“Another excellent Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Another excellent Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

While travleing South from MA to FL and planning to leave mid day as opposed to early in the morning and making it to the Carolina's we opted to stay somewhere near Delaware Memorial Bridge. While this hotel is a little off of the RT 95 we typically take, I feel it was worth it to get away from the typical close to the highway hotels. Had a peacful relaxng sleep, a great breakfast at 6AM and we were on our way and back on to RT 95 within a 1/2 hour. Our experience was that it is a clean and well kept establishment.

Would like to return in the future to explore the area more and would definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to our facility. I am pleased you were happy with the cleanliness and condition of the hotel and will I will be sure to share your feedback with the team! Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Washington DC
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for a week back in September for work. Everything was great. The room was very spacious and clean. Beds were great, as are all Marriott brands. The staff was very nice and attentive. Breakfast each morning was a great touch as well. I am headed back there in 2 weeks for work travel and it is great knowing that I will be completely taken care of while I am away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alhahn321
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your experience with your guest room, amenities and our staff. I am so pleased you will be returning in a few weeks to visit us again! We look forward to seeing you!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had a decent stay here previously, and this time was equally good.

The highs:

- The desk staff person was cheery and helpful.
- I particularly enjoyed the bed this time; I slept like a baby.
- Excellent location. Perfect for a visit to Kennett.
- Since the morning crowd was smaller than the last time I stayed, the breakfast experience was much better.

The lows:

- They served scrambled eggs at breakfast, but they were the powdered type - yuck!
- The indoor pool is astonishingly small, and the towels ran out several hours before closing.

I'm still happy with the Fairfield, and thanks to this experience, it's even higher on my "I'll stay there again" list.

Room Tip: Breakfast ends promptly at 9:30 AM, even on the weekends. If you want any of the included amenities...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us AGAIN! I am pleased to learn of your experience with our staff, breakfast and location of the property and will be sure to share with our team. I also appreciate your comments regarding the scrambled eggs and dissatisfaction with the pool size. I am sorry you were displeased with the eggs served at breakfast. We will look further into other options for our scrambled eggs in the breakfast to help improve the quality and also within our brand standards. Regarding the pool size, I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy the use of the facility during your stay with us. You can be sure I will follow up to ensure that towels are always readily available to all guests no matter what time of day! We hope to see you again for your third visit in the near future!
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just planned to stay in the Fairfield Inn at Kennett Square for one night and then decided to extend our stay for another night then almost stayed another night but decided to head back home instead. Through all of this chaos the staff at the Fairfield was calm and accommodating and went with the flow with a smile on their faces. this applied to the night clerk and the morning clerk. No one got frustrated with us and let me tell you that is refreshing. The room was nice, clean and nearly new. We enjoyed our stay and will return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments! During all the chaos you were experiencing, I am pleased to learn that our team was able to exceed your expectations with the service we consistently provide. When things are less chaotic for you, we hope to see you again in the near future for some needed relaxation!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was given a room which had a horrible musty smell. Called the front desk and was out on hold twice for over 5 minutes. Asked for maintenance to come up and clean the air conditioning unit because that's where the smell originated. The general manager invited herself along. She proceeded to tell me that there was no smell in the room (!) and that she had extensive training in mold and water damage. I asked her to leave but she just kept talking and lecturing me. She even called my room after I asked her to stop communicating with me. I've never seen anything like it.

I would never go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jaustin01
We continue to regret your disappointment with the condition of your guest room and with our efforts to resolve this matter. We trust the remainder of your stay was pleasant. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Kennett Square for 2 nights in mid-Sept. I chose the Fairfield in for its close proximity to Longwood Gardens. The entrance to the Fairfield Inn can be a bit hard to find, call for directions our GPS did not work. Once found it’s easy to navigate around the area and yes, it was just a few minutes away from Longwood Gardens.

We found the staff to be wonderful; everyone had a “hello” and a smile for each guest. I asked for a recommendation for ice cream and the gal at the front desk seemed excited to give me details of where to go and a map. The lobby area and the room itself were spotless. It was one of the cleanest hotels I’ve ever stayed in.

We had a studio king room, I found the room layout a bit strange. There is a sitting area and a bedroom area, both with flat screen TVs and both very small and a bit confining. There was almost no separation between the two areas. There was a sofa bed in the sitting area, but without any real separation there’s no privacy for either area.

The bathroom was large and very comfortable. Our room faced the highway and it was a bit nosy but not so much that we couldn’t sleep with the window open. The management is aware of the noise problem and left ear plugs in the room. If this is a problem for you I would call the hotel the day before you check in and request a room facing the parking lot.

Breakfast was very crowded as expected on a Sunday morning, a nice basic selection including waffles. All in all a very nice hotel that's well located.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot to avoid the noisy highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I trust that you enjoyed your trip to Longwood Gardens and I am pleased to learn that our Guest Service Representatives were able to navigate you to our location. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff- you can be sure we will share them with the team. I am sorry that you were not pleased with the layout of your guest room. For your next visit to Longwood Gardens, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly Guest Service Representatives to explore some other room options that may work better to fit your needs! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley is a great choice while visiting Longwood Gardens and surrounding attractions. We arrived early but our first room was ready and the front desk staff greeted us warmly and provided us with printed restaurant suggestions and directions. As a Gold Elite member my room was upgraded to a suite. Despite having a room close to the highway, the hotel provided me with a white noise machine and I was pleasantly surprised I had no problem sleeping. Typically I am a light sleeper so this added touch was appreciated!

Hotel is only 4 years old and still appears to new! Complimentary breakfast in the a.m. was busy but had adequate selection for a quick bite. Overall, solid choice. Clean, inviting and easy to find.

I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for white noise machine if you are facing highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and strong recommendation to fellow TripAdvisor visitors. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!