“Authentic experience”

Cuisines: Austrian, Barbecue, German, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Red Rd.
Description: At Stony Run Inn, we specialize in Authentic German/Austrian dishes. We have Steaks for those meat lovers, along with Spinach Spaetzle for vegetarians. We have a Great atmosphere for a Great dining experience. We are located in a historic building that was built in 1857. Enjoy our German Restaurant today!
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was my first time since Lisa and Charles took over the restaurant. They have decorated the historic hotel quite nicely. The food was perfect. My Jeager Schnitzel was cooked to order, with the best Spaetzle since my Great Grandmothers. The German cabbage was awesome. My friend was delighted with her Veal Cordon Bleu. The poppy seed cake and the Paschka were perfect endings to our meals. Not to forget the bread.....The nicest part was the owner checking on us and asking how she could improve our experience. I would say to her....Keep going in the direction you are headed! They seem to have a sixth sense about how to run a German Restaurant!

2  Thank gwenrich8
There are newer reviews for Stony Run Inn

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was our first visit and we made reservations for Valentines Day. Our waiter Robert was colorful and very informative about the menu as well as the specials. He did not make us feel rushed and was a welcome change from many restaurants on Valentine's Day.They have a full bar and good German beer to go with the good German food. My wife had the rack of lamb, w/garlic mashed potatoes. I had the jaegerschnitzel, w/potato pancake, and applesauce. Both meals were very good. The portion sizes were just right and we could've stopped right there. But we didn't. We had the paschka and apple strudel for dessert. Again, both were very good. The strudel was made w/filo dough, so it was very, very, light. There was also a piano player who played some nice soft music which enhanced the overall dining experience. As one reviewer noted, the owner/chef came out to talk to her guests and get feedback on the meals. We look forward to dining there again with friends and family.

2  Thank gary r
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Back in September my husband, mother-in-law and I came out for my husband's birthday dinner. We were sadly disappointed with our service and the quality of the food was no where near what we were used to. This past Friday (1/31) we decided to return to Stoney Run. It was a quiet night and there were only a few other tables besides ourselves. We were happy to see that things seemed to be back to the way they always were. Our favorite waiter was his happy entertaining self and I ordered the exact same thing that I did the last time I was there and it was 100x's better :) My husband and I were very pleased that our favorite little German place once again lives up to what were used to. I hope that things continue to go well and we look forward to coming back again soon! P.s. The brownie cheesecake was better than the last time I remember having it.

2  Thank oliveusomuch
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very Good! But you have to understand what you are ordering, what you are getting and your own personal taste. We had paprikish chicken, Hungarian goulash and the Duck. Each was very good and not at all what we expected! Regional cooking is just that, regional and one chef's version of a dish is not going to be the same as another's I know food. I know German food and this stuff is good. I was most impressed that the chef/owner came out after our meal and asked how she could have made them better. She cooks to order, so now that I know, I will order next time to suit my own taste and am certain the meal will be exquisite. Try the pashka dessert. It is light and a bit of heaven on earth!

1  Thank LadySith
Charles F, Owner at Stony Run Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We thank you for giving us a second chance and we are pleased to hear that you were happy.
We look forward to serving you in the future.
Lisa and Charles Fish

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went with friends for New Years Eve..Service was horrible and waited very long for food.
They claimed they were out of certain foods at 7:00!!!, no beef goulash, salads, bread, etc..
We had to constantly ask for food/sides, drinks, etc. that we ordered and NEVER GOT!!!
The food was very overpriced and NOT good at all!!!! Our family is German and Hungarian and the food definately was NOT!!!! poor quality meats, tasteless and bland. We ate quietly and never complained and was never asked by our waitress if we wanted coffee/dessert, not that we would have ordered it anyway! The most entertaining part of our evening was talking with the other tables in the room about how horrible this place was. Im glad we were not alone! Sorry...disappointed and would never return!

2  Thank PaulAlbrecht
Charles F, Owner at Stony Run Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We Thank You for coming to Stony Run Inn & Grill your premier German restaurant in Berks and Lehigh County. Each customer experience is very important to us and we thank you for your feedback.
All excuses aside we were booked solid and it was New Years Eve. I can assure you we only use the finest quality meats from our German Butcher, and prepare everything to order.
We look forward to seeing you on a less busy night.
Charles and Lisa Fish