“Standard Accommodations”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here two nights and it was fine. Very standard middle market accommodations -- everything you would expect.

It's located about a mile outside of "town" but on main roads so easy to come and go.

Breakfasts were free and good.

Room Tip: The location is not scenic at all. I'd avoid the side that faces the Hwy because it can be load...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I appreciate your comments regarding your experience at our property in May. We look forward to your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a very good hotel for those exploring the Brandywine Valley who want the facilities and convenience of a larger hotel chain rather than a B&B. The hotel is about 3 miles from Longwood Gardens. Book in advance to secure a good value non-refundable rate.

I arrived around noon for my 3 night stay and was able to check-in early. Being quite sensitive to noise, I requested a room on a high floor facing the car park, upon reservation and again at check-in. My request was honoured and I was allocated a room on the 4th floor (the highest) close to the lifts. There is a long hallway inside the room which means you do not get any noise from the lifts. The room is large and the décor fresh and modern (green, black and white colour scheme as per the website).

I was very happy with the facilities in the hotel. Whilst not extensive, they are adequate. There is a small gym (2 treadmills, 1 cross-trainer, 1 recumbent bike, weights) and small pool. There is a laundry on-site and you can use the washing machine for $1 and the dryer for $1. Standard WiFi is complimentary as is breakfast. In contrast with some of the previous reviews, I found the breakfast selection to be good and in keeping with the star rating of the hotel. There were 2 hot options (scrambled eggs plus one other), a selection of cereals, oatmeal, waffles, breads (including bagels and English muffins), yoghurts, fresh fruit salad, pieces of fruits and 2 fruit juices. Complimentary coffee and tea is available in the hotel lobby 24 hours a day.

The hotel staff were very helpful, friendly, courteous and professional. They know the hotel well and the nearby facilities. The server at breakfast is particularly smiley and helpful, clearing the tables quickly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SingaporeMickey

I truly appreciate the time you spent on describing your entire stay with us! Your tale of your visit to our property made me want to spend an overnight! Your description is a true account of everything one gets to experience in the Brandywine Valley!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next trip to Kennett Square!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The facility was very clean & maintained well. The front desk staff was very helpful & courteous. The girl that was serving in the dining area for breakfast was also very polite and friendly toward my wife and I. If I had one complaint , it was the eggs that were served appeared to be of the "powdered" style which otherwise tainted the breakfast quality. In spite of that, it was a very pleasant stay and my kudos to the staff and the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am pleased that you were happy with our accommodations and staff service!
I apologize that you were not satisfied with our eggs served during our complimentary breakfast. You will be pleased to learn that we do not use powdered eggs and indeed they do arrive pre-made and are microwavable.
We appreciate your comments and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ideally located so family members could spend Easter together as well as celebrate a 90th birthday.
Front desk staff extremely friendly and engaging. Housekeeping staff did a great job in keeping our room clean and crisp.
Enjoyed visiting a local winery in West Grove.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I am so pleased that you were satisfied with our facility, particularly the cleanliness and staff interaction. We appreciate you sharing your comments and look forward to your next visit to the winery in West Grove!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was pouring rain when we arrived but Abbey's welcoming smile brightened the day. We were visiting the sights of Wilmington, Delaware, and chose this Fairfield based on location, price, and our previous good experiences with Fairfield Inns. The hotel was spotless and looked newly renovated. We were asked if we wanted a room on the highway side or the parking lot side, we chose parking lot. Our room was well set up and quiet. Breakfast was just what I expected, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, waffles, and hard boiled and scrambled eggs - the usual free breakfast fare. Most people should be able to find something they like. Coffee and tea are offered all day in the lobby and there is a small coffee brewer in the room. All the staff we're welcoming and friendly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zogrand

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property, in particular your interaction with our team. I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and we surely look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very nice hotel located close to Longwood Gardens. Very clean room and bathroom. There is some traffic noise, but it is located back a bit from the road, so its not a big issue. Friendly staff. Breakfast is very average, a bit disappointed in that, but for the price of the hotel, who can complain? My wife thinks they should have Keurig coffee machines in the rooms. Would be a nice upgrade, but they offer coffee all day in the lobby and do have a small brewer in the room. Overall a real good value.

2  Thank TheRoni
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us most recently. I am pleased you were happy with our close proximity to Longwood Gardens and our staff service. I am sorry that you had an average experience with our complimentary breakfast. If you have any further suggestions or feedback so that we can ensure you have a better experience for your next trip to Kennett Square, I encourage you to share them with me. We are always looking for ways to improve to ensure you have the best possible stay with us. You can contact me directly to discuss at the property. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you during your stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed a night here, because it's only 1 mile from Longwood Gardens. It was a very nice clean place to stay. Abbey from the front desk made us feel very welcoming. One downside was, room 412 has a VERY LOUD!! air conditioner/heater unit. It kept me up all night, every 10-15 minutes the humming sound would come on, sound like a truck coming through. We would give this place one more try in June, but not room 412 ever!.

Room Tip: Room 412 has a VERY loud! air/heat unit.
2  Thank Jw234

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and the condition of our facilities. I am so sorry that you had an awful experience with the PTAC in your guestroom. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you during your stay with us. If you do experience anything not satisfactory while staying with us, please do not hesitate to let one of our friendly Guest Service Representatives know so that we have the opportunity to rectify the situation for you immediately.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your interaction with Abbey our Guest Service Representative. Abbey most recently was the recipient of our “Employee of the Quarter” award at the property level. I’m sure you can see why she was chosen! Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again in June. Please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your visit to the property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!