“Excellent Hotel with Great Service”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alabama
“Excellent Hotel with Great Service”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute hotel in the Philadelphia area when there with my folks, and got a ridiculously good deal on Priceline at this wonderful property. While a little far from Philadelphia itself, this hotel is across the road from one of the biggest shopping complexes in the US, and I was looking for a hotel in this area for that reason.

Check-in was great, with a wonderful front desk staff. To me, the hotel seemed modern, and had great decor. The front desk agent was extremely helpful, and even suggested area restaurants where we could have a good dinner. We were also given a guide to the mall. It was evident that the staff was willing to go above and beyond to ensure a wonderful stay.

The room itself was wonderful. Very comfortable. Well decorated, and perfect for both business and leisure travelers. We were given a room near the ice machine, so it didn't seem like it would be the most quiet in the world, but it wasn't bad. Being that I got a discounted rate off a third party site, I don't expect the most in-demand room location. In reality though, this location was almost perfect, and when the door was closed, it wasn't noisy at all.

My ONLY complaint with this hotel, which I made known at check out, was the cheap toilet paper in the bathroom. For a hotel that competed in the somewhat upscale market, I would expect better quality there.

Overall, a wonderful property with a great location and great people. I hope to stay here again in the future, if I am out that way again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful praise. I will be sure to share your excellent comments with my team...I know they will appreciate the recognition as well! We do our very best to make our guests feel at home while here, it is nice to know you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to you returning to our area and would be pleased to care for you again. Thank you for having been our guest and for sharing your thoughts with others.

Bob McGowan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2013

the entrance and conference areas are sleek and clean
the restaurant and bar are very nice and pricey.
rooms and rest of hotel are starting to show age, though they have remodeled some rooms recently.
There's no onsite pool or exercise area, but you do get access to a nearby fitness joint. so you have a wide range of activities there, but also a lot of people to compete with.
Pray that you dont have any rowdy folks staying on your floor, you will be able to hear them like they are sitting next to you on the couch (the doors have huge gaps and walls are not very soundproof)...i recommend always leaving the tv on to drown out noise.
The crowne is the best hotel in the king of prussia vacinity in my opinion when you weigh quality and price together, but there are cheaper options.
staff is always warm and welcoming and give return visitors a feeling like they have been missed.
I almost always stay here, but to be totally honest, if I had a better option, I would probably switch.

Room Tip: try to get rooms not on the ground floor or on the floor with access to the fitness center, it cuts...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all of your kind remarks about the hotel and the staff. We take all the constructive criticisms seriously in order to continue to improve our product and services for all of our guests. Thanks again for taking the time to write. We hope to see you again very soon.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I visited Crown Plaza again after 8 month and I´m glad to confirm that it´s still keeping high standard and it was a pleasure for me to stay there. Seamless check-in and check-out without any delays, perfect room service and delicious breakfast.
I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and, more importantly, for your continued patronage. We really appreciate that you stay with us while in our area. You have several choices so we are especially happy that you find our product and service to be at such a high standard. We look forward to caring for you again on any, and all, future visits.

DC Area
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is located directly across the street from the King of Prussia mall. The lobby was very welcoming and the personnel working the front desks were very friendly. The room was spacious, the shower was immaculate (open bay concept with glass wall...no curtains/doors. Nice shower head.). The bathroom was like something from HGTV...regular size, yet great design. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Not the typical breakfast found at other hotels...live chef to prepare omelets and waffles on location. Buffet-style or menu for other foods. Lunch and dinner served also (at cost).

The hotel has a very good dining area and sufficient parking. Not too far from casino (maybe 20-minute drive or so), other malls in the area and fine dining. Nice location overall...excellent hotel overall!

(*Side-note*) Rooms do have a refrigerator, but no microwave. But, you can request one upon check-in and it will be sent to your room.

Room Tip: Hotel not directly near major highway, so highway noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your positive comments. I am extremely pleased that you were happy with every aspect of your stay. I am especially happy that you found the staff to be very friendly and the hotel to be very clean. Those are such critical elements of great hotel experiences....it is nice to know that we exceeded your expectations.

On behalf of my entire team, I want to thank you for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the recent US Open golf. The arrival and parking was fantastic. Heaps of parking and easy to get bags to room.

The breakfast downstairs was excellent and great value. We used the breakfast four times, each time it was good.

The bar area was alright. One night no one seemed interested in serving us and we walked out after about ten minutes of bring ignored.

The room were good and comfortable but the air conditioning in the room was very very noisy. You could not possibly sleep with it on.

• Stayed July 2012
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate all of your positive comments and will be sure to share them with my team. Please accept my apologies for the service in the bar. That is an unusual occurrence but one I will surely address immediately with my team. In fact, we use all the feedback we receive to continually train and retrain our team to be sure we exceed all of our guests expectations.

I hope your travels will bring you back to King of Prussia again sometime soon. I look forward to meeting with you personally. Until then, happy travels!!

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I guess I have stayed in too many Hyatts, Sofitels and Marriotts, but this was just not up to par. The hotel was noisy, AC did not work well, food was mediocre at best and staff response while friendly, not up to my professional standards. It is convenient to the mall and many good restaurants and was close to my place of work, but so are a nymber of other hotels- do not think i will be back unless others are sold out.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. While we love hearing all the positive comments which are the norm for us, we do welcome all feedback and use it in every aspect of what we do to continually work at improving our product and service. I am sorry that you did not have an excellent experience this time. I hope we will have the opportunity of serving you again sometime soon.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've stayed here before on business trips to the USA. The hotel is opposite the mall which is very easy to walk to and convienient for resteraunts in the area. The rooms are generally large, clean and comfortable and the refurbished bathrooms are great (although note that you only get a large walk-in shower - no bath).

This time I stayed on the 5th floor which has a lounge that you can get into via your door key offering a light diy breakfast or evening drinks. However most days I took breakfast downstairs which is of a buffet style plus made to order omlettes.

The hotel has a decent bar and you can get an evening meal or room-service. There is also gym access local to the hotel (not tried).

Compared to the nearby Hyatt House where I have also stayed, there are minor pro's and con's to each hotel but the Crowne Plaza is a good hotel to stay at and has the better breakfast (slighly worse selection of TV channels). Only niggle - one of the lifts feel slightly aged and grinds a bit as you near the 5th floor.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor to get perks.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We appreciate your comments a great deal, especially that you enjoyed the location, the large, clean rooms and our new bathrooms. I am very happy you enjoyed breakfast. It is always nice to be favorably compared to one of our competitors.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you again some time soon.