“Nice Birthday dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 143 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mall Boulevard
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Birthday dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had a nice birthday dinner here. The crab stuffed lobster was delicious! They give a complimentary dessert for birthdays. We chose the banana cream pie after hearing great things about it. I didn't think it was that great...liked the caramelized sugar on top, but the cream is basically liquid. I prefer it to be a little thicker in consistency. It also could use more bananas too. Overall a great meal. I still prefer Capital Grille

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ballerinacakes

Phoenixville, PA
“Fabulous steak... that's about it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I went with another couple to celebrate Valentine's Day (on the 15th). We had reservations and were promptly seated in the back dining room but the table was only set for a party of two. The servers scrambled around us getting our place settings/glasses (not prepared and we had reservations!?!). The wine glasses had a cloudy film and could see some lip stains (how unsettling for a high end restaurant!). The four of us decided to order from the 'Valentine's Day Special Menu' which was well priced (for Ruth's Chris standards) at $99 per couple for a 3-course dinner. We all had fabulous steaks that came out sizzling on the plate. The sides could have been better.... not so great Caesar salad, thin mashed potoates and so-so creamed spinach. Our choice for dessert was a tasty apple tart for two with ice cream. Our waiter seemed inexperienced. His timing was off, he was a little intrusive and we felt like he was rushing us. The decor seemed to be a little tired. The chandeliers were filthy! For these prices, I would expect an overall excellent dining experience which we didn't have. Kind of makes you wonder when the restaurant is about 75% full on a Valentine's Day weekend.... hmmm? I would prefer to go to Capital Grille in the same vicinity where I know it will be a much more refined experience with better service, better food and impeccable interior.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Mary K
Phila PA
“Best filet mignon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I started my meal with a dirty martini and Ruth's delicious crusty yet tender rolls. My next course was a tomato and mozzarella salad drizzled with a perfect balsamic. The filet mignon came next - mouthwatering and topped with a blue cheese crust. Mmmmm! Accompaniments were au gratin potatoes and broccoli that were not up to the Ruth's standard for some reason. Dessert was a complimentary mini cheesecake with ample portions for 2, as we mentioned it was my dining companion's birthday. Very nice touch!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank bonniePhilaPA
“Very High Class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

The steaks are perfectly prepared to order & everything I ordered was incredibly delicious. I have eaten expensive steaks all the way down to their sliders. The menu is a little pricey but if the quality is there I don't mind paying.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Lovely, consistent, a little too stuffy and formal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This brand is pretty consistent nationwide. They do have incredibly good steaks and seafood. The randomness of which server you get is the only challenge to this place.

Visited February 2014