“The workout room and courtyard make the hotel”

Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is very average except for the workout room. This is one of the best workout rooms that I have ever seen at a Sheraton. The pool is small and not special, but the courtyard with the fire pit area is very nice and relaxing. The room was fairly clean. The bathroom had a lot of hair leftover from the last guest, but that was the only real filth that I found. The heating/cooling unit in the room makes an awful lot of noise and made it hard to sleep. Heavy sleepers are probably not bothered by it so much. This is a good location and I would stay here again if I wanted to be out of downtown Philadelphia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear PenelopeA2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to the Valley Forge area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel in general was very good. I was there a week for a meeting and the room was very nice and comfortable. My unique recommendation goes to the room service. I had room service in three occasions and the experience was not the best. The first night I ordered just the soup of the day and a small bottle of water. I was exhausted from a long trip and I called about 9:20 PM. The dinner was deliver at 10:30 PM. I received a large bottle of water instead of the small one. At the moment I did not mind. The next morning I requested room service again, a deluxe continental breakfast. I was deliver a bowl of fresh fruits, and some pastries. At that point. I understood that regardless of what I order they will bring what best accommodates them, worst even, they did not bring any silverware. At least for the fruits! No napkin as well! I need to add that tipping has nothing to do with this since I did it appropriately adding a good tip plus the service charge and the delivery charge that I was already charge for since the first order that I made. So, in summary, it is a good hotel but if you are going to order room service beware that everything is as it should before they go.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lila450
Kelly R, Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

lila450,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. Our number one goal is outstanding customer service. I have shared your feedback with the team. I hope to have you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was very conveniently located. It was just a minute away from the King of Prussia mall and lots of restaurants. Also it is pretty centrally located in regards to all the colleges in the area. The hotel was very clean and felt as though it was relatively new. The beds were very comfy and the bathrooms were beautiful. The gym was large with all the machines that you needed to get a variety of workouts in and this too was kept very clean. The pool was inside however it was a glass roof so you still had the feeling of being outside which was very cool especially since the weekend we stayed it was down pouring, so it was nice to be in the pool and watch and listen to the rain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Kerry S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. We hope to have you as a guest again the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Customer service is great, I have food allergies and Andy took care of me! He went out of his way to be sure I got a great meal and didn't have to worry. The hotel is new and beautiful, great experience overall.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dee W,
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience that you had while staying at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. Our goal is outstanding service. We hope to have you as a gust in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The moment me and my girlfriend stepped into this Sheraton we felt like we had left the country to a resort. The staff was always welcoming with smiles and asking if we needed anything. The room felt luxurious and comfortable. The bathroom itself felt like it's own room.
We came to this hotel for a close place next to Philly for a show and even though it was about 25-30 mins into Philly it just felt great knowing the room we were in and how great of a choice we made. Also when we walked into our room there was a dozen roses, that my girlfriend thought was for her lol, but the hotel had put in by accident. They came back into our room while we were gone and took them out and gave us a free breakfast for entering the room.

The pool was great, the exercise area, and everything was always kept perfect and tidy. We never felt like we were at a regular hotel and that's why we'd come back here.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DannyG07
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear DannyG07,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. Your high praises are sincerely appreciated by our hard working team. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels take you to the King of Prussia area.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My friend/family members son was married there May 30. My husband and I stayed over. We were upgraded from a room to a suite. The place is fabulous!! Wedding was more than grand, reception was awesome and the food was to die for!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling or fir leisure. Beautiful accommodations and extremely close to the famous King of Prussia Mall!!

Stayed: June 2014
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Gags57,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge, and I will be certain to pass your great comments about our Wedding food to our Executive Chef. Did you know that the Sheraton Valley Forge was recently awarded with the American Culinary Federation's 2014 Achievement of Excellence Award? We are very proud of our Culinary Arts department, so thanks again for the recognition. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Was there for a soccer tournament and they checked our coolers, my husband bought pizza for all the kids and they weren't allowed to eat by the pool, they weren't allowed to play with the ball on the grass... We had 4 managers stay at a stand up window watching us like hawks just to find something else to complain.. The team and my family will never ever go or recommend this place again!

• Stayed: April 2014
Ben G, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience. Please know that the Sheraton Valley Forge is a Family friendly hotel, and very welcoming of Children.

We unfortunately do not permit the use of sports balls in our courtyard area due to the fact that our pool house is made of glass, and because the courtyard has extensive landscaping that is not designed for people to walk/run over. Additionally, there is risk of injury when children are running all over grass, mulch, and pavement with no shoes on. It is our responsibility to always have our guest's safety in the forefront of our policies.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Sheraton Valley Forge Very soon.