never even a request. We tried one more stay after that, but had the maid banging on the door Saturday morning (it was locked with the chain - thank God) until I finally got out of the shower, wet, and in a towel to see what the problem was that prompted the urgent banging until I answered it... She told me "I wanted to go home early today, so wondering if you want service for this room?". I told her that service would not be needed (there was no apology for the intrusion or even a concern of me out of the shower standing dripping in my towel at all) and that was our last trip to Lantz Corners. Nice people, but there is a limit and you are still paying for the stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tlc232
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I spent one night while on business in the area and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is definitely old and basic, but it was clean and the desk staff was friendly. As noted in previous reviews, the room had a fridge and small microwave as well as a flat screen tv with Directv service (I didn't use it, so I can't comment to the quality). My room had a king bed which is a refreshing change from most old school hotels that only have queens or worse, doubles. I did not find the truck noise to be disturbing.

I had a quick beer at the restaurant/bar next door which seemed about ready to close up shop at 10pm on a Thursday night - I was the only customer. The restaurant opens up at 6 am and I had a very tasty breakfast there the next day.

All in all I thought the hotel provided good value for my money and it was certainly convenient for my purposes. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again should I be in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Our motorcycle group has been staying at the Lantz Corners Getaway one weekend each May for the past couple of years.

The motel is clean and the owners are very accomidating. No, it's not the Ritz but it is a good value if you want to stay in north central PA.

The some folks own the Barrelhouse bar & rest next door. The food I had was very good and their breakfast prices are really resonalble. The bar is very nice.

We visited the Zippo Lighter Museum in Bradford and the Kinzu Bridge while staying here.

We'll go back next year.
Jason

Room Tip: They have a couple newer rooms attached to the main building/ lodge.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cog62
TodVogelsang
Reviewed 12 May 2012

. First let me say for the past 12 years, I've spent 160-175 nights a year on the road, I've spent as many nights in dumps, as 4 and 5 stars. This property is NOT a dump, it's a $60 a night motel in the middle of nowhere. I travel to this area 4-5 times a year, and would usually stay in Bradford "20 min drive" at the Comfort Inn, but on this trip I was hanging out with a client for the weekend, who lived just a mile from Lantz Corners. I was surprised upon entering my room that it had a flat screen TV, Direct TV, a microwave, and refridg. I wasn't expecting any of that in such an old roadside motel. The room was VERY clean, and the bed was above average. The downside, the water coming out of the shower was clean, but smelled horrible. "SULPHER" Obviously they have well water, and well water in this part of the country doesn't smell so nice. The only other negative were the towels and wash cloths. They were all badly stained, and needed replaced. My wife was grossed out by the white and yellow wash cloths that were almost black. All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room, as I'm not sure all have beed re-done.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TodVogelsang
New York
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Maybe I should have asked to see the room first. Wireless internet existed but was not really usable from my room. Construction seemed shoddy, including the sagging bathroom counter top and a hole cut in the wall for an electrical outlet that has yet to arrive. It occurred to me that the room was more like a hastily-built television stage set meant to represent a motel room, rather than the genuine item.

The motel's location could not be less idyllic: it's at the intersection of 3 roads whose traffic is about evenly split between tractor-trailers and Harleys with open pipes. Judging from the parking lot, most of the other 'guests' are workers for a natural gas company. Which is not a problem, I'm sure these guys are tired at the end of the day and were certainly not making any noise . . . but the point is, this isn't a vacation vibe here at all.

On the bright side, I was so exhausted when I rolled in here that I went straight to bed, was not bothered by the constant rumbling of traffic (it helps if you live in NYC), and was up and on the road again by 5:30am the next morning.

While I've seen worse, I definitely won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Keep going till you find another motel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank MethMouth88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kane
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Cobblestone Inn and Suites St. Marys PA
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Marys

Been to Lantz Corners Getaway? Share your experiences!