“Great getaway”

Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My Wife booked this hotel for my birthday weekend getaway. Great choice. It's near the King of Prussia Mall. Access to shopping and restaurants. Our room its self was nice. Double beds, 42 in. Flat screen TV and a mini fridge. The room was spotless. The bathroom was a nice size. Had trouble getting out the shower because the water just felt so good. The closet had a mini dresser in it and a safe. Parking is a little weird. Where we parked and entered the building from was the 4th floor. Registration is on the 3rd floor. We happened to get a room on the 4th floor so that worked out. Check in was taken care of by Roman. A nice guy he made check in a breeze. We ate elsewhere but there was a restaurant on the property. There also was room service available. We didn't use the Gym. But I did enjoy the whirlpool. Overall it was a great hotel. I'd recommend it to others and I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

We sincerely appreciate your review of the new Sheraton Valley Forge. Our team takes great pride in our service and product and we are glad that you had such a wonderful experience. On behalf of the entire Sheraton Valley Forge staff, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed only one night here to attend a local dance competition. The hotel is located minutes from the King of Prussia Mall and was very easy to get to. The staff was very attentive when we arrived and the hotel room was immaculate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. There was also a refrigerator which some comparable hotels do not offer. I lifted the window shade and was pleased to have a view of a beautiful indoor pool and an inviting outdoor fire with plenty of seating. All that I was missing was a glass of wine and more time to spend there...
I would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the new Sheraton Valley Forge. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

This property is brand new, well-appointed, and very conveniently located to the Pa. turnpike and the shopping, restaurants, and businesses in the area. On weekends, it's a fairly easy drive to center city. Lovely pool in an atrium near a very well-equipped gym.

Here's the problem. While settling in I was disturbed by the persistent sounds of someone aggressively trying to open my door. Luckily I had the dead bolt and latch on. This was no mistaken guest, however, but a bellman attempting to bring another family into my room, despite the "do not disturb sign". While I realize that those signs can be left on in error, that combined with the latch and deadbolt should have indicated that the room was occupied. As a solo female traveler, this was very unsettling. When I saw that it was a bellman, I opened the door to find that another family had been assigned my room. They all stayed right outside the door (by now it was after 10:30 p.m.) while he called the desk to try to sort it out. Some time after they left and after well after 11 p.m., a manager knocked on the door (again the do not disturb sign was still on) to ask my name because they had the room as vacant in their computer. I had to present photo id and a major credit card to check in and was given a key with the room number on it, along with my gold status Starwood card and they didn't have my name? Needless-to-say I didn't get to sleep for quite some time as I was alert for each noise in the hall wondering if that person would be trying to get in as well. Not good when the alarm is set for 6 a.m.

Room Tip: Corridors are very long. If you need to be near the elevators, or the pool, meeting rooms, etc. be...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Valley Forge. We are very sorry for the challenge that occurred with your room. Rest assure this is not a normal occurrence and we will be certain to correct the issue so that it does not happen again. I will be sending you a private message via Trip Advisor so that I may further assist you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel is brand new. It has only been open a few months. The front desk staff was very nice upon check-in and was very helpful giving information on location of the room and the places to meet and eat within the hotel.

We were staying here for a convention and the food & service by the staff was outstanding. They have top notch chefs working in the kitchen. Everything they prepared was fresh and hot, not dried out or old. Every time you put down and empty plate, it was taken away by one of the waiters. They had a full staff and catered to ever need or request. I wish every hotel was as good as this hotel was.

If you plan on coming to the area for business or pleasure, I would recommend staying here. You can also us your AAA card for the discount.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the new Sheraton Valley Forge hotel. I have shared your positive feedback with our Food and Beverage team, and they sincerely appreciate the recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The Sheraton Valley Forge was the destination of our recent Malt Beverage Convention. My husband and I stayed in one of the standard rooms and opted for a King sized bed. Room rate for convention was $114. The accommodations were exceptional. Everything in the hotel was new and our room was very stylish, roomy, comfortable mattress and linens, spacious modern bathroom. At check in the front staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given useful advice on where to dine and directions. While we only stayed for the convention, the location was convenient and close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Would definitely stay here again. The only negative was the pricey breakfast, at $15 per person and long wait in line for food, I would rethink for next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad that we have been able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton King of Prussia for pleasure April 20, 2013. We were pleasantly surprised at the hotel. We stay in the area 3-4 times a year for mall, restaurant and entertainment visits. The location was convenient to the mall, theater and N. Gulph Road. The price was slightly lower than the other 2 hotels we usually stay at (Hyatt House and Hyatt Place). The rooms were also much larger than our two usual hotels. The only negative was that the bathroom, and especially the toilet, was dirty when we arrived, although the front desk had it cleaned soon. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra cost to upgrade to a larger room if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review of the new Sheraton Valley Forge hotel. I'm sorry about the challenge you experienced upon arrival and will be reaching out to you privately to assist you further. I'm glad that all other aspects of your stay were positive and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Let me start by saying ALL MY PRYERS Go OUT FOR BOSTON RIGHT NOW!!! & all still affected..I pray for us all........................................................................................................................
This was my first time here at this city and it was fun (HISTORICALLY) the traffic is Tight,,,,
I pull up to my hotel SHERATON KING OF PRUSSIA ( I love the way it sounds....PRUSSIA...IM NAMING SOMETHING After it)
They have a very nice and polite staff and you feel the warm in the air here the atmospher almost as soon you walk through those BigSwining Doors,,,it's like Texas ....I have too write about Dallas (WOW)) oh yeah & it was spread out like Dallas....But here in the great king of PRUSSIA they make you feel Iike a King...the room was king very nice ....rm service was on time and very polite..indoor pool was Fancy and clean...they have a hidden Elevator in the back on starting on the fith floor ,,,it will take you down to the back parking lot (like in ATLANTA GA.) then you turn left right through these poor looking doors up the stairs & ( BAM) all tha space to park walk talk.....
Fitness center was very clean & nice upon my inspection....MY ROOM... Was big with two flatt screen in the middle like In the movies...I recommend this Hotel to my family & friends.....definitely be back here....my bed was clean as I pulled the sheets back no bugs...the bath room was huge nice and clean...my little dogs loved it ...the bath room had s sliding door ( what do you call that). I call fancy....now being a country boy all this is new but FUN FUN FUN...... ok ok the food was ok not five star but who is these days?

1  Thank Pierre A
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and I am glad that we were able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon!