Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent three nights here at the beginning of August, 2014. The Fairfield is outstanding in just about every respect, but the stand-out feature is the staff. This is more than just a few personally motivated individuals; it is hotel-wide. The front desk staff greeted me every time I passed by and asked how things were going. Breakfast staff greeted me and asked what they could do for me. Even the housekeeping staff made eye-contact and said hello. When I checked out, the last question I was asked was, "What do we need to do better next time?". Wow.

We had three adults in one room, which was a small suite with a queen bed and fold-out sofa in the small "living" area. The fold-out was no more comfortable than others, but was decent enough for me. Bedding for it, including pillows, was sealed in zippered plastic bags in the closet. The room was clean and smelled good. The bath was very clean, modern and spacious. There were two flat-panel TV's in the suite.

Breakfast was varied and good for the most part, but was mostly the same each day. Scrambled eggs and sausage patties were the main hot foods. Boiled eggs (cold) were also available. There are a couple of waffle machines and a hot pot of oatmeal with fixings. Also a good variety of pastries. The fresh fruit I ate each morning needed to be cut with more care to avoid rinds. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby 24/7, but I was not impressed with the taste of the coffee.

The only complaint I had was the location of the room, which was on the back side fairly close to a busy road, which was audible. Earplugs were provided on the nightstand, but the next time I stay I will ask for a room on the front side of the building which is farther away from a road on the front side that has less and slower traffic.

The Fairfield is a great place to stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Saxonole
Greg W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and the service you received. I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for the wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very comfortable beds! I stayed one night. My room was facing the highway. I barely heard the cars on Rte 1. Hotel was very clean and room was stocked very well. Hotel is close to Longwood gardens and downtown Kennett Square. Plenty of parking at the hotel. There is also a nice variety of food at the breakfast buffet. If KS is your destination, this hotel is a must. I was happy with the service provided and my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments regarding how comfortable you were during your stay! I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We traveled to the area for a wine tasting weekend. The hotel was convenient with clean rooms. What really made it great was the friendly, helpful, and professional staff. From the moment we arrived every staff member we encountered greeted us with a smile. We asked for a wine trail map and the gentlemen at the front desk couldn't find it readily. He said he would bring it to our room which he did in about 5 minutes. A very pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrssdon
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for the wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future. Have a great week!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights while we visited Longwood Gardens. the Wyeth museum and house, and Winterthur. The hotel was in a nice area and central to what we wanted to see, restaurants, and shopping. The highway side of the hotel has traffic noise but the front side of the hotel is quiet. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast adequate.

Room Tip: Book a room on the front side of the hotel not the highway side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our property. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I greatly enjoy you sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Kennett Square-Brandywine Valley area.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We went to Kennett square PA for a family celebration. After 6 hr exhausting drive from NY we arrived at the Fairfield Inn. The receptionist was friendly helpful and checked us in right away. Our room 216 was clean, comfortable. The bed was comfortable, felt heavenly after a long drive. The next day we had breakfast. The choices were many from fruit salads, bagel, make your own Waffles, etc. Checking out was easy, I will go there again and also will recommends to our friends. The rate was also reasonable for this time of the year. We were very close to Long Wood Garden.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to route one, the room facing the parking lot is very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nangavaram R

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. I have shared your comments with the entire team.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am a frequent business traveler. This is perhaps the noisiest Fairfield INN I've ever stayed in. Beginning about 5am there begins an endless stream of trucks roaring past on the highway immediately behind the hotel. Do not let them put you in a room in the "back" even if they call it an "upgrade." Ran the A/C fan all night, stuffed towels against the window, finally turned the TV on- not much help vs. Indy 500 outside.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John N

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

I deeply regret that you were disturbed from the traffic noise in the early hours of the morning. We have updated your next reservation to have you on other side of the building when you return.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights in separate rooms (July 2014). She was on the highway side Room 231) and I was on the parking lot side (room 242). They did place earplugs next to her bed but she said the road noise without them wasn't bad at all. The bed was incredibly comfortable with pillows I would have liked to take home! The room was very clean and pretty but I missed having a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast both days was great and the food manager was so friendly and attentive. There were waffles, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage (one day) and turkey ham(one day) with bowls of cut-up fruit, dry cereals, yogurts, fabulous whole wheat bread, muffins, bagels, and even hard boiled eggs. The desk staff were all very accommodating and friendly, giving us advice about where to eat and directions. (Don't miss Plaza Azteca if you like Mexican food - best meal of our trip!) I would definitely recommend this place which is very close to Longwood Gardens.

Room Tip: Room 242 at the end of a hallway was extremely quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. I have shared your comments with the entire team!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!