“Convention center is dated.”

Valley Forge Convention Center
WILLIAMSPORT
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Convention center is dated.”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Went to a conference and found the rooms just average. You will need your GPS to find things. The food was just average. The service was average.

Visited September 2013

Pottstown
“Pacific & Prime Restaurant, Valley Forge Convention Center”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pacific & prime restaurant - very overpriced. Be careful of menu descriptions - they do not give accurate description of what you actually will get.

Visited August 2013
Warren, New Jersey
“Mistakenly Charged $380 After Checked Out”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I made reservation on 5/29 through hotels.com. I made the payment of $512.79 immediately of course. I have stayed there from 6/16 - 6/21. The facility itself is OK. Since I was there for my son's camp so during the day I stayed in the room working. The wifi internet basically is none, kept disrupted. We have to use the line connection. This means in the evening when my son came back, we only have one laptop online. These are all bearable. The problem is the afterwards charge. When I checked out, I called reception desk ahead. I was told nothing needed doing, just drop the key cards to bin. We did. Surprisingly, weeks later, when I got my AE credit card, I saw there is a charge $382.80 on the day after I checked out. I called hotels.com twice. The first time, the customer service even asked me whether I am sure this is the hotel I have made reservation through hotels.com. The second time, the lady asked me to hold and told me she would called the hotel to check. Ten minutes later, I was told this was a mistake and she apologized to me. Imagine if you don't check your credit card transaction, this charge will be slipped in. The way Hotels.com handled my phone call, I have a feeling this happened quite often. This is my first time use hotels.com. I don't think I will use it anymore. Also, if you decide to stay at Valley Forge, be carefully to check your credit card afterwards.

Visited June 2013
Milford, Delaware
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“A Little bit of everything”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

It's hard to separate the convention center from everything else as it's really like one big package. The location is great with Valley Forge Park just up the road and the King of Prussia Mall just down the road. Quality restaurants are less than a 5 minute ride if you choose not to dine in the hotel/resort. There is a casino to do a bit of gambling in, several bars on site each with it's own feel, a place to dance, and often headline entertainment. Rooms are quite reasonable. Upon arrival they have free valet parking as well. If you have business in the area or simply want a mini-vaca this is a good choice.

Visited July 2013
Monroe, Louisiana
“Great environment for conference”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Liked everything being close by, it was a good learning experience. I couldn't find anything to complain about.

Visited April 2013