“Good Food - Huge Portions”
Review of Giovanni's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We have been in business for 30 years with our new location right here in Kennett Square, Pa (formerly Enzos). Try our gourmet brick oven pizzas by the slice or whole pie, Italian dishes, salads, sides, hoagies, wings, and much more! BYOB! Dine in or take out! We deliver! We also cater!
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My wife and I ate here on an early Friday evening. We were warmly greeted by the cooks and servers. My wife ordered the baked ziti and I ordered the large Italian Stromboli. It was just $1 more than her ziti, so I didn't think it was going to be all that big. After all, I can put away my share of the food. BUT THIS THING WAS HUGE!!! I could only eat half of it. It was loaded with lots of meat, cheese and peppers, so much so that the center of it was actually cool. But it was still very good. I would definitely go back. My wife"s ziti was also good. This place is not fine dining, and it's not authentic Italian, but if you are looking for good food at a reasonable price with large portions so you can have enough for another meal later at home, than this is a place you'll want to try out. Service is supplied by teenage girls who are very friendly but who have obviously never been properly trained as servers. But again, this is a nice little neighborhood joint that's trying to put out good food to their customers at a fair price.

3  Thank Joe I

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Food is average but always served hot. Been here numerous times, usually hardly anyone in the restaurant, except the college age servers; nice but seem inexperienced. Ordered shrimp basket and it came with no sauce - no tartar or cocktail. None in the restaurant.... Cheese fries are good

1  Thank 2crewmom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

A recent Sat. evening dinner at this BYOB provided lunch & dInner the next day. For a Sat. evening I was surprised to find only 2 other table occupied. Our server was extremely friendly. I wanted to order a veal dish but would only do so knowing it was "real" veal and not a patty. Our server assured me it was. I guess I should have taken that 1 step further and asked how many pieces it would come in! I expected 1 or 2 pieces served over the pasta when what I received was a copious amount of pasta with slivers of veal (over cooked and tough) mixed in with the pasta. Both my partners meal (pasta with red sauce and spinach) and mine were loaded with onion and garlic. We both ate very little deciding to try dessert (cannoli and cheesecake) which were very good. I took the remainder of my meal home and picked ot the veal "pieces", onions & garlic slices and had the pasta the next day. My partner decided there was just too much onion and garlic for him to deal with and threw his left overs out.

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We regularly go to Enzo's in West Chester so it only seemed natural to go to Enzo's in Kenett after a visit to Longwood Gardens. We got a big both in the back and it wasn't crowded but our table of 7 got pretty poor attention. Food was a combo of pizza, steaks and meals and they were all delivered q at a time across 15 minutes! The pizza and steaks were ok but the meals were not up to Enzo WC standards. What can I say...I've seen the other reviews and I will stick with the WC location and avoid this one for sure!

1  Thank Bowlerx_424
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Delivery gets things wrong often, People who answer their phone don't even seem to know their menu. Pasta dishes aren't as good as the Enzo's on 202.