“Perfect Valentines Day”
Review of The Stone Barn

The Stone Barn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stone Barn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2011

It's in the middle of nowhere - but they have awesome food, great service, and very accomodating with anything you might need or request! They have live music occasionally which is great for the romance factor, and they serve small bites between courses which makes you feel special and also highlight how talented their chef is! Thanks!

1  Thank milanPa

Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband, daughter, and I enjoyed a wonderful Sunday buffet here! Before you get to the restaurant, you are surrounded by horse stables and people out riding their horses. The restaurant is set in a beautiful stone barn with a warm fireplace and a great singer/guitarist. We enjoyed the made-to-order egg entrees, ham, roast beef, chicken, and a whole assortment of delicious desserts. They had also a huge selection of fresh fruits (cantelope, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, etc) and warm mulled cider! The wait staff was very helpful and quickly took away used plates.

1  Thank Debora T
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My friend and I went to Foxfire at the Stone Barn on a lovely fall evening after a day at Longwood Gardens. We walked in to a huge fire that was crackling in the main dining area with little white lights on the mantle. The meal was simply delicious from start to end - lots of fresh herbs from their garden. Our meal started with a crab flan amuse bouche, we then shared fried green tomatoes with mozzerella and balsamic, my entree was saffron lobster risotto and for dessert I had a Bartlett pear and fig tart. My friend ordered the mushroom soup and we both were delighted to see that it was served in a hollowed out squash half. Although this was our favorite, there was lots of creativity demonstrated with the food presentation throughout the meal. The Stone Barn is byob which I especially like because I feel that you are then just paying for the food. We also enjoyed the popovers and fresh raspberry butter as well as the grape juice and lavender sorbet that we were served as an intermezzo. We were stuffed after all of our courses - but not uncomfortably so as we had skipped lunch. This was a very memorable meal in a beautifully rustic setting. I plan to bring the husband back for brunch in the near future. This restaurant does not offer specials, rather the chef changes the menu daily based on what is at hand and what vegetables are in harvest.

2  Thank michagogo
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I got an email that The Stone Barn was opening for dinner Thurs-Saturday evenings. Years ago I had been there for Sunday Brunch which was all they were open to other than private weddings.

Went there on Friday night with my husband. We were served raspberry butter with fresh made popover rolls. The flavor of the raspberry butter was fabulous. My husband had a root salad and said it was delicious. I had scallops over a corn/grit puree. Great as was my husbands steak and mashed potatos. I can't wait to go back.

Highly recommend you try this place.

2  Thank JessDougBrown