“Great value - inexpensive AND nice play to stay.”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
“Great value - inexpensive AND nice play to stay.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My daughter, grand dane and I stayed here on Nov 15th for dog show the next day. Hotel one of few pet friendly in area. The price was so reasonable that our expectations were curious. Room was very clean, comfortable, full kitchen, 2 comfortable double beds. A great place, whether you're staying one night or a month. No, it's not a 4- star hotel, but it's 1/4 the price of Hyatt or Hilton. I would highly recommend it if you are traveling with a pet or want an inexpensive room with great value. Free Wi-Fi also. Front desk staff VERY friendly - better than upscale hotels. They not only tolerate pets - they welcome them and appear to take joy in meeting them. We felt very welcome here.

Room Tip: Were only there for 12 hours, so did not get a good idea of the layout.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel. I am so glad that, your daughter and your great dane found your room be comfortable and clean. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel had to offer and the service our staff provided.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again should your traveling bring you back to the area. We hope to see you next year for the dog show!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I drove our motor home to this hotel with my father who was to have back surgery in the area. Extended Stay is where my father stayed for the week. The hotel permitted us to park our motor home in their parking lot so we could be near my dad. We brought the motor home so my father could lay down on the 7 hour ride back to Ohio after his back surgery if he needed to do so. My father suffered a heart attack immediately after surgery and was taken to the local hospital to recover. Even though we canceled my dad's last night at the hotel since he was in the hospital, Extended Stay permitted us to keep our motor home in their parking lot. It made a very stressful situation more bearable because we did not have to find another place to park our motor home. And the staff was extremely accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your Extended Stay experience with the world. We are extremely grateful that you took the time to write and share this review as it represents one aspect of our coaching which we utilize to focus our efforts on being the best we can be! We are similarly very proud of our staff for offering such accommodations for you and your family during this time.

In the event that your traveling redirects you to the King of Prussia area, please do not hesitate to contact us as we would be more than happy to have you stay with us again! Thank you again for your review and for choosing Extended Stay Hotels for your lodging needs. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay America for (ironically) one night while visiting Valley Forge and the King of Prussia Mall. It was more memorable than most hotels I've stayed at.

VALUE: I booked this hotel on a weekend when most Philadelphia-area hotels were ludicrously expensive (because of some college graduation thing going on), but I was able to get a good deal through Priceline.

LOCATION: The hotel is located close to Valley Forge and King of Prussia Mall, but when you're travelling by foot like I was (not advised in KOP), the hotel does feel a bit isolated.

SLEEP QUALITY: The beds were more than adequate and there was very little activity going on outside to cause disturbances.

ROOMS: The rooms were well appointed, but not very warm (in character - temperature was fine). As the name suggests, the hotel is meant more for longer stays, but is fine for just a night as well.

CLEANLINESS: The hotel was clean, and maybe a little sterile.

SERVICE: This is where the hotel really shines. When I walked in, I was surprised to find a highly chaotic scene. From what I gathered, there was some booking situation caused by the college graduation thing, and they were trying to arrange alternate accommodations for some customers. Whatever the case, it took a while for them to get to me, for which the clerk apologized and then launched into a very amusing tirade. (The general manager seems to be pretty proactive in responding to comments on this site, so I won't name the individual for fear of reprecussions.) I would, however, like to single out Shana, who is by far the most friendly and personable hotel staff member I have ever encountered. I find that hotel clerks are generally taught to treat guests like royalty - polite and deferential to the point that they seem insincere. Shana is one of the few I have met who has the confidence to treat you like a real person.

I know it's strange to focus on the customer service I got for one night at an ordinary hotel outside of Philadelphia, but ultimately it made this stay more memorable than times I've stayed at better hotels in more exotic locations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aaron R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Aaron - Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at our property! I am so pleased to see that you encountered an exceptional level of service provided by our staff and that you feel that the overall condition of the hotel met your travelling needs and standards. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room and having the opportunity to read your survey proves that we have reached this goal of ours.

Again, we are extremely thankful that you took the time and effort to give recognition to our hotel and would love the opportunity to host you again with Extended Stay Hotels. Please be sure to contact us if you have any future lodging needs as we would love to accommodate you at one of our many, nationwide properties!
North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We did not think the Extended Stay franchise would meet our desires for a clean, well-appointed room, but we needed a place that would take a dog ($25 as opposed to the fancy places that want $75 or more!). We were very pleasantly surprised! Front desk was very friendly and efficient. For this area, the $108 price wasn't bad (+dog) with AAA discount. If we had used the kitchen we could have saved much more, but this was a fairly quick drive-through the area. Don't expect fancy soaps or a fancy lobby or much for breakfast -- it's inexpensive, clean, and offers guests the chance to choose their own soaps, food, etc. We requested a "quiet" room and she gave us one on the second floor away from elevators. Only one set of guests talked loudly in the hallway while we tried to sleep. As with most hotels of this type, the air conditioning cycled noisally on and off throughout the night. Bed was fairly comfortable. Bathroom clean -- liked the tile in shower!

Room Tip: Just request!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property and Extended Stay Hotels. I am so pleased to see that we met your request for a clean, well-appointed room for you and your pet! I love to share feedback like yours with our staff , they are so proud to deliver friendly and efficient service and it means so much that you took the time to recognize them for that. To see that we offered a comfortable stay with a great value means we succeeded in our efforts to satisfy your travel needs and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again for staying with us and choosing Extended Stay America.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had been in ESA for about 2 weeks. The hospitality was really good. All the staff at the hotel was very welcoming and helpful. I specially want to mention about a girl named Shana at the front desk. She was just awesome. Rooms were spacious and clean. I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel. Overall a great place to visit and I would love to visit this hotel again.

Rajinder

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Rajinder - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that our staff provided you with such helpful and warm service. We pride ourselves on our guest service and seeing that we have satisfied you with a spacious and clean room, shows that we have accomplished our goal.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels for your lodging needs. Please come see us again if your traveling directs you back to the King of Prussia area!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

upon arrival I was granted an early check in with no issues whatsoever. I travel with a service dog, so Kate at the front desk upgraded me and my dog Bob to a beautiful suite. wonderful location not that far from Philadelphia Airport, and right near Valley Forge park and great shopping. I'm only staying for a night, but I actually wouldn't mind staying for a month. Thanks again Kate for your wonderful hospitality! From Billy and Bob

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Hi Billy and Bob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer our site such a positive review! It's so great to see that not only did you find our property to be located in a close proximity to local attractions including the Valley Forge park, but that you would consider us again for your future lodging accommodations. It is also pleasing to read that you've experienced an outstanding level of service from our staff, indicating that we've accomplished our goal at satisfying your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels direct you back to the King of Prussia area!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed here for the first time on a 3-day business trip. The hotel staff at the front desk were fantastic!! I even had a lengthy conversation with the manager (who's name escapes me right now -- sorry!) -- nothing of concern, just chatting. The room was clean, adequately spacious for one person, and very cozy. As another reviewer posted, the air conditioning blew straight up behind the curtains.... a quick fix for this: place 2 bowls on the base of the curtains to anchor them to the window sill... Not a big deal.

The only drawback (slight) was the location: though it was close to KOP mall, it was difficult for me to find nearby restaurants that weren't in the Mall. However, the front desk staff were very familiar with the area and set me in the right direction.

A huge plus was my ability to check out late. A meeting I attended ran way over -- long past the check-out time -- a quick phone call to the front office and no worries! They didn't even charge me for another night stay.

As a result of my wonderful experience and high level of customer service at the KOP location, I have changed my reservation for an up-coming trip to Cincinnati, OH to the Extended Stay in Covington, KY. Looking forward to it!!!

Room Tip: Use something heavey to anchor the curtains to the window sill so the air conditioning (or heat) doe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Liza - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that you've not only experienced exceptional service from the staff, but that you have chosen to stay with another Extended Stay Hotel. We are also glad that you liked your room and the ability to have a late check-out.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We have read your review as a team and are all very pleased with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!