“Quick stay”

Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had to attend a nearby event, so we stayed for one night. The hotel is new and very clean and modern. The decor is modern and fresh. Everything looks shiny and new! Our room was a king standard room, which was plenty big for our purposes (just 2 of us). There was a bed, 2 reading chairs, desk, and dresser (mini fridge). The closet space was a small wardrobe, so might not be adequate for a long stay or if you had lots of hanging clothes.

We had a rate that included breakfast. It was a nice buffet with omelet station. Small, but very good for what we needed.

The hotel also has a Ralph's restaurant & a bar (we did not use either), which seemed to be popular.

The hotel itself is very close to the King of Prussia mall & right near the turnpike. Not a pretty looking area by any means, but convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kikipa73
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience regarding the new Sheraton Valley Forge. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Didn't really leave the hotel for 4 days as we were there for a company meeting. But, the staff are fantastic - nothing is too much trouble. Food is good (considerring they were catering for over 100 of us in addition to the rest of the guests).

The room (studio) was large and comfortable (as are the beds). But I agree with others that it can get noisy (even the bathroom vents sounded like a gale was blowing through the room). Shut the bathroom door before you attempt to sleep.

The hotel uses a minibus to shuttle guests to nearby mall (largest on the E coast apparently).

The hotel feels as if its surrounded by roads (it is!)

My personal gripe is that there are no 'smoking' rooms, but there is a coutyard which is very accessible from the ground floor (level2) rooms.

Would recommend for a business stay, or just to shop, but not for romance or family.

Room Tip: Smokers ask for one on the lowest level
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge. We appreciate the recognition you have provided for the service our team provides, and we have reviewed and will work on the aspects of your stay that you feel could use some improvement. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for the last two months for business and plan to stay here for the next three months because this hotel is new, clean and the staff is helpful and personable. The front desk staff are welcoming and remember me by name, which is nice. James and Carmella at the front desk are great! Due to working late hours most nights :( I eat room service a bunch but the food is pretty high quality although the selection could be bigger. Elaine, who works at the restaurant and delivers room service is great too! Only downside to this place is the walk to and from the elevator when your room is on the other side ( hotel is shaped like a square).

Room Tip: Close to the elevator on any floor. Suites are really nice. Tv's are all 42" flat screens a...
1  Thank Mac G

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience and have shared your positive recognition with James, Carmilla and Elaine. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

First if all, let me say up front that the staff here make the stay. Every single person I have encountered has been incredibly friendly, helpful and detail oriented.

I have been staying at this Sheraton for a few weeks now and likely will have to continue for quite awhile bc of work. I pack ear plugs every time as the walls are paper thin. I woke up to my neighbor snoring and thought s/he was in the room next to me. The doors all slam unless you gently close them. The shower heads kill the water pressure and some of the shower curtains don't hit the tub (but those are small things in comparison to hearing absolutely everything that goes on around your room).

The hotel is beautiful and very clean, but you'll quickly learn, like your mother taught you, not to judge a book by its cover. And, if this is your home away from home, it'll start to wear on you, unfortunately.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank GMPatterson
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your positive comments regarding our team members have been shared and are greatly appreciated. We have also considered your constructive criticism and are working to address the areas of your experience that were not satisfactory. We hope to have the opportunity to once again serve you here at the Sheraton Valley Forge in the near future!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a total of about 12 nights now and nothing seems to change. The issues? Well some of them can't change as they were doomed from the start: the walls are thin, you can hear most of what your neighbor is doing. The plumbing is terribly loud, when your neighbor turns on any source of water, you think its in your room. Every single door in this hotel SLAMS shut as the arms provide no support for its closing. The water pressure is constantly terrible. Most of the time I find myself hugging the shower wall so I can get under the stream of water. I have brought these situations to the attention of the hotel staff many times, but nothing has been done. I am hoping that the door slamming can at least be fixed with an adjustment of the door arms. This would save me from waking up at all hours of the night as people come and go down the hall. While the hotel itself is brand new, clean, and pretty nice... good luck getting a good nights sleep or enjoying a real shower. I stay in starwood hotels every week and I always cringe when I have to come back to KoP for work. Hopefully they make adjustments.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from everyone, if available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Sheraton Valley Forge. I am very sorry for the challenges you have encountered and will be sending you a private message to make this right for you. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton soon- rest assured we will work hard to make certain that your future experiences are vastly improved.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel and arrived late but really did enjoy the personal touch and comfort of this hotel. It is a new hotel and it is very clean and the rooms are nice. The beds are very comfortable and rooms clean. Great location. Close to the casino and mall. The staff was very courteous and made me feel at home.

1  Thank egellman

I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience at the new Sheraton Valley Forge. Making our guests feel at home is always a top priority, so we are very happy to hear that we made you so comfortable. We hope to serve you again at the Sheraton in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in December and I can say that this is by far the best starwood property that I have been at to date (and there were many). The hotel is totally brand new with a trendy high class finish. The staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. For example, the manager, Kelly, showed great flexibility in accomadating our need for an extra hour and a half stay before we were able to leave on a saturday. Additionally, the hotel staff (James checked us in) is properly trained in the SPG program benefits, upgrades, amenities etc. for gold/plat members (In some other spg locations you have to haggle and argue for what you should be entitled to and it just takes the whole fun out of everything. At this location everything went smooth).

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Samstudent
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide each of our guests with an experience that will inspire them to return time and time again, and it sounds like we were able to accomplish this for you. I'm glad that your stay was so positive, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon!