“Excellent and pet friendly”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Excellent and pet friendly”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel is fantastic if you have a dog, well it's fantastic if you don't either. Free parking and Wi-Fi great location, excellent upgrades and décor. The best part was the staff, those ladies are extremely friendly and helpful and made our stay fabulous. My boyfriend had a weekend conference there and while we were there we adopted a rescue puppy from the ACDRA. The young lady behind the counter was so happy for me and begged me to bring him to see her the next day on her shift. All of the staff loved him and gave him treats and he was very comfortable in the huge room. I will stay here every time I'm in town. The place was spotless and freshly renovated my only regret was that not all of the pet owners cleaned up after their dogs, despite the hotel providing poo bags and a special trash station. This makes me annoyed because as a dog owner I go out of my way to find pet friendly hotels and people that don't care ruin it for us an drive up pet fees. I ended up cleaning up after other people, I liked the hotel that much!

Room Tip: Just ask they will try to get you the best biggest room they have, if you are kind to them they are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I appreciate your taking the time to write about your positive experience!

It's great to hear that you found us to be very accommodating to you and your new dog, and I am also thrilled that you experienced exceptional guest service while lodging with us.

Once again, thank you for your review and choosing Extended Stay Hotels! We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels direct you to the King of Prussia area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Valencia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and chose this hotel given its location to the King of Prussia Mall and outlet centers. You could still see construction material in the parking lot because it was recently renovated. Standard rooms are not too big, and have a double bed. Still, kitchen space is adequate and staff is friendly. You will need a car to grab a bite to eat since it is off a sort of country road that links it eventually with the King of Prussia Mall. Staff was very friendly and even let me use the front desk printer to print some coupons for shopping! I would stay again at this hotel if i return to this part of the country as long as I have a car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you have found our hotel to be very clean and that you notice of our recent renovation. We take immense pride in our site and to read that you have experienced a more than satisfactory stay shows us that we are all successfully fulfilling our roles. We do regret that we are not directly located beside the mall, but as you have mentioned we are in a very close proximity and hope that convenience has served you well! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Had a great 2 day stay at this property Valley Forge Extended stay. Room was very clean and staff was very friendly y paid half price through priceline bid 45/night. GM was very helpful in helping us feel at home during visit to Valley
Forge. Excellent stay!y

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you were able to
accept an affordable rate for your stay, but you were also able to find the room in a comfortable state with pleasant staff well! Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay America- King of Prussia. We hope to see you soon!
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a great place to stay on an extended basis but was over priced for the value we received. I thought I was getting a room with two double beds not a king with a sofa bed for the price I paid. The layout of the room makes it impossible to get dressed without waking up all guests. The bathroom does not have any bars to assist getting in and out of the tub and does not have a separate shower. The tub is very slippery which made it very difficult to get in and out of the tub without falling. The A/C is below a curtain and we had to put something heavy to hold down the curtains because all the cool air was not able to blow into the room causing us to think the A/C was broken. The king bed was comfortable but the sofa bed was terrible. We had to go to the front desk to request the bedding for the sofa bed instead of having it available in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to fulfill your room request and that you found the A/C in your room to not work properly. At this time, I am working with our maintenance staff to correct this issue and ensure our curtains lay properly, not blocking the A/C, moving forward. As well, I am sorry that you were uncomfortable using the bathtub in your room. In response to this feedback, we will be looking into different ways we can improve the safety of our bathtubs to ensure this is not an issue in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these details to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kgp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The staff there is very helpful and friendly they make you feel very welcomed. They have a very spacious parking lot. As well as park benches on the vicinity to sit out side and enjoy the beautiful weather. Very convenient to a lot of places to shop or visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that our team provided you with the positive customer service and comfortable stay we strive for. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Flanders, NJ, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband travels often with the type of work he does. We have a fifth wheel for traveling, but needed to be 70 miles south of the job for new hire paperwork. Out of the many hotels in the King of Prussia area, I believe this is the only one that allows pets for a reasonable fee. We have two Labs who are well-behaved and we didn't have a boarding kennel for them yet. So ESA was our only option. We enjoyed our stay, but noted that the side chair and bed are not comfortable at all. My husband slept well, but I did notice every time we moved, it sounded like the bed had trampoline springs. I also reported this to ESA on the survey they sent. Otherwise, I was happy to have the Grab and Go breakfast option as I was stuck in traffic on the way back from the company's office just three miles away. It took me 50 minutes to drive one mile across the Delaware River. I think Washington crossed it more quickly 330-some years ago! Not the hotel's fault, but thank goodness for the portable breakfast or I might have become a very cranky commuter.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kelly - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and you were able to travel along with your dogs! As well, I am glad that the grab-and-go breakfast got you through your commute comfortably.

Brasília
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I left in my room a box of chocolates that I had brought from Hawaii as a graduation gift. I called the hotel a few minutes later and was told that the box was not there. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I went back to the hotel, but the associate at the front desk (Valerie) was not helpful at all. She didn't allow me to talk to the manager and didn't let me make a formal complaint. I'm never coming back to Extended Stay and I'm spreading the word about it.

• Stayed May 2013