“Excellence”
Review of Byrsa Bistro

Byrsa Bistro
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rd 82 or Union Ave
Description: Reminiscent of a warm, intimate European bistro, Byrsa Bistro features authentic culinary delicacies of western Mediterranean nations like Morocco, Spain, France, Malta, Italy and Tunisia. We offer savory vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options along with a variety of menu selections for all palates and preferences. Specialties include: healthy and hearty appetizers like our Mediterranean Sampler, which is a menagerie of savory caponata, tasty stuffed grape leaves, velvety hummus and freshly baked pita; garden-fresh salads like our Sea Salt Beet Salad and Fresh Fig Salad; choice main courses such as Crispy Skin Duck Breast, fresh Branzino and moist Moroccan Chicken or Veggie Tagine; and divine home-made desserts like honeyed Baklava, decadent Chocolate Mousse and creamy Creme Brulee. We also offer imported Italian coffees and Moroccan Mint teas. BYOB. Byrsa Bistro offers an exclusive chef’s tasting table inspired by the best ingredients sourced both locally and abroad. Whether you’re looking for a fun night out with friends or a quiet date for two, Byrsa Bistro is a unique dining experience.
wilmington, DE
“Excellence”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We recently went to Kennett Square to attend a comedy show. We arrived early to grab a bite to eat. My wife and I have been to several restaurants in Kennett and were prepared to "do the same old thing" again.
Kennet's Main Street is small and we decided to stroll the 3 blocks to see if there was anything that caught our eye. We passed by Byrsa Bistro and looked at their menu. It seemed inviting enough and decided to try our luck. Well we hit the lottery!
We were greeted by a very pleasant young lady who seated us in a beautiful booth with a hand made oak slab table. The only complaint here was that the benches of the booth were a little to far from the table. Some pillows might have been useful to support our back as we enjoyed our meal. The restaurant is BYOB and we were asked if we had any wine to have with dinner. We did not and were even politely told where a wine store was in the area if we were interested. We were happy to settle for a bottle of sparkling water.
We were presented with 4 slices of very tasty bread along with a nicely prepared dip of egg plant, peppers, and other Mediterranean delicacies while we looked at the menu.
I ordered the Octopus salad which was excellent and my wife ordered the spicy carrot which was equally as good.
Next came the entree. I ordered the duck breast. Some of the best presented and prepared I have ever had! My wife got the special filleted Bronzino. Again, really we'll presented on a bed of couscous and scrumptious!
We ended or meal with their chocolate mousse. Certainly passable for such a small establishment.
We had a wonderful time and a great meal. I would highly recommend going and seeking out this little gem.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank shelbysupersnake

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Delightful service, extraordinary food-a winner for lunch and dinner!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been to Byrsa Bistro several times for both lunch and dinner during the past 18 months and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is calming and, if you want a lighter environment, I recommend asking to be seated by the windows where you can watch the world go by and also enjoy some natural lighting. I would definitely recommend the flatbread appetizer--the flavors meld beautifully. Eating it was like having a party in your mouth. Prices are very fair and the service is consistently attentive and friendly.

Kennett Square PA
“Local mediterranean restaurant pleasant with good food”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice for dinner. It is located in downtown Kennett Square, surrounded by a number of very good restaurants. This said, it stands up to the competition. The food is well prepared, and served in a pleasing manner. I had the duck one visit and scallops the other. Both were excellent. The service was excellent, with food coming promptly. When we were with friends, the wait staff did not rush us at all. When it was just two for dinner, the server brought food, menus etc., promptly as one would expect. All in all, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Philadelphia, New York
“Best Restaurant Hospitality Ever”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were made to feel as if we were the star guests at someone's home. The owner and the servers went out of their way to make us feel special. The food was very good. It is a little pricey, but since it is a BYOB, you save money by not having the addition of a bottle of wine. I think ever table in the place was reserved, so I would think that at least on Saturday nights, reservations are a must.

1 Thank annarc6
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic food! Atmosphere just okay.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We felt the place was a bit dark, but we were willing to overlook it (and glad we did!). Our waitress (Dana I believe) was very attentive and the support staff was excellent. We didn't feel intruded upon but also not forgotten.

Menu selections all sounded fantastic. Our appetizer was the sampler, which I thought was okay-good: the hummus tasted a bit, well, unimpressive (but not bad either) but the baba guanoush had an interesting "punky" zing that would tickle my tongue -- unexpected but good. I enjoyed the roasted pepper dip that was with the fantastic bread more. We had Branzino and Crispy Duck. Both were very flavorful. The risotto with the duck was incredibly delicious and the haricot verts were perfectly cooked. The Branzino (ordered as fillets instead of whole fish) was cooked perfectly. I felt the saffron couscous was delicious but tasted heavy; then again I was also already exposed to the risotto so my expectation may have been higher.

It is out of our way, but well worth the drive. We will visit this BYOB again!

1 Thank dreamWayne