“great winery”

Galer Estate Vineyard and Winery
Reviewed 13 May 2014

great staff --they were no pushy & were very willing to serve us anything they had during our wine tasting.

All reviews
"tasting cost"
"lovely deck"
"pourer"

Reviewed 9 April 2014

great location with a beautifull view-tasting room very accomidating-staff well trained-the wine surprizingly of good quality-a place to visit!

1  Thank mayor3
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The winery is beautiful and I can not wait to go back in the nicer weather and enjoy the outside deck. The tasting room was nice and the staff was friendly. The tasting was a little pricey $10 for 4 tastes. They were good pours. The glass was an additional $10. The wine was very good but I was uncomfortable spending that much for a Pa wine. It is a good trip especially if you enjoy dry wines. Their ice wine was also incredible.

1  Thank Michele W
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've been here twice in the past few months and it is definitely a gem in the area. I had been to a few of the other wineries in the Brandywine Valley but had never heard of Galer Estate until I went here for my bachelorette party. It has such a beautiful surrounding and the wine was delicious. We went to three different wineries that day and this place was definitely our favorite. I came here a few weeks ago with my husband and he enjoyed it as well. We are both so surprised that such a beautiful place exists only a few miles away. We will definitely be back again.

1  Thank ts13sievers
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Overall...
Really nice place, nice atmosphere, friendly staff and General Manager, live music and good wine.

The good...
Galer Estate, is a nice place to go hang out after spending the day at Longwood Gardens. It was really nice meeting the General Manager. Besides being generally knowledgable she's really friendly and helpful. When she found out we were looking for a place to eat she recommended a place, called and made sure we got a seat at the restaurant. It's nice to meet people like this these days! She's pretty much guaranteed our return visit when we are in the area.

I don't know a lot about wine, I'm beer drinker, but I thought the Red Huntress was good. My girlfriend enjoys a good wine and knows significantly more than me, thought the Red Huntress was great.

The not so good...
The live music is only booked from 5 to 7.

1  Thank Sharkbait19403