“Satisfying experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Satisfying experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The bed was comfortable, and I thought the room had a nice feel being inside. My partner didn't like the layout very much, but I thought it was okay. Our living area was right in front of the bed, and the TV could be rotated towards the sofa or bed. It was nice to have that versatility, even though the TV was not directly in front of the sofa.

The kitchen was very nice to have. Nothing in the fridge, but the hotel has a good selection of drinks and snacks to purchase at the front desk at fair prices for a hotel. Doing laundry in the self-service laundry room was more affordable than doing laundry in my apartment building.

There is no room service, but you can get food at the restaurant. I got dinner at the restaurant, which was okay. Staying there on a weekday, I didn't get breakfast, which ended at 9am.

Our room was facing the highway. I could hear traffic from the room. Not very desirable, but it wasn't that bad. I wonder if double paned windows would have eliminated the noise.

Nice shower.

Room Tip: A room away from the highway would be better, due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HhKingofPrussiaGenMg, General Manager at Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear sacredphi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experience at the HYATT house Philadelphia/King of Prussia. We are glad that you enjoyed the comfortable amenities of the room and the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Sincerely, General Manager - HYATT house Philadelphia/King of Prussia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My Husband is from Philly & we stay at this hotel often. It's a wonderful lady by the name of Sandra at the front desk. Sandra is a pure delight! She greets you with a huge smile & will accommodate you with whatever you need & if it's a problem, she will make sure the problem is taken care of. She has a great memory. I have odd requests & she took care of them. The next time we stayed there, she made sure I had everything I needed. I think the Hyatt should promote Sandra & send her to different locations to train people. Her customer service skills are excellent!!! We come to Philly a couple times a year & I look forward to her greeting us at the front desk & I get a little disappointed when she's not working. I had a problem with the room & this young lady was not pleasant at all. The next day, Sandra was working & she made the situation right! We use to stay downtown Philly a lot, but came across this hotel & loved it! I recommend this hotel. Praying for a promotion for Sandra!

Room Tip: If you don't have pets, ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sonyatanise
HhKingofPrussiaGenMg, General Manager at Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Sonyatanise,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the HYATT house Philadelphia/ King of Prussia. It was nice to hear that Sandra exceeded your expectations. She works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Sincerely, General Manager - HYATT house Philadelphia/King of Prussia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for a week while on business. The hotel is clean, modern and nicely appointed, and the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar is done up well with a made-to-order omelette station. The bed was very comfortable -- surpringly, so was the sofa! Having a full-up kitchen worked out perfectly for me as I like to eat healthy while traveling, and there's a Wegman's grocery store just up the road. The gym has good equipment in it, and enough of it so that I didn't have to wait to snag a treadmill. Pool looks nice although I didn't go in it. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the King of Prussia mall -- within walking distance if the weather is nice. The mall has several good restaurants in it if you don't feel like cooking. Overall a terrific stay. I'll be back again this month for another week -- it's now my hotel of choice in King of Prussia.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its proximity to Philly -not too far but far enough out of the hustle--and because of reviews on tripadvisor. We always try and get an indoor pool for the kids and a suite for some extra space.
So we booked a 1 BR suite and we were impressed. King bed was super comfy , the pullout sofa was perfect for the kids and lots of closet space - a big + for me. Clean modern and equipped with a nearly full kitchen makes this a definite keeper. It is located right In the mall complex, next to Joe's crab shack -very good-and just of the turnpike. I want to come back and stay longer and shop! Very cool area.
We had no issue with highway noise. And the free breakfast buffet is just so good. So much variety made it perfect for all of us.
Nitpicking: had to call several times to get coffee for the in -room coffee maker.
Had no toiletpaper in room when we checked in but they brought right away.
All in all, this is a super hotel with free parking and great rates. Win.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tamara M
Pennsylvanica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here because my son had a lacrosse game in the area. We had a busy day so when we finally checked into the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. It was new and very clean! The staff at the desk was courteous and professional. Breakfast,which was included, the next day was TERRIFIC! An omelet bar, scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries and the coffee was fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about this Hyatt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here after visiting the Historic Sites in Philadelphia. We were warmly welcomed by Brian at the front desk, who checked us in rather quickly. He was extremely professional and very friendly. He gave us a tower suite on the main floor, opposite the bar area. The suite looks exactly like the one shown on their website (I included some cell phone pictures). My wife and I were impressed, the suite looked new, was clean and had a full kitchen, and floor to ceiling windows as promised. Since our suite was located on the ground floor I expected to hear noise throughout the night, however that was simply not the case, we did not hear a thing. The breakfast the hotel offered was awesome, it included made to order omelets, delicious home fries, oatmeal, cereals, pastries, and even pancakes. The staff at breakfast did a great job maintaing adequate food at all stations and clearing everyones table, they were also friendly. Overall, $95 well spent, will most definitely return. Don't forget to check out the huge mall nearby.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor, opposite the bar and dining area. Quiet at night, and very sunny in the mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Clifford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Post Christmas shopping trip. This is the best hotel for parents and 2 adult children, The suite gives us our bed and the kid get the pull out in the other room. Clean modern hotel with great breakfast and super staff. Great Location and Value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family