“misled by high ratings”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayard Road
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Darn — we picked this restaurant because of high TripAdvisor reviews before going to Longwood Gardens. Some of it was good (pizza with mushrooms & ham). Some of it was only OK (veal parmesan; bruschetta — not toasted enough but yummy tomatoes; spinach salad with brie — sugared almonds were only barely). The service was also slower than expected, but maybe the veal parmesan was being cooked fresh?

Perhaps we just missed the amazing stuff. . . .

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were cold, tired and hungry after experiencing the light show at Longwood. I knew there had to me SOME sort of restaurant in the shopping center we were passing by, so we cruised through. It was a toss-up between A Bite of Italy and Two Stones (next door), but we decided that we weren't up for a pub/bar.

We weren't sure whether to seat ourselves or not, but then someone approached and said "I'm going to clean your booth right now." And he proceeded to do so. To our amusement, while he was cleaning, two more people came to make sure we had been taken care of. It was nice. Plus, it gave us a chance to admire the hand-blown glass decorations, which were lovely.

The Bruschetta was wonderful! Full of garlic and tender tomatoes and the bread was toasted perfectly. Our server was attentive and our food arrived promptly. The shrimp scampi was excellent, and it's pretty hard to goof up spaghetti and meatballs. The pasta was perfectly cooked, and my husband raved about the mushroom ravioli. I don't like mushrooms, but my taste of his dish was really good!

the owner stopped by to make sure everything was all right. Sometimes a manager/owner just makes a sort of "courtesy call" at a table and then flits on. Not here. She seemed genuinely interested in our visit.

There was enough scampi and spaghetti to take home, and so we happily left, much warmer, calmer, and sated to go home. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Were there with family las Saturday, had to wait a little for a table, but nothing major, it is always nice to see them packed.
As always food and service was great.
We started with our favorite pizza as a starter the " Margherita", crispy crust, perfect sauec and bubbly mozzarella.
We each had different entree and all of us left extremely satisfied!!
Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We ended up here because we didn't want to wait 40 minutes for a table next door at Two Stones. I ordered a pasta and seafood dish, my wife had a chicken dish. The wait for food was long, and after it was served we didn't see our waiter for at least 30 minutes. I like grated cheese on my pasta dishes, but never had a chance to get any. The waiter must have had the majority of his tables on the opposite side of the restaurant because we never saw him. This place is a poor imitation of Fellini Cafe. We won't be back.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The owner was friendly and very responsive to my food allergies... Made a custom plate for me that looked and tasted great.

Would definitely go back.