“Very pleasant experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Very pleasant experience”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was Very happy with the service i received it was delivered with a smile the room was very clean overall with plenty of towels . there was free parking as well as complimentary internet which was a nice touch i would definitely recommend and stay again at this hotel

• Stayed October 2013
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will be sure to let my staff know how pleased you were with your stay. I am especially happy that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. We do offer free wired and wireless internet access, glad you were able to enjoy it.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally should your travel plans return you to our area.

Bob McGowan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 1-1/2 weeks during training at a nearby company. The rooms were comfortable and very clean.

Service at the hotel was very good. I enjoyed ordering drinks from Dan, the bartender, who was an excellent conversationalist. I asked Roberta at breakfast if she could pour some decaf over ice. She kindly brought me the iced coffee as well as decanter of coffee just in case I needed more.

I would have liked to see an iHome alarm clock or power outlet on the nightstand so I could charge my iPhone near the bed. Also, the hotel has Lodgenet, but I could not find a way to use my iPhone as a remote using the Lodgenet app, which I have done at other hotels.

There is no fitness center or pool in the actual hotel. However, guests have access to a full-sized health club next door. The pro is the gym has a huge selection of equipment, while most hotels only have a treadmills. The con is you have to leave the hotel in bad weather. Fortunately I didn't have bad weather: I ended up running down the street at Valley Forge most days instead.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room facing the mall more than the back parking lot. It seemed larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will be sure that Dan and Roberta are acknowledged for delivering superior service. I know they will appreciate your kind remarks. Thanks as well for your comments about our fitness center. Having an La Fitness as our center offers our guests a huge advantage over all the other hotels that have just a small room with a couple of treadmills. I will note that we are looking at adding electrical outlets to make for easier access for connecting phones and other devices. More to come on that in the next few months!!

Thanks again for your feedback and for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at Crowne Plaza for 4 days and during those 4 days our room was regularly cleaned and supplies were replenished. The hotel is wonderful and the staff is very friendly and helpful, the whole look of the hotel is great and everything is sparkling and clean. The rooms were great and the beds were comfy, we loved the updated bathrooms with the big walk in shower. Their breakfast buffet was a pleasant surprise as it had a lot of choices and again the wait staff was friendly and efficient. I could've easily given this hotel a 5 star if not for the internet connection, it was terrible and for someone that needs to get some work done....well you are out of luck. It's very iffy at times and extremely slow. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age they have such unreliable internet connections at the Crowne Plaza. Plus side is if you have some time to shop you are right across the King of Prussia Mall.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katrina K
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your many positive comments about my hotel and my team. I cannot thank you enough for being so completely thorough. You really did capture the essence of what we are trying to do...deliver an excellent, clean environment, in a superior location with service delivered in a friendly accommodating manner. It seems we hit the mark on all of those areas. I am sorry you experienced trouble with your internet connection. Given that we recently expanded our bandwidth to a 50M circuit, I am surprised that you did not have outstanding connection and speed. I promise to investigate your particular room for what may have caused you difficulties. I will get that fixed immediately.

Thank you again for having been our guest. We do look forward to your return.

General Manager.
Lavras, MG
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Crowne Plaza is a good, very well-located business hotel. Being next to the King of Prussia Mall, it is conveniently located for leisure travel, as well.
The rooms are good, but not necessarily as good as some other Crowne Plaza units. Specifically, I missed the bathtub and the option to have rooms without fitted wall-to-wall carpet. But it is a good hotel and I surely hope to come back there several more times.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Johan K
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay so much that you would stay again if your plans bring you back to King of Prussia. If you do return, please request a room with a bathtub. We retained about 60 of our guest rooms with tubs when we did our recent bathroom remodeling. We know many of our guests like the tubs so we have ample to choose from throughout the hotel.

Thank you for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

Maryland
Reviewed 11 September 2013

When I pulled up to the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is a full-service hotel; meaning banquets, etc. When I entered the lobby I was really taken back by the lovely chandelier and also the marble lobby. I commented to the staff at the Front Desk that I found this location to be extremely nice. The staff were extremely professional, helpful and friendly. The cleanliness of this hotel was above and beyond. I really liked the fact that the proximity to the King of Prussia was so close.
I will be very honest, I did encounter one problem with my 1-night stay. However, I will not go into detail at all, as it was resolved above and beyond my expectations. I would like to say a big thanks to Management for going and beyond in resolving my issue. I am returning in October 2013 and I am really looking forward to that stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sexxylypps
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I really appreciate the fact that you found the hotel very clean and the staff very friendly. We work hard on those two critical areas as they are so important to every guest. I will be sure to convey your positive message to my team. Thank you again for your kindness. We look forward to your return next month.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and we will definitely stay there the next time we visit the Philadelphia area. It is very close to the shopping mall. For the money, there isn't a better value in the area. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank DandDH77
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and thank you for your continued patronage. We appreciate your business and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay once again. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and product, it is nice to know you were more than satisfied.

We look forward to your return. We hope to see you soon.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our check-in took a few seconds. The room and bathroom were impeccable. The beds very comfortable and soft. The installations are very modern and the cleaning service started early as soon as rooms were ready for clean up.
We didn't have breakfast included, I won't quote on that, but the general areas were bright, modern and with good taste.
We had a problem connecting with the Wi-Fi internet in the room but as soon as I reported it, a technician came for help and another one called to solve the problem remotely. WE didn't have more problems connecting later.
We requested a microwave and it was brought a few minutes after.
It is about 30 minutes drive from downtown but I didn't want to pay $200 -$250 a night. There are many nice restaurants around the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mili221
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for all of the kind remarks about my hotel and the service you received. I will be sure to recognize my team for their efforts. It is always rewarding to know that we delivered on our promise to help make your stay memorable. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again very soon. Until then, enjoy your travels and be safe.