“eat in was usually always ok, service a bit weak, ordering out was a one time only experience”
Review of Giovanni's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We have been in business for 30 years with our new location right here in Kennett Square, Pa (formerly Enzos). Try our gourmet brick oven pizzas by the slice or whole pie, Italian dishes, salads, sides, hoagies, wings, and much more! BYOB! Dine in or take out! We deliver! We also cater!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We have been there several times over the years and usually food was pretty good. Huge portions anyway.
Service was so so, lots of very young students earning some money there which is fine.

But, when I ordered Pizza some weeks ago for homde delivery the Pizza arrived cold, cold as in 55F. I called in and friendly (at first) informed the person that the Pizza arrived cold.
Instead being friendly and offering some kind of solution the guy barked at me. Telling me the driver had a keeping warm bag and thats all they can do.

I asked him if he is serious and that i am not used to get barked on, and if this is his solution for their shortcoming, he said "yes" and disconnected.

Well, guys, that was it for me. I will not walk in that place anymore and spend my money, nor will I order out. [--] happens, everywhere.Problems are there to be solved. Disconnecting a call isnt a good solution.

• Visited July 2012

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Depends on the day”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The pizza usually sucks but it depends on the chef that day. French fries and pasta are alright but average pretty much describes this place.

Visited January 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food - fair atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We love the food here. But the restaurant itself feels cold and uninviting. Take your food to go or get delivery. Keep in mind the portions are huge and can be split between 2-3 people. Love the chopped antipasto salad!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Italian food -- ENORMOUS portions”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We ordered food for delivery from Vincenzo's (they deliver to local hotels). The food was good -- some of our party had the pizza, which was good -- and I had the chicken marsala which was delicious. However, the portions are unbelievably ENORMOUS. The chicken marsala was easily enough for two adults and it came with garlic bread and a side of pasta -- honestly,we probably could have fed a family of four on that entree plus a salad. We ended up wasting a lot of food, which was too bad. So definitely split entrees or ask for a half or something!

Visited December 2011
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Three meals for the price on one!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Enzo's is a small Italian restaurant in the borough of Kennett Square. There isn't much ambiance, but they more than make up for it in friendliness, quality of food, and quantity of food.
The night we went, we arrived at 9:15 and found they were supposed to close at 9:30. Not only did three employees stay late, they were very gracious and accommodating.
I wanted Spaghettie Bolognese, which was not on the menu. I asked whether it was possible, and was treated to the best I ever had. My daughter had Pimavera and said it was wonderful, by husband had the Chicken Sorrento which he said was fabulous, and my son-in-law had the Penne al la Vodka, which he also raved about. Each dish was accompanied by home made bread and a large house salad. We all took enough home for at least another meal or two.
While the food was wonderful, it was the staff that really made our experience.
Patrons can choose from either waitstaff service or counter service.

• Visited December 2011