“Go for the wild game”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stop here for the wild game whenever we are in town. Last night they had Llama and camel on the menu. We enjoyed both of them. Our waitress was very nice and brought us extra plates since we wanted to share our dinners.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very nice lunch. Right on Main Street but weekday parking was only a few doors down. Ask to be seated upstairs, very nice and airy with a screened in porch away from the street and noise! Food arrived quick and was very tasty. Lots of locals having lunch there spoke volumes. Good food, good service, will stop in again!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went with some friends recently. We had been there when they first opened and found it smoky and noisy, so that tells you it had been awhile and we were anxious to try it again. They are known for their burgers so I ordered a bison burger. A beef burger was also ordered at the table. Both came very, very salty, which always makes me wonder if they are trying to cover up some other taste. When we mentioned it to the server, he was not really concerned nor interested. Another diner at our table wanted a bison burger but cooked medium well-the server's response was, "bison doesn't have a lot of fat so cooking it medium well will dry it out-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!" She got the short ribs. The special burger of the night was Kangaroo-that made me pause and think a bit.

After dinner, we went upstairs to have a nightcap at the bar and to check out the rooftop. The dirty look we got from the bartender made me think we were interrupting a private party but when I asked she just said she was "closed". It was 8:50 on a Friday night, there were about 15 other people up there so I guess she didn't want any more tips.

The restaurant is still very noisy. They do have a very large selection of beer-have no idea where they keep it all.

1  Thank Mjohn27883
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. Over the past year the menu has added more game items with very few other options. The past couple visits have been disappointing. Not only in the menu choices, but also in the food.

1  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My favorite beer on tap is Hoegaarden and this is one of the few places that has it. But only downstairs. Upstairs does not serve it

1  Thank Charles L