“Kenneth Square, PA”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Kenneth Square, PA”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The nature of this trip was to visit my daughter. She attends a nearby university. The hotel is located in a convenient area and the staff was very accommodating. The rooms are very clean and the beds were very comfortable , which made my experience more enjoyable since I slept well each night. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Guest-
Thank you for posting your experience while visiting your daughter! We are so pleased to learn that your stay went well and our staff took good care of you, and that your room and bed were enjoyable. We appreciate hearing from you and look forward to hosting you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I ck'd into my I room and there was a half I empty bottle ofn water in the n fridge and I my bathroom was dirty. I gon to b the n front desk and I ask to be a moved and a to NOT be in a handicap room, I am o laced back in a handicap room, on the v first floor, and I near the main rd. I asked I to be on the b too floor ( typically not an issue n for Diamond status members) and the GM was unwilling to do anything, but worse than that is she simply did NOT seem to give a damm. She is the GM and is NOT a unified to be a shift lead at the dog park!!
Also, the carpeting in the Elevator and halways were filthy. My breakfast order was wrong twice and I slimy did not have the time to wait to see if they could get it right on the third try!
I am certainly considering changing my brandn loyalty to something other than Hilton after this b experience.

STAY AWAY AND SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ELSEWHERE!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank flskier66
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.
Centre Hall, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was the second time staying at this hotel. It is a very nice hotel. If you are coming up to visit the New Bolton Center, then this hotel is a good place to stay because its not very far from the center. AND its easy to get there from the hotel. I had one issue with the heater unit being very loud. I wasn't in the room a lot during my stay except to sleep and I was able to control how loud the noise was by putting my suitcase on top of the unit. I did report the issue to the desk clerk when I checked out so I hope they fixed it. All in all this is a nice hotel and I do recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Guest-
We appreciate you sharing your feedback on your experience while our guest. We apologize for the noise issue and assure you that we take problem resolution very seriously, and ask that any problems get reported immediately to our Front Desk. That way we have the opportunity to resolve the issue and improve the remainder of your stay. Thank you again for being our guest!
East Hartford, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Consistently a good experience here. The location is close to where I need to be on a regular basis and everything is clean and sanitary. I would and have recommended the location to my friends and family. Parking is convenient and the staff is friendly. Atmosphere is quiet in general.

Dear Guest-
Thank you for sharing your experience while visiting our hotel. We are so pleased to learn that our location and condition of our hotel has made for some positive hotel stays. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Where to begin. Our stay started off ok small hiccups at check in. For our inconvenience for that we were given a goody bag of snacks and an aplogy. Front Desk employees were very welcoming... Especially Tina. Then we get to our room. The room looked dingy. It was late and dark we all get ready for bed. and once in bed to find the adjustable beds do not adjust to soft.... Hard as rocks very uncomfortable. Next morning we see the bathroom had hair all over the tissue holder the tub looked dirty, rusted and the wallpaper and ceiling was peeling and cracked. At first glance the bedding all white looks very clean. Well look up close!!! We opned the curtain and on the bed next to the window ....We had candy, looked like a red Jolly Rancher stuck to our bed spread. Mind you we did not have candy...UGH...I called the front desk and they deeply were sorry it was missed. Missed!!!!! How is it missed if you are changing the bedding after each guest. By that I realized we slept that night on bedding that was previously used by a stranger... The Breakfast....not good at all.. upset stomachs all around... Eggs were all under cooked... Sausage hard and dry...potatoes freezer burnt.....Fruit was great. We used the pool and hot tub during our stay... pool was nice. hot tub was seemingly nice. Turn on the jets and the bubbles start. When they stop there is a film of dirt that stays on you and you have to peel it off from the bubbles like dirty ocean surf..... This was the worst weekend we have ever had!!!!!I will never stay again. Way to much money for the quality given!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont Stay here!!!!!
5 Thank Kelly F
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest~
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future, and feel free to contact me at the hotel for further discussion and resolution.
Dillsburg, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The lobby is beautiful. The room was very clean. The free coffee/tea in the lobby has generous size cups. The afternoon cookie was excellent. However, no muffin or roll or anything was provided at breakfast. You had to pay $9.99 for breakfast or just grab a hot drink. For $100+ a night, I would have liked a croissant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Guest-
We appreciate your feedback on your visit here. Garden Inns offer a full buffet and do sell their breakfasts where we also feature "made to order" items. We do offer complimentary Granola Bars baked here daily and we hope you will try one on your next visit - they are delicious! Thank you again for sharing your experience!
Stowe, Vermont
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nice comfortable lobby, Good service. Amazing dinner from their small kitchen and reasonably priced. No need to go out to eat. Basically everything was up to expectation. I was there four years ago and everything was just as good.

Dear Guest-
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, and that you gave our new dinner restaurant a try. Our goal is to provide outstanding service to our guests and we look forward to hosting your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square? Share your experiences!