“Extraordinary”

and up
Brandywine Valley Tour with Private Driver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In 1906, industrialist Pierre du Pont (1870-1954) purchased a small farm near Kennett Square, PA, to save a collection of historic trees from being sold for lumber. Today, Longwood Gardens is one of the world’s great horticultural displays, encompassing 1,077 acres of dazzling gardens, woodlands, meadows, fountains, 10,010-pipe Aeolian organ and 4.5-acre conservatory. Longwood continues the mission set forth by Mr. du Pont to inspire people through excellence in garden design, horticulture, education and the performing arts, through programming that includes exhibitions, musical performances by leading artists, renowned horticulture education programs, horticulture research, environmental stewardship and community engagement.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was here on a school trip with my kids, and I could not have been more impressed. The use of color, the attention to detail, the variety of gardens, the amount of work that goes into this place every day, all took my breath away. We so appreciated the opportunity to take advantage of a National treasure.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,601)
All reviews
in 54 reviews
"tree house"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Beautiful Gardens that change every season.
Dancing fountains, lighting, wonderful day! Have been planning this trip for years and we were so glad to have seen it. Will definitely return to Longwood.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went on Mother's Day, so it was a bit crowded but not so much that is was not enjoyable. The gardens were simply amazing. Everything was in bloom. The indoor conservatory took my breath away. Do not miss this garden if you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have read many great reviews of Longwood and decided this was the year we would make a special stop on our way to connecticut. I had my 91yr old grandmother, 10yr old twins, & 3 year old toddler with me. It's hard to say which one of us enjoyed it the most. First, longwood is super handicap accessible. They even rent motorized scooters. My grandmother is very mobile and active but that motorized scooter saved the day! She would have never been able to spend the hours that she did buzzing around the 100's of acres. The kids loved the tree houses, children's garden and children's portion of the Conservatory. The admission price is an absolute bonus! Compared to other similar attractions it is an unbelievable bargain. We stayed for about 5 hours and probably could have stayed another hour or two.