“Wonderful steaks”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Cross street: Mall Boulevard
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful steaks”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am a repeat visitor at this location and many other locations in the US. When we travel, I always see if there's a Ruth's Chris in the area. First of all, I don't order anything other than steak in a steakhouse. Their steaks are wonderful, usually perfect although they have made mistakes when they're been busy. Their baked potatoes are large, and their sides are generous. I recommend the filet, and get it butterflied if you eat it well-done. No steak sauce is necessary, and the steak is trimmed so well that there won't be anything left on your plate when you're done. Their wine list is extensive and their bottle prices are not as ridiculous as other places. The coffee is wonderful, and their desserts are delicious. I always keep one of their gift cards in my wallet in the event I have a steak emergency. If you think it's too pricey, you can't afford it. Perhaps a restaurant where you order off the menus on the wall would be more to your liking.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Fenuzio

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Can't cook steak ”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

As a steak restaurant you would expect them to be able to cook steak!! 25minute wait and then steak isn't as ordered!! Then deliver the same steak warmed and a fresh potato. !!

Conshohocken
“Dessert and no coffee??”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

All three greeters at the door seemed to stare in space when we arrived and requested seating for a seminar we were attending. Finally a light bulb went off and we were told to sit, order a drink, because our host was setting up. Okay, I get it. Restaurants make money by drinks. Since this was a "freebie" my husband and I just sat and waited until we were ushered to the seminar.
Once inside the room, I noticed that there was hair on the tablecloth. I covered it with a name tag.
Food was delivered after the presentation and boy was the service SLOW. We waited over a half hour with no explanations of why we were just sitting there. Water was served over and over again. I guess to "whet our appetites"!
My husband ordered the steak and he said it was fair. The chicken was okay. Both the vegetables; mashed potatoes and spinach were YUK. The salad was really the highlight, but it was so ordinary. Dessert came and I ordered strawberries in cream, (very little cream I might add), but they were a close runner to being the highlight. My husband's chocolate mousse was small and frozen.
The waiter kept coming by our table and explaining the food to us and what expansions the restaurant was going to make to their menu. I smiled and thanked the server, but all I cared about was the coffee to complete the dinner. Nope, again we kept waiting and no coffee or tea. Nothing but the servers cleaning up.
Although it was a "freebie" and a night out with my hubby, I was very disappointed in the food.
I can't say that I could recommend the restaurant, yet when I walked to the bathroom there were a lot of patrons.
If you go, make sure that you get coffee with your dessert

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sandra G
Chester County, PA
“OK choice, but overpriced”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Standard steakhouse. Big on beef, and while of excellent quality- nothing exciting. Sides are extra as is normal in this category, but again- standard. Au gratin potatoes, creamed spinach and the like. For this type of money you ought to get outstanding.And you don't.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Barb N
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went for a friend's birthday. Given their reputation and the cost, I expected a lot more. The food was just ok. The 'cowboy steak' that was highly recommended by our server was just mediocre. Our friend's strip steak was much better. The crab legs were small and tasteless--not worth it. The crabtini appetizer was good--in fact the salads and appetizers were much better than the main courses. Our host was pleasant, but our server seemed unhappy to be at work. She was definitely rushing us through our meal. At a place like this, you'd expect much better training. Plates were routinely being taken away before we were ready and being brought to the table before it was time. The steak was not cooked properly. Overall the service was not good. There are much better places to get a good steak in this price range.

Visited May 2014