“Surprisingly Very Good”
Review of Giordanos Pizza

Giordanos Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Surprisingly Very Good”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Friends and I chose this place more because it was about half way between our house and our friends house. I've been here before, but only for pizza and sandwiches. This time we were having dinner, and although we really like the pizza, I'm not a big fan of pizza for dinner.

We arrived early and were shown to our table. My wife walks with a cane so the waitress asked if we preferred to be seated at street level, which we did. It is always surprising to me how many people will direct a woman with a cane to an upper or lower level without considering the issues.

But enough about that stuff... I want to talk about the food. I ordered the Pasta with Mushrooms Aglia Olio. Heavenly!! The portion size was enough for two, and the mushrooms were incredibly delicious. The pasta was al dente and there was just enough garlic to get your attention, but not so much that it overpowered. It completely surpassed my expectations, and I won't think of this place as a pizzeria any more.

The service was as I like it... efficient, pleasant, and available when needed. We lingered after dinner for some time because we don't get to see our friends often, and the waitress was happy to let us do so (our tip recognized her congenial nature and that we tied up her table).

If you haven't been there, go. Pizza and sandwiches are great. The dinner was even better.

• Visited August 2014

Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Due for an upgrade”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have been eating here for years. The menu is quite large, I would suggest sticking to the pizza and pasta. Their margarita pizza is my favorite, but my husband loves almost everything. The decor is a bit dated and could use updating. Also, the menu should be smaller, It's quite hard to cook everything well. The large menu caters to a broad crowd, but I suggest they stay true to what they do best: Italian!

• Visited May 2014
“Great place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped for a quick bite. The bartender was great! She made us feel so welcome!!! We had pizza and it was great! It's just a nice place to stop!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Below average quality pizza”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Pizza crust was chewy with too much cheese and very little sauce. Additionally, one to two inches of the pizza edges did not contain sauce nor cheese and were puffy+slightly burnt.

Disappointing to the entire family and we won't be coming back. Also, the upstairs split-level seating is dark and dingy, not conducive to a family/friendly atmosphere.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We went for lunch and the servings are huge. The food is delicious especially the mushroom soup. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant itself was very clean.

• Visited January 2014