I spent three nights here at the beginning of August, 2014. The Fairfield is outstanding in just about every respect, but the stand-out feature is the staff. This is more than just a few personally motivated individuals; it is hotel-wide. The front desk staff greeted me every time I passed by and asked how things were going. Breakfast staff greeted me and asked what they could do for me. Even the housekeeping staff made eye-contact and said hello. When I checked out, the last question I was asked was, "What do we need to do better next time?". Wow.
We had three adults in one room, which was a small suite with a queen bed and fold-out sofa in the small "living" area. The fold-out was no more comfortable than others, but was decent enough for me. Bedding for it, including pillows, was sealed in zippered plastic bags in the closet. The room was clean and smelled good. The bath was very clean, modern and spacious. There were two flat-panel TV's in the suite.
Breakfast was varied and good for the most part, but was mostly the same each day. Scrambled eggs and sausage patties were the main hot foods. Boiled eggs (cold) were also available. There are a couple of waffle machines and a hot pot of oatmeal with fixings. Also a good variety of pastries. The fresh fruit I ate each morning needed to be cut with more care to avoid rinds. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby 24/7, but I was not impressed with the taste of the coffee.
The only complaint I had was the location of the room, which was on the back side fairly close to a busy road, which was audible. Earplugs were provided on the nightstand, but the next time I stay I will ask for a room on the front side of the building which is farther away from a road on the front side that has less and slower traffic.
The Fairfield is a great place to stay. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in historic Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, experience small town friendliness during each stay! Enjoy a tour of Longwood Gardens in the Mushroom Capital of the World! Stroll downtown Kennett Square and visit our shops, galleries and dine in our local restaurants. Bring the family along and walk one of our famous trails including the historic Kennett Square walking tour or the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. Schedule your visit around the annual Kennett Square Mushroom Festival in September or the Microbrew Festival in October. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square is within reach. We offer what you want including clean, comfortable guest rooms and friendly service. Enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast featuring Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, indoor pool and FREE high speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Kennett Square
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Hotel Kennett Square