“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warwick, New York, USA
“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My hubby and I stayed here during the "Weekend to Remember" conference and boy it really was a weekend to remember! The hotel staff are so courteous and friendly. We were given a room on the 5th floor and couldn't have been more happy. The wonderful welcome package with eye mask, ear plugs and lavender bed spray was so cute! The rooms are very clean and the flat screen TVs are a great, modern touch. The furniture and decor are also modern and improve the value of the hotel in my opinion. The beds are so unbelievably comfortable as well! Almost as comfortable as home ;) If you're in the area and need a place to stay - look no further!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on the 5th floor!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Simple, clean, big room and in front of a biggg mall.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Marcuscouf
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed here for a girls weekend trip to do some shopping at the King of Prussia Mall. This hotel is within the mall circle, so it is very convenient to all restaurants and shopping. The hotel itself is very nice. No complaints with the size or cleanliness of the rooms or bathrooms.
The only issue we had was noise in the hall throughout the night. This hotel appears to host many weddings; therefore, there were a lot of intoxicated guests hanging out and walking in the hallways well into the morning on Friday and Saturday night being very loud. We did call the front desk around 4:00 AM and they promptly did handle the problem. I don't think there is anything the hotel can really do about it - I think when you have weddings, you are going to also have situations like that.
Overall, we would definitely stay at this hotel again, and I would recommend to anyone staying in King of Prussia.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to avoid room locations near those that have been blocked off for weddings.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Western Pa.
Reviewed 31 October 2011

When I stay in a hotel, I want it to be clean, comfortable, and friendly. The Crowne Plaza Hotel in King of Prussia was all three. I had stayed here once before, in 2008, on the top floor where I got the whole bathrobe, eye mask, linen spray treatment, in addition to a very comfortable bed and free breakfast. This time, my room was on the first floor—about halfway down the hall, but far enough away from the lobby that I didn't even hear the three wedding receptions that were going on—and I got two very comfortable beds, free breakfast, and a happy travel companion who doesn't give praise freely but said of the Crown Plaza: "This is a nice hotel." High praise indeed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Going on third week of a four-week business training seminar stay - maybe I shouldn't say anything yet because I still have one week to go...! Haha! No room complaints; stayed on the third and fourth floors so far. Get an even-numbered room if you want a view out the front; not much to see out back (except a pretty nice sunrise). All rooms so far very comfy; two of the bathrooms had faucets a tiny bit loose; one bathroom door was a little hard to close. Housekeeping was efficient and polite. Thanks Bud, for the door key help when the system was changed...! Can't say enough about the staff at Stirling's (Shannon, Sara, Debra, Cassie, Kendra) and desk staff and shuttle driver Andrew. All were very, very friendly and pleasant- while maintaining a professional attitude. Oh - the food was pretty good, too! I'd choose Crowne Plaza for my personal trips in the future.

Room Tip: Lower numbers put you closer to the elevator - but you knew that, right?
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I used to stay at this hotel very regularly and quite liked it. I hadn't been for around a year and stayed last week. I was disappointed in a few areas. Some of the "extras" seems to have gone missing...no robes in the room, no earplugs, no linen spray. And frankly the breakfast wasn't great. Also, when my colleague and I arrived I was on the ground floor and was not happy with my room. I asked to move up but was told I couldn't due to my reservation type, even though we didn't arrive late at night. Oddly, my colleague, was on a higher floor, even though our reservations were made together. With a new hotel opening soon virtually next door, I thought the ship would be tight here - but unfortunately its not.

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
rmcgowan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay as much as you have in the past. I did want to address your comments because there are some inaccuracies. We still do put robes in our rooms. We have always and only had robes in our 4th & 5th floor rooms....we have not changed that procedure. In addition, we still do include the sleep amenities you mentioned as well. Unfortunately, in your circumstance, you booked a room when we had only first floor rooms available. When rooms open up on higher floors we assign them first by highest rate being paid then by corporate or group affiliation and so on. It appears we had only one room available to upgrade and since you and your colleague were at the same rate, etc., by chance the room went to your colleague. Unfortunately, we are limited to what we have available and we are committed to giving each guest the room that they book unless we have an opportunity to upgrade.

Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade your stay at that time.

Bob McGowan
Miami
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I had to be in town for business for two weeks, so high on my list was a comfortable bed. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are sleeping in a "hotel bed". This is why I was most happy at the Crowne Plaza in K of P, as the bed seemed just like home and I slept very well. Granted, I am a platinum member and stayed on the 5th floor, but I would assume the beds are the same throughout the hotel. The 5th floor is just quieter, business travelers, etc. I also ordered room service on multiple occasions and had very good service, usually 15 - 25 minutes for delivery and it was always hot. The veggie pesto wrap is very good, the onion soup is nice, and nothing I ordered over several days had any problems, so I can definitely recommend room service for those late work nights. Staff are polite and helpful too. The location is right next to the mall and as such many restaurants. It is a stone's throw from Valley Forge, which is a great place to take a long walk and relax. Housekeeping was thorough, although for some reason they kept throwing away my soap and giving me a new one! Wireless service is good as I did watch multiple streamed programs without glitches. There is also wired service, if needed for work. There is a refrigerator in the room. Breakfast buffet is under $14, but if you are a priority club member staying on the 5th floor, there is a free breakfast and cocktail hour. Overall I'd stay here again next time in town for location, good room service, and mostly, the comfy bed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Verti94
rmcgowan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Wow, I cannot thank you enough for your excellent comments. You said it all so well people will think I wrote it myself!!

As you might imagine, we try very hard to exceed each and every guest's expectations....it is always nice to get such positive reinforcement. Thank you for commenting on so many services that we offer. I will surely take your feedback to my team so that they may enjoy the positive reinforcement as well.

I appreciate your business a great deal and I hope you will have the opportunity of staying with us again sometime soon. I hope to meet you personally at that time.

Bob McGowan