“WARNING: Ok but not the best value in KOP”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in KOP this past early June with my girlfriend. Normally the rooms cost 150 -200 minimum. We got ours for well under that. I don’t know why. But whatever.

We have stayed at other hotels recently in the KOP area, This is my first time at a Hampton. We tried the King Deluxe- mainly because it is one of the only type of rooms that actually possesses a microwave.

There’s a lot of good things about this hotel and a lot of bad things.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Front desk was terrific. Among the best around. Check in was fast.

Check in time 3/Check out time is 12 noon( I loved that! Much better than most other hotels)

The front desk area has a filtered water station anyone can use. I used it to refill some water bottles I had. Very nice!

When we went into the room, First thing we noticed right away is that the air conditioner was completely non functional. No buttons light up. Nothing. When we called the front desk . They sent up another set of keys to a room close to our original one in the 4th floor. Once we got a new room with a working AC, The air conditioner works fine, It was a very recent type model with digital readout( See Photo), and worked very efficiently to get both cold as well as maintaining a comfortable temperature. Still it’s a good thing I turned it on as soon as I walked in there..

BED:

The bed had a Duvet cover that is washed regularly with sheets( see photo)IN my vast traveling experience, this was a first for me. The bed itself was ok. Not bad but not great. It was ok to sleep in if you stayed away from the edge. But the edge didn’t have much firmness. So you could fall off very easily.

BATHROOM:
The shower pressure was phenomenal. It was a good as the water pressure in the shower in my house. Once again, in all the hotels I have stayed in over the years, this was a first. The bathroom sink fixtures were all good. The bathroom offered Not only Shampoo. But moisturizing lotion mouthwash, and most importantly conditioner. Most rooms will only offer shampoo and lotion) . Towels were thicker than normal. Well done .Shower wall design pattern looked dirty(see photo) But was actually part of the wall. We actually thought something smeared the walls with charcoal.(bad move)

ENTERTAINMENT:

The television was a problem. It was a good brand( See photo) And good quality picture. But it has some drawbacks. Unlike other hotels I’ve been in , this TV volume can only go up half way. I was trying to watch a DVD from a portable player I brought and I couldn’t hear a thing at the volume all the way up . whether the AC was on , or not. We were glad it wasn’t 100 degrees that day or we would have had to keep the AC on..
The room offered a laptop desk for the bed or chair. (see photo) Very nice idea.
The end table contained a nice power station that had 3 electrical plugs and 2 USB ports.(See photo)Very efficient and practical design. The desk area had the same power station( see photo).

ROOM:

The room contained a separate vanity( see photo) as well as a desk area ( see photo)
The end tables were a hit and miss. The alarm clock was hard to figure out. (see photo) Setting alarm was difficult and the readout was poor. I used my cell phone instead
Furnishings were hit and miss. Wood designs looked nice. The cleanliness of the room was good., but not great. I noticed there was a large amount of dirt an couple inches from the wall behind end table. The rest of the rug looked clean though but I guess they didn’t clean it well enough. And even though it was clean, had many imperfections(see photo)The entertainment center was poorly laid out( see photo) The microwave was at the highest shelf.. That means if I wasn’t tall I couldn’t probably reach inside it. The fridge was somewhat inadequate in comparison to other hotels (see photo).It did not have an option to freeze, so if you wanted to freeze a water bottle to take with you the next day, you would be out of luck .It was also on the small side and really couldn’t hold much as far as bottles on the door, or fairly high boxes or containers of food. Walls were paper thin. Even with the air conditioning on, every door slam, ,conversation, or ruckus in the hallway can be heard, And its little easy to hear things in the adjacent rooms.

BREAKFAST:

The Breakfast and dining area were poorly designed.. Also There isn’t enough tables. Some people actually choose to simply bring the food up to their rooms( we did because there simply weren’t enough seats) They have to open up a meeting area to accommodate more seats( poorly thought out idea)

Food wasn’t bad but I’ve had better and more selections elsewhere. They offered: cereal, oatmeal, apples /oranges/bananas, western omelets, hash browns, yogurt, bagels/ toast .as well as a do it yourself waffle maker.( which looked disgusting. and there were a ton of people all around it) You couldn’t get near it and the breakfast area was confining when you have more than 8 people in it. Other hotels offer a much better layout, as well as variety in breakfast. I couldn’t get near the toaster which was right near the waffle iron. Bad layout.

Summary:

Pros:
Terrific front desk
Excellent shower water pressure.
Towels Thicker than normal
Comforter has a duvet cover.
Filtered water dispenser near front desk.
Bathroom had hair conditioner and mouth wash
Check out at 12pm

Cons
Price( regular)
Rugs
Complimentary breakfast and dining area layout poor
Complimentary breakfast inadequate
Television volume limited and inadequate.
Microwave layout in room poor
Shower design not well thought out.
Room not sound proofed

Hampton Inn has a lot to teach other hotels. However it also has just as much to learn from others… oh and theres no way that this room is worth $200. I’ve been to hotels that offer just as good or better in most areas for a lot less than that.

I would recommend it to some people and I wouldn’t to others. It all depends on what you can live with. I would not highly recommend this. Not unless it was going for <$110

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Renee S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Hello matfromdelco!

On behalf of the Hampton Inn, King of Prussia, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! The staff and I love to read what our guests write, as this allows us to celebrate those staff members who did an exceptional job, as well as to take care of our misses. Please be assured that your review has been printed out and distributed to all areas of management including our General Manager, Head of Operations and Housekeeping, and Mantainance Manager. Everything will be addressed accordingly.

As the Director of Sales, to address your pricing concerns, I do completely understand your confusion in why your price was different from your prior stay. I too, would have similar questions as a guest. The King of Prussia area is a very busy one in general, and it tends to be even more hectic at other times. For this reason and when the reservation was made, as well as many others, the price of a room night may fluxuate.

Please feel free to contact the hotel to make your reservation in the future, so we can assure you that you will receive our Best Available Rate at the time of booking.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any other difficulties you experienced at our property.

We hope you consider choosing our hotel again for a future stay!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and absolutely loved the breakfasts - waffles, eggs, ham or bacon, hot and cold cereals, fruits and juices, pastries. Breakfast hours are 6-10 am. Also, one night we enjoyed a picnic-type meal with hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, etc. Business services great. Located near a classy mall. Rooms were neat and tidy, bathrooms spotless, can't say enough about the wonderful friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the larger parking lot side will be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Renee S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Hi there trainbuff9!

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! On behalf of the staff, we are so happy that you especially enjoyed our breakfast. We strive to offer the best in food services and are happy that you recognized this!

Again, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This was the nicest Hampton Inn we have visited. Clean, well kept, great breakfast selections. The staff was AWESOME! So friendly and helpful, offering help with anything, a bottle of water for the road, snacks, etc. They really went above and beyond. The maintenance staff were also friendly and helpful. A great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Joyce G,

You have made all of the staff's day over here at the Hampton Inn, KOP! What an amazingly awesome review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you in all ways. I personally want to thank you for recognizing our maintenance team. These individuals work very hard daily to make sure the hotel runs properly behind the scenes, and I'm so happy to hear your praise of them.

We cant thank you enough for leaving the wonderful review, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the King of Prussia area!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

All that I need, Including : Parking, Desk, Internet, free printer, Many Kosher items for breakfast, free tea, coffee and fruits in the lobby. Not for Shabbatt due to electronic door key. Good room acoustics.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Renee S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hello Yossef L,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel, and for leaving us the very kind review! We truly hope to see you again during your next trip to King of Prussia. When making reservations please let the receptionist know you are looking to spend time with us during Shabbat. We will do our best to accomodate you in any way we can in order to make your stay great!

We look forward to seeing you again,
Kind Regards!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times since my daughter was a junior in high school looking at various college options. I just returned from a 2-room 3-night stay for her graduation and if anything this hotel has only improved over time. With it being full for graduation weekend, the breakfast area was kept clean and need and full and I do not believe they started taking everything away at the precise ending of official breakfast closing time. In contrast, we had another graduation in a similar-level hotel in another city a few days later and it was the opposite experience and I missed the Hampton Inn. The staff at this particular hotel is VERY friendly and welcoming and helpful. The room and bathroom is clean and comfortable and everything worked easily.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Renee S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Hi there ThankxgivingTraveler!

On behalf of the Hampton Inn, King of Prussia, thank you so much for your kind review! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and brand. We're so glad your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast, and service. We pride ourselves in our friendly customer service and are thrilled that you noticed.

We all hope to see you and your family again during your next visit to the King of Prussia area!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is an older Hampton, but very well kept. Neat and clean with very friendly staff. Well run! The area is a good location for business in the Valley Forge, King of Prussia area. The parking lot was well lit and the landscaping and flowers were an added touch. Nearby mall shopping and plenty of restaurants. If you like Mexican food, the old Lonestar is now Plaza Azteca and has very good authentic Mexican fare.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Renee S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Hi Thomas R H!

Thanks for leaving us such a nice review! We take pride in our property both on the inside and outside and are happy that this was noticed. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, on behalf of the staff. We sincerely hope to see you again soon on your next visit to the area!

P.S. We are big fans of Plaza Azteca, too!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We have traveled to Philadelphia and surrounding areas for the last two years. Our son is a Temple University student. We have enjoyed every stay at the Hampton Inns. The beds are very comfy. I look forward to climbing in to bed when I arrive. They are always very clean and the staff is amazing. They are friendly and helpful and make you feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank joannie237

Hello!

It is always nice to hear about our guests that stay with us in relation to an area college. The Hampton Inn, KOP has close relationships with our local colleges and love hosting their guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing our Hampton for your visit to the area. We hope to see you and your family soon on your next visit!