“Very nice italian restaurant in downtown Kennett Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Verona

La Verona
Reserve with OpenTable
La Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union St.
Description: Here at La Verona we are committed to make your meal memorable, with professional service in a welcoming, vibrant social atmosphere.Our attention to detail goes from selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, to the careful preparation of our dishes. Our servers are always looking forward to giving you an exceptional service.Our passion helps us to provide our customers with best food and best service.Our menu is within the scope of "Cucina Classica", the menu will strive to highlight the north region of ITALY and seasonal variations for which Italian cuisine is celebrated. Here at la Verona we make it the way you liked .Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable.
Kennett Square PA
“Very nice italian restaurant in downtown Kennett Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The menu is good, the food as well. Also, the service is very professional. There is a lot of competition in Kennett Square, so the restaurant never seems too busy. But it is one of the restaurants I like best in town.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Travelom

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“very unprofessional”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stopped into La Verona after brewfest and couldn't believe the place was as dead as it was considering it was Saturday and the brewfest just ended. Drinks were a bit expensive and the ambiance was a little drab. A couple employees were sitting at one of the tables in the bar, one of which looked like she was actually asleep! Quite unprofessional and not something a paying customer wants to see. Not sure if we would go back to try dinner, considering the lack of customers and sleeping wait staff. Doesn't seem like they actually want any new customers to interrupt their naps and cell phone games.

philly
“Looking for great Margherita pizza? It's not here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

After a great afternoon at Longwood Gardens my wife had a hankering for some margherita pizza..the kind with fresh tomato sauce, big round chunks of mozzarella, and lots of fresh basil. We stopped at a pizza place in Kennet Square that had just the thing, but we wanted a little more atmosphere and decided to take a little walk to see our options before committing to our dinner spot. Just a few doors down was an Italian restaurant! We went in and it had a pleasant dining area and a bar area with window seating. I grabbed a menu and yes! They had Margherita pizza so we decided to eat there at La Verona.
The server was friendly and very busy. We ordered drinks and an appetizer while trying to decide what else to have. The server recited the specials list for the day. One item that caught my interest was a Mahi Mahi with lobster sauce & risotto. I am a risotto fan so that settled it for me. My wife was having the pizza and asked if she could have sausage on it and the server said no problem. Everything was great to that point. Then the food arrived.
On my plate was a decent size piece of fish, covered in a lobster bisque colored sauce, along with a piped mound of potato and carrots and slightly withered snow peas. What is missing from this picture (besides any type of presentation)? That's right, no risotto. I called the server back over and asked 'isn't the special supposed to have risotto?' Her response was 'yes it is, let me get it for you'. Less than 10 minutes later she retuned with a bowl of risotto and apoligized. I transferred my now hardened potatoes to the bread plate, put the risotto next to the fish and enjoyed the rest of the meal.
My wife's pizza arrived looking like a regular takeout or frozen pizza. Shredded mozzarella over a regular pizza sauce with no basil to be seen. My wife asked the server 'isn't this supposed to have basil on it?' The server agreed and took the pizza back and retuned it with a few flakes of basil spread over the pizza. My wife asked if she could have some more fresh basil and the server retuned with an amount that would be appropriate for a pizza half that size. We decided to try to enjoy the rest of the meal and know that we could cross La Verona off the list of return visits.
Then I got the bill. The special....the Mahi Mahi with the pink sauce & late risotto.. turned out to be one of the most expensive items on the menu. During the specials recitation there were no prices mentioned, nor was there any mention of the price when I placed the order. If I had known the price I would have chosen something else.
The moral of the story is - stick with plan A. The greener grass you see up the street is NOT fresh basil.

1 Thank alzsailor
Fallston MD
“Lunch at La Verona”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Not too many restaurants are open in Kennett Square on Sundays. This one was. Delightful waitress! Service was fast and friendly. Wine was delicious. Food was average at best. Soup was served barely room temperature. Caesar salad lacked pizazz. Gnocchi very good; sauce very bland. Lunch salad very small. Good sausage/egg/cheese sandwich. Fireplace inviting.

2 Thank SingingMima
“Large portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We 1st ate here this summer when another Resturant was closed and decided to give it a try. Wow we're we surprised how good the food was and how large the portion where. I had the fish and my wife had the veal, both where outstanding. The owners are very friendly and always willing to help. Went back Dec 27 with my son's family they live in Boulder and they loved it. My grandson has food allergies (no diary) and they cooked him and my grand daughter special meals. He had one so she had to have something off the menue ( 2 and 4 yrs old). We go back as often as we can, it one of our favorite places in this area. No miss it you'll love it.

• Visited January 2014