“Good experience”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Good experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We went to Valley Forge Casino in late July and had good experience. The hotel was clean, quiet and apparently well maintained. Self parking and valet parking are available and both are free. Its a bit unusual, but check-in is on the mezzanine level. There are a few fast food restaurants on the main floor with the casino (small as compared to Atlantic City) and two upscale restaurants on the mezzanine level. The Italian restaurant was excellent. You need three key cards- one for your room, one to enter the casino and one for rewards play at the slot machines. King of Prussia mall is a five minute drive away. Will return in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thanks for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will return. We hope to see you often in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
New Mexico
Reviewed 30 July 2013

First of all loved the Pacific Prime Steakhouse. 3 of us ate there and all had marvelous food. If nothing else-go just to eat there. King bed room was super large. Standard 2 queen room was standard. Check in was a little bit cumbersome. Go to one floor to check in for the hotel, then another floor to check in for the casino. Elevators were very slow. Nice to be so near to Valley Forge for a tourism destination. Explanation of how to use the casino cards were not well given. We had difficulty figuring what machines we could use with the card. No one in the casino could help us. We were told to go back out of the casino to get assistance. Really?!?

Room Tip: We actually received a great room discount by using a coupon. It was worth it for us as we received...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience during your stay. We do have a little different situation in the casino due to our license and the entry fee required, but there should have been no reason for you to have to leave the casino floor to get information on how to use your card. There are always qualified personnel available and they should have been brought to you. I apologize that that did not happen.
We are very proud of Pacific Prime and the quality of food and service and very happy that you enjoyed your experience there.
The resort is in a great location and convenient to many attractions and great shopping and we have many people stay here and use it as a base of operations. Thanks again for your comments. Come back and see us again.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ok, the hotel is everything you've read. Know that coming here and don't expect more. However, the staff here is amongst the friendliest people we have ever met. Truly a customer service oriented group! The Pacific Prime Steakhouse is one of the best restaurants we have ever dined in. I highly recommend the Porterhouse!! The casino is clean as could be with the nicest staff. Frank the bartender is hilarious and Matt, i think he's a casino manager, bent over backwards to make sure we were having a great time. Mimi and Angele also were so nice and when I complained about the room they genuinely cared about making things right. I rode the mechanical bull at Deuces Wild and Ian who controlled the bull was awesome, the DJ was awesome! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2013
While it is concerning to hear your hotel comments it is great to hear that our staff was the redeeming factor in your stay. They work extremely hard to provide an exceptional guest experience and product. We are extremely proud of Pacific Prime and we feel that the casino is the most customer friendly in the area. Thank you for your comments.
PA
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Will not come back here again so disappointed for the service from casino floor to the. Check in counter such a bad experience no great customer service the room is dirty the hallway such a mess there carpet. Is dirty as well

3 Thank percygrate
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is very disappointing whenever I hear that we have disappointed a guest. I will discuss the basics of your comments with my staff based on the information given. I apologize for any issues you had and assure you we continue to work to improve our operation.
Fairview Park, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We didn't hate it. It was a typical hotel. It needs updated. I enjoyed the GINORMOUS shower with super hot water. It was nice to have a seating area and a bedroom. The casino was verrrry tight. We didn't do well at all. There didn't seem to be much celebrating going on anywhere down there.
I do have to say that all of the employees we met were super nice and helpful. The first room they put us in, the air was not working. The engineer went way out of his way to make sure we got another room and that the air was working.
Anyway, overall it was a good stay. We spent a day in philly doing typical tourist stuff, which i highly recommend. We toured valley forge and that was super cool too. Its an excellent location and for $99 a night you cant beat it.

2 Thank ncc369
We appreciate your comments and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you take advantage of the value we offer and return. I can assure you that we have winners in the casino and hope that you will be one next time.
BOYNTON BEACH
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We booked an over night stay using a Groupon deal and we had a great time. We had a king suite with a living room area, a spacious bedroom and a jacuzzi tub. All clean, modern and very comfortable. We were given a $50 casino credit and a $40 meal credit. The casino is small but more than adequate and seemed to give a reasonable payout compared to any other casino. For dinner we dined at Viviano's. On Sunday they offered a $25 per person dinner which was excellent and very generous....Apps, salad, entrees and dessert. We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating in every way. Thumbs up! We would definitely go back! It is also a good starting off point for a visit to Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gypsiewoman
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our Groupon deal, your dining experience and the staff. We will be doing additional Goupon deals in the near future and hope you will take advantage and return.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2013

the owners of this place should be embarrassed to lure NYers here when they have so many casinos to choose from which are big and offer payouts. First I didn't think the room was that bad- except the AC seemed old and loud- the noise kept me awake- the bed was kind of lumpy and not comfortable. I almost broke my nails trying to turn the lamp knobs. The tv and refrigerator were operating. I didn't think there were enough dining options. I ate at the Tavern which was just ok. I didnt like that I had to spend whole dining credit of $40 at dinner. I preferred the food court but didnt see anyone dining there and was concerned the food may not be fresh. The prime es well over $40 for dinner so I ordered soup and two sandwiches at the Valley. I ate one sandwich for breakfast. The worst feature was the casino. It is too small and I did get additional $5 for guessing the vault number so I had free play totalling $55.I went to play at 1 a m and found the slots very tight. I was not happy. I had a similar deal in Atlantic city two months is shameful. ago and they paid you back with slot wins. Not Valley Forge. It is shameful. After I use off my Groupons I will never go back there. The casino is embarrassing, the hotel is as well and so are the restaurants.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Suzim620
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I’m surprised that you feel we did not have enough dining options as we have 7 restaurants and lounges with very varied cuisine and selections. The Food Court is very popular and I can assure you that it is a very fresh product that is used. We receive excellent comments and the casino and the Groupon offer that you purchased as the cost is basically offset by the complimentary items. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.