“Was not enjoyable at all”

Valley Forge Casino
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed at the resort for a night and expected so much more. We are from the Harrisburg area and usually go to the Hollywood Casino to do a little gambling and let me just say that casino is 100x better. First impressions for me always make a lasting one and the first impression here is not a good one. First off you have to spend $10/person to get a day pass to get in which I find absolutely insane and then you have to swipe your useless card at security which is just a waste of technology because they ask for your ID anyway and it creates a backlog. They do give you a $10 gift card to use, but it can only be used on drinks/food in the casino ummm who said I was hungry or wanted to drink? At other casinos I have been to the card is used in the machines and this one is not unless you upgrade ... doesn't make much sense to me. My other suggestion would be give those whom have the potential to be carded multiple times a wrist band like most normal places to alleviate the need for digging it out every stinking time. Anyway on to the actual casino. It is very small we were circling like sharks just to find an available machine to go to. We had intentions of staying awhile considering spending the money to get in but we gambled $20 and were done didn't even get up but 1 time and it was like .50 what a crock.To touch base on the smoking it wasn't horrible but wasn't great not being a smoker and having asthma I didn't feel like I was going to die. We took our losses and used our "gift cards" so we didn't waste another $20 and sat at the Circle bar and listened to the music then ran out of there as fast as possible and didn't look back! If you are looking to actually get a pay out and enjoy yourself go to Hollywood Casino or Atlantic city. This little casino did not leave a good taste in our mouths and we definitely will not be back. One last side note at some other casino's they offer live entertainment (for free) and free soda machines throughout. Maybe it's because we are in our mid 20's this place didn't appeal to us I don't know...

4  Thank Becky626

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Found the Casino accidentally this past Sunday night after visiting King of Prussia mall. My husband & I were happy to find a free, close parking spot. We're not used to that in Atlantic City.

We had NO CLUE that this Casino was a membership based casino. Once we got online for a card and they told us we'd each get $25 free play and a $10 food credit, we didn't mind paying the $10 to get on to the floor.

I am so anti-smoke, and yes, it's all over but to play with some free play, I suffered and went for it.

Won on the Quick Hits penny machine ($75). My husband found the .25 cent Wheel of Fortune machines in the non-smoking section so I was able to breathe and he won $50.

I was dumb and put a few more bucks into some machines on the way out so I wound up breaking even but it was still fun!! Noticed tables were $10 minimums which I like.

Small place, good people, and I enjoyed the membership afterall because it's not as trashy as PARX or some of the other local casinos. Good times!

Oh and we used our food credit for some food to go. The hot dog was FRESH and tasty but took a long time to cook. =/

Bathrooms were clean! I was happy. :)

We'll be back for sure!

2  Thank Lali S
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We happened upon this casino by accident when attending the Historic Home Show in the Convention Center, located in the basement of the Casino/Hotel complex. We did not have to pay for parking.

They monitor access to the Casino. You must have either a membership card (free) or be a registered guest of the hotel.

It is a smallish casino. Smoke fills the entire place. There is no escaping it. Smoke and senior citizens (on this Sunday afternoon at least).

The machine varieties are odd, I thought. There were more than the usual amount of video slots. And quite a lot of penny and nickel machines. There were a few gaming tables.

The small bar is in the middle and they did have comp beverage service.

Three employees were enjoying a conversation while one sat in a slot chair and the other two blocked the aisle.

You have to leave the gaming floor to go to a food court type area for either salads, burgers, etc. It is also food court seating. Lines were long and meal prep very, very slow. My grilled chicken sandwich, however, was very tasty and freshly prepared.

So - that was my first and last impression of this surprise visit. I only have the Borgota and Revel in AC for comparison.

3  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 26 February 2014

For only having 600 machines, they have a pretty good assortment. There is usually some kind of promo like a slot machine contest or free play opportunity going on. And I usually come out of there either winning or breaking even, which is more than I can say for any other casino I have frequented. No smokier than most other casinos, better than ParX, and the smallness of it make it kind of a boutique casino, kinda neet! Access is really easy, you take the first exit on your right after exiting at the Valley Forge Exit of the PA turnpike. (it actually is the Valley Forge Park exit), make a right at the bottom of the ramp, and about 2 miles down the road, there it is! Enjoy. Nice bunch of people there too.

2  Thank LarryK541
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Casino was much smaller than those in AC but provided a fun experience as it was attached to the Radisson Hotel we were staying at. Not fond of cigarette smoke so that was a drawback. They require you to have a card to enter the casino and a separate one to play with. Seems a little redundant but not a big deal. They give you a $25 credit to play with and more if you play longer than 30 minutes. Fun end to a night!

1  Thank rdwolf5