“Can't cook steak ” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 137 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mall Boulevard
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Can't cook steak ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

As a steak restaurant you would expect them to be able to cook steak!! 25minute wait and then steak isn't as ordered!! Then deliver the same steak warmed and a fresh potato. !!

Conshohocken
“Dessert and no coffee??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

All three greeters at the door seemed to stare in space when we arrived and requested seating for a seminar we were attending. Finally a light bulb went off and we were told to sit, order a drink, because our host was setting up. Okay, I get it. Restaurants make money by drinks. Since this was a "freebie" my husband and I just sat and waited until we were ushered to the seminar.
Once inside the room, I noticed that there was hair on the tablecloth. I covered it with a name tag.
Food was delivered after the presentation and boy was the service SLOW. We waited over a half hour with no explanations of why we were just sitting there. Water was served over and over again. I guess to "whet our appetites"!
My husband ordered the steak and he said it was fair. The chicken was okay. Both the vegetables; mashed potatoes and spinach were YUK. The salad was really the highlight, but it was so ordinary. Dessert came and I ordered strawberries in cream, (very little cream I might add), but they were a close runner to being the highlight. My husband's chocolate mousse was small and frozen.
The waiter kept coming by our table and explaining the food to us and what expansions the restaurant was going to make to their menu. I smiled and thanked the server, but all I cared about was the coffee to complete the dinner. Nope, again we kept waiting and no coffee or tea. Nothing but the servers cleaning up.
Although it was a "freebie" and a night out with my hubby, I was very disappointed in the food.
I can't say that I could recommend the restaurant, yet when I walked to the bathroom there were a lot of patrons.
If you go, make sure that you get coffee with your dessert

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sandra G
Chester County, PA
“OK choice, but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Standard steakhouse. Big on beef, and while of excellent quality- nothing exciting. Sides are extra as is normal in this category, but again- standard. Au gratin potatoes, creamed spinach and the like. For this type of money you ought to get outstanding.And you don't.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Barb N
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went for a friend's birthday. Given their reputation and the cost, I expected a lot more. The food was just ok. The 'cowboy steak' that was highly recommended by our server was just mediocre. Our friend's strip steak was much better. The crab legs were small and tasteless--not worth it. The crabtini appetizer was good--in fact the salads and appetizers were much better than the main courses. Our host was pleasant, but our server seemed unhappy to be at work. She was definitely rushing us through our meal. At a place like this, you'd expect much better training. Plates were routinely being taken away before we were ready and being brought to the table before it was time. The steak was not cooked properly. Overall the service was not good. There are much better places to get a good steak in this price range.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank CCS14
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ruths Chris I need a discount”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My credit card that earns reward points entitled me to $100 gift card to Ruths Chris. Without this discount I could not justify the price to dine there. My wife had the prix fix selection of small filet, side, salad, and desert for $45 which was pretty reasonable. I went crazy and ordered the King Crab legs for $65 along with the lamb chop appetizer for $18. Everything was good, just not really good enough for the average Joe to fork out over $200 with drinks. Was surprised that crab legs did not come with melted butter or shell crackers. The atmosphere was very nice as was the service. I would go back if I had $100 gift card to help take the sting off the sticker price.

• Visited May 2014