“Best Restaurant Hospitality Ever”
Review of Byrsa Bistro

Byrsa Bistro
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rd 82 or Union Ave
Description: Reminiscent of a warm, intimate European bistro, Byrsa Bistro features authentic culinary delicacies of western Mediterranean nations like Morocco, Spain, France, Malta, Italy and Tunisia. We offer savory vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options along with a variety of menu selections for all palates and preferences. Specialties include: healthy and hearty appetizers like our Mediterranean Sampler, which is a menagerie of savory caponata, tasty stuffed grape leaves, velvety hummus and freshly baked pita; garden-fresh salads like our Sea Salt Beet Salad and Fresh Fig Salad; choice main courses such as Crispy Skin Duck Breast, fresh Branzino and moist Moroccan Chicken or Veggie Tagine; and divine home-made desserts like honeyed Baklava, decadent Chocolate Mousse and creamy Creme Brulee. We also offer imported Italian coffees and Moroccan Mint teas. BYOB. Byrsa Bistro offers an exclusive chef’s tasting table inspired by the best ingredients sourced both locally and abroad. Whether you’re looking for a fun night out with friends or a quiet date for two, Byrsa Bistro is a unique dining experience.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were made to feel as if we were the star guests at someone's home. The owner and the servers went out of their way to make us feel special. The food was very good. It is a little pricey, but since it is a BYOB, you save money by not having the addition of a bottle of wine. I think ever table in the place was reserved, so I would think that at least on Saturday nights, reservations are a must.

1  Thank annarc6

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We felt the place was a bit dark, but we were willing to overlook it (and glad we did!). Our waitress (Dana I believe) was very attentive and the support staff was excellent. We didn't feel intruded upon but also not forgotten.

Menu selections all sounded fantastic. Our appetizer was the sampler, which I thought was okay-good: the hummus tasted a bit, well, unimpressive (but not bad either) but the baba guanoush had an interesting "punky" zing that would tickle my tongue -- unexpected but good. I enjoyed the roasted pepper dip that was with the fantastic bread more. We had Branzino and Crispy Duck. Both were very flavorful. The risotto with the duck was incredibly delicious and the haricot verts were perfectly cooked. The Branzino (ordered as fillets instead of whole fish) was cooked perfectly. I felt the saffron couscous was delicious but tasted heavy; then again I was also already exposed to the risotto so my expectation may have been higher.

It is out of our way, but well worth the drive. We will visit this BYOB again!

1  Thank dreamWayne
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Warm atmosphere and good food.

Server was inviting, warm and made good recommendations.

Good food.

I noticed several interesting vegetarian options.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great and interesting atmosphere. Excellent service and delicious food. BYOB. Vege options. In the center of town and reservations accepted.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The owner, Ahmed, always makes us feel welcome on our biannual trip to Kennett Square.

We always have a Mediterranean sampler to start....A great combination of assorted appetizers to suit every palate.

The chef uses interesting variations on standards with great results. i.e; salad with fig & pine nuts, corn risotto, sauteed fennel. To me, the innovative use of fruits and vegetables is always a sign of a great chef. This is evident here. Do not forget dessert....

BYOB is always a plus.