“Would give it five stars if..”

Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Egypt
“Would give it five stars if..”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The room is good, the staff is very nice. The hot breakfast is great and omelet is delicious.
The pool is good, and probably you will be alone with your family as it never gets crowded even in the weekend.. all is good except....
1 thing happened that made me disgusted. while I was at the pool I noticed a red fresh fluid near the edge of the jacuzzi. At first I wasn't sure if it is really blood, but then I decided to look closer and around the area and to my surprise I found also a used bandage "see the photos"!
I said, well, this may be something that just happened and the staff is not aware of. I went to the front desk lady and informed her.
At the next noon, I checked, and found it is still there! nothing has been cleaned although it was over 24 hours since I notified the staff! No body reacted, no body cared!! and that is when I decided to go back to my room and grab my camera and take some shots.
This could be really dangerous and contagious specially for kids and people with poor immunity! what are they were waiting for to get it cleaned?
If it were cleaner or at least if the staff cared and cleaned that, I would give it 5 stars. I am still giving it 3 stars as other areas were very clean. But human blood on the floor with a used bandage, is something that can't be forgivable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HhKingofPrussiaGenMg, General Manager at Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello lagflag,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are certainly glad to hear you were able to enjoy the many amenities of the hotel but very concerned to hear of your experience with the response to the pool area. We take these matters very seriously and will look further into what happened this stay. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and apologize this did not happen. Please know these issues will be addressed. We hope that you choose to give us another chance to truly make your stay a truly wonderful one.

General Manager, HYATT house, King of Prussia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here on a recent Saturday night and couldn't be more happy. First of all, the hotel is directly across the street from the incredibly huge King of Prussia Mall. The price was very fair for the area. The hotel is easy to find and has ample parking. Also, there is a Joe's Crab Shack in the hotel parking lot! More on that in another review. The hotel itself as well as the immediate area/parking lot was very clean. The front desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The included hot breakfast was enjoyable and included made to order omelets. There is a nice indoor pool with a hot tub as well as a pretty nice exercise room. The wifi worked fine. The room itself was very nice and clean. The bed was interesting. It had a Simmons beauty rest mattress that at first I thought was way too firm and that my back would be killing me in the morning. However, when I got out of bed, my back felt fine. The room was good size, the TV was also decent sized and had a very good picture. The HVAC system worked well but was a hair bit on the loud side for me. The bathroom was ok. The hotel is very conveniently located in the Philadelphia area and is very close to the turnpike. The decor of the hotel is very modern maybe a little too modern for me, but fine nonetheless. There was also a little area that had a fire pit outside of the pool area. Interesting. In conclusion, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Greg3813,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough survey, we truly appreciate it!! I am even more pleased to hear what a great experience you had, we are certainly happy to hear you were able to enjoy all of our amenities as well as the location right in the heart of King of Prussia.
We hope to see you again in the near future, safe travels!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was traveling with my wife and three children. We arrived what I thought was late at night but there were still plenty of people around near the fire pit and the bar. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very nice. Room was very clean and well kept. Our neighbors were a little loud but miraculously once you got past the kitchen you couldn't hear them. Overall a great stay!

Green Features: Every light I saw was either fluorescent or LED. There is also a slot in your room for the key that turns the light on when you come in.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello Dylan G.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear that your family was able to have a quiet and relaxing stay. Our green initiatives are very important to the Hyatt culture and we are so glad to see you noticed them as well. Again, thank you for the great feedback, we look forward to hosting you in the near future!

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our family enjoyed our stay here and plan to return when we next make a trip to the Philadelphia area. Our room was clean and had plenty of space to accommodate our family of four. Our kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool, as well as the "campfire" around the fire pit. The included breakfast was a nice step up from the usual "free breakfast" fare. It offered an extensive variety of both cold and hot breakfast items, as well as made-to-order omelets.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HhKingofPrussiaGenMg, General Manager at Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello Saavychic,

We are so pleased to hear your family enjoyed your stay and our amenities while at HYATT House King of Prussia! The fire pits add a nice touch on these beautiful PA nights, we are glad to hear you thought so too! We look forward to your return visit.
Safe Travels ~

General Manager - HYATT house, King of Prussia
Carpentersville
Reviewed 9 July 2014

What a beautiful, modern hotel! I was with my husband and 2 daughters (7 & 11 yr old) and we stayed in a room with 1 king and pullout. It was very comfortable for all if us! We definitely got way more for our money. And the area was perfect with the mall being right next door since we love to shop!:) Our room was facing the highway, which worried us about the noise but we didn't hear any cars passing by at all. Breakfast food was way better than most places that has complimentary breakfast! We're definitely coming back here!

• Stayed July 2014
Josh D, General Manager at Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Blinling7,

Thank you for the excellent feedback!! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our modern décor and amenities. You really can't beat being located in the hear of King of Prussia with dining, shopping and entertainment! We hope to host you again in the near future!

NORTH CAROLINA
Reviewed 8 July 2014

In town for a short stay to attend a wedding and after visiting this hotel I wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel is very clean and the location is remarkable. The breakfast buffet was one of the best hotel selections I have ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello TG-NC-CHIC007,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we wished you could have stayed longer too! So happy to hear you enjoyed the location and amenities as well. We hope to host you again in the near future!

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was here for a week for business and overall I enjoyed the stay. The rooms are very clean and well kept. The area that the hotel is in has many options when it comes to food and entertainment. Many of the restaurants are within walking distance and so is a very large mall across the street. The hotel also has an agreement with the gym just a couple hundred yards away. While the gym (Bally's) is older but gets the job done when you're away on business travel. You get in for free...I used it a few times.

This is a good hotel and I would recommend it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Nate M,
Thank you for your positive feedback, glad you were able to enjoy the many amenities not only the hotel provides but also the luxuries of being located in the heart of King Of Prussia. While our state of the art gym provides many luxuries while travelling, our partnership with the local LA Fitness has been very beneficial for our guest as well, glad you were able to take advantage of that! We hope to see you again in the near future.