“A fun night out”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sur La Table Cooking Class
Reviewed 15 March 2012

While shopping at the King of Prussia Mall I saw a cooking class in progress in the back of the SLT store. This seems to go on at all their locations, and the calendar on their website is full of interesting choices. My girlfriend and I love to cook so I booked a class for us.

It was expensive ($70-$80) but we had fun, and would probably do it again. It lasted 3 hours, they break you up into groups of 2 - 3, and make all the meals listed on the menu for the class. It's VERY rushed though since you are making a lot of things. You don't have time to really see what it is you are doing, everything is pre measured so it's quickly toss everything into the bowl and mix. So you don't really have time to learn anything or get tips.

Since the class offering changes all the time, and it seems like it's made by corporate the chef/instructor is making it for the first time as well, so the recipes are sometimes a little off with too strong of certain ingredients that after making it a few times would have been much better, but the chef had tons of experience so I'm sure to them they make new stuff all the time. But to me when I was eating most of the meals most agreed certain recipes were flawed with the amounts.

Practically everything sold in the store is available in the kitchen so you can try out certain items in a low pressure environment. They definitely talked about the products while using it, but not shoving it down your throat with "so we'll just add it to your cart". More like saying what items are good to have in your kitchen, along with some brand recommmendations. I found that useful.

After prepping you take a break while they clean up, you cook the items, then eat and share experiences.

Because most of the prep work is down it's fine for all experiences.

2  Thank edg126