“Depends on the day” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Giovanni's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have been in business for 30 years with our new location right here in Kennett Square, Pa (formerly Enzos). Try our gourmet brick oven pizzas by the slice or whole pie, Italian dishes, salads, sides, hoagies, wings, and much more! BYOB! Dine in or take out! We deliver! We also cater!
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Depends on the day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The pizza usually sucks but it depends on the chef that day. French fries and pasta are alright but average pretty much describes this place.

Visited January 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food - fair atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

We love the food here. But the restaurant itself feels cold and uninviting. Take your food to go or get delivery. Keep in mind the portions are huge and can be split between 2-3 people. Love the chopped antipasto salad!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Italian food -- ENORMOUS portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We ordered food for delivery from Vincenzo's (they deliver to local hotels). The food was good -- some of our party had the pizza, which was good -- and I had the chicken marsala which was delicious. However, the portions are unbelievably ENORMOUS. The chicken marsala was easily enough for two adults and it came with garlic bread and a side of pasta -- honestly,we probably could have fed a family of four on that entree plus a salad. We ended up wasting a lot of food, which was too bad. So definitely split entrees or ask for a half or something!

Visited December 2011
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Three meals for the price on one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Enzo's is a small Italian restaurant in the borough of Kennett Square. There isn't much ambiance, but they more than make up for it in friendliness, quality of food, and quantity of food.
The night we went, we arrived at 9:15 and found they were supposed to close at 9:30. Not only did three employees stay late, they were very gracious and accommodating.
I wanted Spaghettie Bolognese, which was not on the menu. I asked whether it was possible, and was treated to the best I ever had. My daughter had Pimavera and said it was wonderful, by husband had the Chicken Sorrento which he said was fabulous, and my son-in-law had the Penne al la Vodka, which he also raved about. Each dish was accompanied by home made bread and a large house salad. We all took enough home for at least another meal or two.
While the food was wonderful, it was the staff that really made our experience.
Patrons can choose from either waitstaff service or counter service.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Better than the one in West Chester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Been eating at Enzo's in West Chester a while and recently just tried this one in Kennet Square.

Phoned in with an order for Chicken Sorrento, Lobster Ravioli and a Cheese Pizza. Got to the restaurant and my Chicken Sorrento had turned into a Chicken Francese (doesn't even sound the same).

This was because the cook actually asked about each of my items and then realized the young wait staff member who took my order had made a mistake.

I didn't mind waiting for him to cook the correct item and the two cooks were really really nice and friendly and chatted to me the entire time (it was well before the rush dinner hour and noone was there).

If I ever move to Kennet Square, this would become my local eatery.

Fantastic food as expected and great service as well

• Visited May 2011