“Completely Adequate Hotel”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here last weekend with 11 family members. I visited six different rooms and didn't see a lot of difference among them. The beds were fine, I slept well, which I always do with the Marriott bed and pillows. My room was on the first floor at the back and very very quiet. It seemed like it had been recently refreshed and the room was clean. Maid service at 4PM was a little ridiculous, however. Refrigerator in room was a nice surprise, as was the water bottle that they had for me (at least I hope it was from the hotel). We were disappointed to find the pool closed on Friday evening. I am docking the hotel one star because the lobby was tiny and the dining area was WAY too small for all of the people staying there. They also roped off the dining area in the evening which was too bad because cramming 13 people into one of the double queen rooms to visit was really tight. I note that there was a wedding party also staying at the hotel and the bride and groom slept there on their wedding night, so there must have been some bigger and nicer rooms. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Oh, we had room service the first night. I think it was from the related hotel next door and it was excellent and cheap for a burger and cheesesteaks, but you couldn't charge it to your room.

Room Tip: I was on the wing that leads to the fitness center and I think it was quieter than others.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Na S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. To address your concerns, we are planning renovations later this year to enhance our lobby and breakfast area. We do keep the breakfast area roped off during the day to prevent noise to our guest rooms. I was happy to hear that you had a good night sleep and is looking forward to you returning again.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here last weekend, and I am back again, actually reviewing from the hotel.
My previous stay, I called to find out if I could check in early and was told that if I got there an hour later I would be able to check in, got there one and a half hours later, which by then was about regular check in time and still had to wait a few minutes for room.
The young lady who checked us in could have been a little more hospitable and need to be taught the power of a smile. On entering the room, I was hit with the wonderful scent of clean and fresh, the room was clean and the decor was great. There was enough space for the three of us, we had a king room with a pullout sofa.
The hotel is located right across from the KOP Mall and there are a few restaurants within walking distance. We decided to check the amenities so we walked over to the attached Bally's Total Fitness and was accosted by the reception person who demanded we check in with him, before we went any farther, we informed him that we were just looking around and returned to our room.
The breakfast in the morning was served till 11:00am on the weekend, finally a hotel that understands I do not want to be up before 9:00 am for breakfast while on vacation. The choices for breakfast were very good, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausages in addition to the pastries, dry cereal etc served for continental breakfast. The breakfast staff were the best and they kept the food coming till 10:45am, unlike some hotels who start clearing up as much as 20 minutes prior to the cut out time, here people were able to eat well after 11:00.
Check out was smooth and quick, and the morning staff were very pleasant and hospitable.
I love this hotel, and the rates are not bad either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kent C
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank You for telling us about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back in the future. I am sorry to hear that the LA Fitness staff was not very courteous towards you; this is something that we will definitely look into. You are right a smile can make all the difference, we want to deliver the best customer service we can, I am sorry if you feel you did not receive that at check in, but am glad to hear that the breakfast and front desk staff were friendly.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I never been to a hotel:
-directly attached to a full service gym (awesome)
-where you could easily walk to one of the largest malls in the world
-with such a small lobby
-where the room's bathroom door stuck and you had to pull hard to close it
- where the pull cord in the bathroom to hang clothes didn't have string
-where the desk chair didn't have arms
-where the black-out shades were just a tad too short and let light in underneath
-where there were no drink or snack machines available on any of the floors
-where housekeeping forgot to make up the room. And didn't make it up even after reminding the front desk (not good)
-where I was given towels at the front desk and had to shlep them up to the room after housekeeping forgot to make up the room
-where the manager went above and beyond for the above inconveniences and left an apology note with a bottle of wine and cheese platter andd credited back the points I used (nice touch Jennifer)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience with housekeeping; this is something we take very seriously and does not happen often. I am glad that you enjoyed the wine and cheese tray, it is the least I could do for you. I will be looking into the door and clothes line that you mentioned. We do have vending machines on our 2nd and 4th floors for snacks and drinks. I hope that when you travel back to the area you will stay with us again, so we can make you next stay more enjoybale.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

When you think of Marriot there is a standard that crosses your mind. This hotel does not meet that standard and I will not be going back again. The pictures are very carefully taken giving you a false sense of the hotel. Also you can hear road noise and people next to you. Definately not a restful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do follow Marriott standards at the Fairfield Inn Valley Forge. The pictures that were taken are by a professional, so they are taken to show as much as the room as possible.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a great hotel. It was very clean, stylish, and in a great location. The mall and several shops are literally across the street. There were vegan restaurants nearby, which is a huge plus for me :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel as well as our local area. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A very nice hotel with a friendly staff...who pay attention to detail. I had a problem with the room refrigerator and they brought in another. Very clean and quiet ( as hotels go type of quiet ).... My only complaint ...I'm a person with a progressive neuropathy and when I checked in I asked for a room for the disabled. A nice room...disable bars for the toilet and ( this was nice ) the walk-in shower, but , the toilet was a standard hieght not a ADA hieght(about 18.5") and so it was difficult to get up...this is not unusual for hotels to not have an ADA toilet...most people are not aware they exist. When I mentioned this at the front desk they were going to check to see if they could provide a add-on seat and I declined ... I'm just not ready for a clip-on booster seat...my vanity problem...I may consider keeping on in the car if I find myself needing to have one at a hotel...like I stated not all hotels have them, but, when they do it is an added plus for us disabled persons that need just a couple of inches higher to feel a little more confident about our situation. This is a very nice hotel and the staff couldn't be more kind, attentive and assisting with me...kudos to Latifa, Jonisha, Jen, Drew and the very nice housekeeper...cookies and 24/7 coffee a plus. I will return when I need a nearby getaway....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Clean and large room
Friendly and helpfully staff
Only thing which I missed, the waffle machine
Great location for shopping
Also many different types of restaurants in the area
Easy access to Philadelphia and premium outlet center

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank munich1978
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you back in the future.