“Not kids friendly...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
“Not kids friendly...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were staying at sheraton valley forge over Memorial Day weekend... We were there for soccer tournament and stayed there with the whole team. This was the most uncomfortable stay that I ever had, especially for my kids. The hotel has no place for kids to play at all. It has very small pool and courtyard nearby. We were told that we cannot eat at courtyard. We also couldn't play at courtyard!!' Boys were throwing the ball at courtyard and we were told that they were allowed to play, but not with the ball, cause they can hurt themselves.. Really?!?! Boys are 10 years old, and we didn't book this hotel individually, and hotel was aware who they were booking rooms for. Personnel of the hotel continued to stay near the windows and pointing fingers at our boys while they were playing.. There were 5 people on different floors, who stayed there for about an hour. It made our boys feel very uncomfortable like someone was watching them... And parents were very angry, we were there supervising them... Come on, it was 9 pm, boys were not loud!!! Also, breakfast was also not pleasant cause they kept on going after people to make sure they pay. Very weird experience.. Customer service and satisfaction is definitely not a priority for this hotel's stuff. Very disappointing!!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with kids, and I never expected this from Sheraton...

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Rudyakova,
It was a pleasure providing accommodations for you and your family during your recent visit to Valley Forge. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your experience. Please know that we are a family friendly hotel and that safety is a top priority, especially with children. In order to do our best to ensure that accidents do not occur, we have certain policies in place to protect Children and all hotel guests. I apologize if you felt uncomfortable in any way, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here twice before writing a review because I had to make sure that it was really true and YES, I can make an outlandish statement truthfully : I’d stay at the Sheraton Valley Forge before staying at a Ritz Carlton ANYTIME. A few details:

Arrival
*********
Easy to find, and self-park is convenient and not too far a walk into hotel. Each time I called in to the hotel before arrival, they picked up quickly and were informative.

Check-In
************

Quick and efficient check-in. Ok I just gotta say it - one of their desk agents, her name starts with an “M” is an absolute knockout. Piercing eyes, lovely personality and her beauty if proof of a God. Both my visits she was there and you know how sometimes there’s a “computer glitch” and the customer has to stand there and wait? I was praying for a big long glitch because just standing in front of her was intoxicatingly awesome. Being a tad overweight, I just stood there and chided myself for not laying off the cheeseburgers for all these years.

Lobby
********

Modern, but comfortable. Decent bar area also. Well air conditioned too!

Room
********

BEAUTIFUL room, I was in a standard king.

350 square feet and again, crisp and modern BUT very cozy at the same time. The bed, pillows and linens were great, furniture very comfortable with large flat-screen TV that worked very well. Small touches like a footrest under the chair impressed me.

AIR CONDITIONING WAS GREAT, AND COOLED THE ROOM WELL! I’ll accentuate it because these days, so many hotels, especially “nice” ones install such weak air conditioners or poorly position them, that rooms are warm. It’s a good system here, and the thermostat is all the way on other side of the room, by your bed, meaning it has to be cool by your bed for the A/C to turn off. So many times they put the thermostat somewhere goofy and they hide behind “green” to chintz on A/C. The room was also WELL LIT.

Bathroom
*************
Nice sized, and again very well lit. Well stocked with toiletries. WATER PRESSURE FOR SHOWER IS AWESOME.

The only slight drawback is that on both visits, I thought the bar and restaurant staff were frosty a and cold. Online reviews of the restaurant say similar things.

If you look at my history here, I used to review frequently and then reduced. Reason is, I got sick of paying top dollar for “nice hotels” like the Ritz, Four Seasons, or Westin - and then not sleeping well because air conditioning was terrible. I didn’t like the weak water pressure or poorly lit rooms.

So I can factually say, I would heartily recommend this hotel over more pricier choices and furthermore from now on, I’ll only stay HERE when needed. There’s 2 hotels, 15 minutes closer to my destination but I’ll make the extra drive, AND even pay more to stay here. Who knows, if I ever want to do a shopping trip to King of Prussia with Wife, I might stay here just for the heck of it.

Room Tip: Sometimes, you may have to walk a bit more to get to your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JEDIKNIGHT
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear JEDIKNIGHTDC,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Sheraton Valley Forge, we are glad that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
SI NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The location was great for the purpose of our stay (graduation at nearby Villanova University). Everyone was very friendly and attentive. Room was quite large, spotless and the bed was really comfortable. We had lunch at Ralph's which was very good and not too expensive. Breakfast was included for us, and there were more than enough choices, both cold and hot (omelets and waffles made to order). Would stay again if in the area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank college11
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear college11,
We are so glad that you were able to celebrate Villanova's graduation with us at the Sheraton Valley Forge! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to the King of Prussia area.
Copenhagen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've heard from other business travelers that compared to what is offered in the area - this is the better choice. Not having stayed anywhere else in this region - I cannot compare.
My non-American colleagues seem to agree with me - this is a typically American hotel - It is part of a chain, it has absolutely no distinguishing feature. It is located in the middle of nowhere and you need a car to get around. The breakfast was not included in my rate and I found it to be expensive and not that good - so I skipped it after the first stay. The bar is OK heavy on American beers, The restaurant is not that good and after eating there twice I make every effort to eat somewhere else. Most of all I really didnt care for the front desk - I often have packages sent to the hotel - as I travel so often - they have repeatedly managed to make a mess of it. I have had things re-delivered more than once. Basically I've given up on that and I ask for things to be delivered to the nearest Fedex - and since as I've said in this hotel you are in the middle of nowhere - I now rent a car when coming here otherwise you are stuck. The parking is free - that's a plus!

Room Tip: all rooms are created equal
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear otdol,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experiences at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize that we have been unable to accomplish this for you. I appreciate that you have brought the challenges you encountered to our attention. I will be sending you a private message through tripadvisor to gather some additional details and further assist you. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

As a business traveler whom spends over 150 nights per year travelling to various cities visiting clients, it is important to feel comfortable when lodging away from home. I’ve had the fortunate opportunity of spending close to 60 nights this year at Sheraton Valley Forge. The online reviews and hotel’s website pictures really don’t reflect how grand this hotel really is. I am a SPG Platinum member and I must say this is one of the best Starwood properties I’ve lodged at since joining SPG.

The rooms are spacious, furnished well, immaculately clean and functionally set up to make you feel at home. The plush, comfortable bedding is like none other. The amenities (large gym with state-of-the-art equipment, heated pool, fire pit, Link Sheraton) were an added plus. The entire property is beautiful; it’s like they designed it with me in mind. Every nook and cranny so well thought out. The hotel is conveniently located to the expressway, lots of shopping and restaurants. I have already recommended hotel to others and will be soon on a personal vacation.

The front desk staff, room attendants and room service personnel were always smiling, professional and very knowledgeable about SPG brands and rewards.They all had positive attitudes and over exceeded any expectation I had upon arrival. KUDOS to the entire team for going above the industry standard; your team TOTALLY ROCKS!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Tonya242,

As a frequent guest of the Sheraton Valley Forge who has spent nearly 60 nights with us, your feedback is truly meaningful. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for taking the time to express such wonderful feedback regarding your experiences with us. Our goal truly is to exceed the expectations of each and every guest we serve, and I am proud that our team has been able to consistently provide you with such positive hospitality experiences.

As you mentioned, we offer many great amenities to our guests including our spacious Sheraton Fitness Center, glass enclose indoor heated pool, manicured courtyard with fire pit etc..., but our team members are the ones who tie it all together and provide our guests with amazing service. Thank you for recognizing our Guest Services, Housekeeping and In Room Dining Teams- I have already shared your feedback with them along with the rest of our team members.

Thank you again- we hope that you will continue making Sheraton hotels your first choice when travelling.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My family of five had a great overall experience here. We stayed one night mid-week, so it wasn't crowded and my children were thrilled to have the pool to themselves. I liked how clean the workout facility was and enjoyed getting some exercise while on vacation! Breakfast was simple, but delicious. The buffet was a reasonable price and I enjoyed an omelette with veggies and smoked salmon while the kiddos ate up waffles. Starbucks coffee in the room was a nice touch. Would definitely go back again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear travelW3kids,

I'm glad that you had such a great experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge with your family! Our large indoor pool and kid friendly buffet breakfast make the Sheraton an ideal place for families to travel together. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

What more can you ask for than to have rave reviews from your guests? In all the events we've done, no other facility has ever gotten as much positive response from our guests as this one.

We hosted an event at Sheraton Valley Forge, King of Prussia, last week and were extremely pleased with every aspect of this location. The hotel is like new, beautiful, and in an excellent location near the mall. The rooms were comfortable and well-kept (kudos to housekeeping!). Every single staff person was professional and ready to help.

Liz (Sales Manager) started us off with gracious professionalism and Ray (Director of Catering) followed up, making every adjustment necessary to ensure that our event was a complete success. They were VERY busy on the starting day of our event, yet they took care of us as if we were their only guests. Ray's catering team (Andy and José) did a fabulous job with the day-to-day service to our guests. We had three meals catered by the hotel and after each one, our guests raved about the wonderful food. Some hotels have really good food, but when the guests go out of their way to praise the food at every meal, you have to know this location is ahead of the game!

If you are looking for a great location for your meeting in King of Prussia, PA, check out Sheraton Valley Forge and talk to Liz. Without reservation, we can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear GuylaRae,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent trip to King of Prussia, and thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge. We realize that business travel is difficult, being away from home in a new environment without all of the comforts our guests are accustomed to. Our team works hard to make our guests feel at home, and to provide experiences that inspire them to return to the Sheraton time and time again.

I have already shared your feedback with Liz, Ray, Jose, Andy, Chef Guarini and the rest of our team- we are all very appreciative of the positive recognition. Thank you again for taking the time to recommend our hotel on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon!